2012 GTHL AA West

Re: 2012 GTHL AA West

Post by Guest »

the beast have three to four kids who can play AAA if they wanted to.

Post by Guest »

Best coach in the division?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:47 pm the beast have three to four kids who can play AAA if they wanted to.
On the bottom two teams. One of the forwards could go to a mid pack team for sure. A real firecracker. If you put the kids with the aaa kids the gap is pretty big. They look stronger because of where they are. Some good kids though. Who really cares at this age anyways.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:15 am
Guest wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:47 pm the beast have three to four kids who can play AAA if they wanted to.
On the bottom two teams. One of the forwards could go to a mid pack team for sure. A real firecracker. If you put the kids with the aaa kids the gap is pretty big. They look stronger because of where they are. Some good kids though. Who really cares at this age anyways.
There are no AA players that can keep up with aaa kids. They could play but would be a 7-9 foward on mid back to bottom teams. There are also lots of kids in aaa that should not be there and would not be top aa kids. Not that they won’t ever make the jump but it only gets harder and harder to make the jump. Space and time reduced significantly and the aggressiveness of aaa very different.

Post by Guest »

Agreed.
Just because you have a winning team doesn’t mean it’s a AAA calibre team/players. A lot of parents think the kids are AAA but the gap is big.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:13 am
There are no AA players that can keep up with aaa kids. They could play but would be a 7-9 foward on mid back to bottom teams. There are also lots of kids in aaa that should not be there and would not be top aa kids. Not that they won’t ever make the jump but it only gets harder and harder to make the jump. Space and time reduced significantly and the aggressiveness of aaa very different.
There are 100% kids playing AA that can play AAA. They won’t be top end AAA players but they will survive. There are kids that played on bottom end AA teams this year that made AAA teams. And there are kids that played AAA last year that are dropping down to AA and won’t even be the best kid on the team.

Post by Guest »

This is accurate. Kids all over and it all changes.
At this age if your AA or AAA and want to go as competitive as you can just focus on producing an excellent skater and an athlete. Pick a team where you get good ice time. The rest will take care of itself.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:08 pm
There are 100% kids playing AA that can play AAA. They won’t be top end AAA players but they will survive. There are kids that played on bottom end AA teams this year that made AAA teams. And there are kids that played AAA last year that are dropping down to AA and won’t even be the best kid on the team.
So you’re disagreeing but repeating what I said. I can tell you all the aa kids that made the jump will ride the pines which is unfortunate but parents chasing the dream

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:05 pm
So you’re disagreeing but repeating what I said. I can tell you all the aa kids that made the jump will ride the pines which is unfortunate but parents chasing the dream
You’re right, my comment basically just repeated what you said. I agree with everything you wrote.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:52 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:05 pm
You’re right, my comment basically just repeated what you said. I agree with everything you wrote.
Well nice to meet you and thank you!