2010 GTHL AA East

Re: 2010 GTHL AA East

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:09 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:09 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:37 am I don't think West Hill has the power to get anyone suspended...

And didn't West Hill play a few games without their best player (suspended, presumably by the GTHL not the SYB), as well as one of their stronger D (the player injured from a head shot)?

What am I missing here? Or it just sour grapes?
WH kid was suspended DURING the game by the REFEREE for a play DURING the game. Not behind the scenes by escalating a LiveBarn video, turning a normal penalty into a suspension.
Play stupid games, win stupid prize.

It was a penalty plain and simple. If it wasn't he would have been playing.

Face it, your "stacked" team couldn't get the job done. Enjoy sitting in the stands. :lol:
Penalty deserving of suspension.

Post by Guest »

Full disclosure I am a west Hill parent and In all the chaos I want to focus on the positive things I saw.

Firstly that was a great game last night one of the best I saw all year. Literally either team could have won. Both teams should be proud of how hard they played.

After the game I noticed 4 or 5 syb players approach some west hill players and fist bump them and say either congrats or good game. That blew me away, it takes a lot of emotional maturity to do that especially when your teams expectations were so high (and rightly so) and the fact that they are 13 just makes it so impressive. There may have been more I'm just going by what I saw. The parents of those boys should be proud of their composure.

I thought the reffing was OK there was one bad call but in the grand scheme of things the referees could have been way worse.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:09 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:37 am I don't think West Hill has the power to get anyone suspended...

And didn't West Hill play a few games without their best player (suspended, presumably by the GTHL not the SYB), as well as one of their stronger D (the player injured from a head shot)?

What am I missing here? Or it just sour grapes?
WH kid was suspended DURING the game by the REFEREE for a play DURING the game. Not behind the scenes by escalating a LiveBarn video, turning a normal penalty into a suspension.
Hitting is part of hockey at this level. In this series, there have been a lot of good solid hits delivered by both teams.

The hit in question is not “normal” nor is it acceptable and was dangerous.

It was a bad hit. Whether you are penalized on the spot during the game or suspended because of an appeal after does not change the fact that it happened.

Player has to own it. SYB has to own it.

Sad SYB lost the series, don’t lose your dignity too by playing the victim.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:44 pm The parents and kids on SYB just follow the coaches lead. Will be interesting to see if the SYB coach is suspended for his part in starting a physical altercation with the WH coach after the game. Not surprising that he would go out with no class. Will be interesting if they can rebuild the team with all of their top kids leaving.

Should be a good final between the 2 best teams in the East.
WH has some good structure. Doubt they will get past EE.

West will win. Skill is better. Hate to say it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:32 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:44 pm The parents and kids on SYB just follow the coaches lead. Will be interesting to see if the SYB coach is suspended for his part in starting a physical altercation with the WH coach after the game. Not surprising that he would go out with no class. Will be interesting if they can rebuild the team with all of their top kids leaving.

West as in West Hill. 8-)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:01 am
Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:32 pm

West as in West Hill. 8-)
:D

Post by Guest »

Fine i will say it, the Bruins getting bounced from the playoffs early sure slows down the amount of posts on this site. So will the Bruins pull off a great rebuild this off season or will the slide back to the middle of the pack.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am Fine i will say it, the Bruins getting bounced from the playoffs early sure slows down the amount of posts on this site. So will the Bruins pull off a great rebuild this off season or will the slide back to the middle of the pack.
MI in a much better position. :lol:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:51 am
Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am Fine i will say it, the Bruins getting bounced from the playoffs early sure slows down the amount of posts on this site. So will the Bruins pull off a great rebuild this off season or will the slide back to the middle of the pack.
where's mango?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:51 am
where's mango?
vaaaaaa k