Re: 2012 GTHL AA West

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:57 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:52 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:05 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:08 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:13 am
Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:15 am

On the bottom two teams. One of the forwards could go to a mid pack team for sure. A real firecracker. If you put the kids with the aaa kids the gap is pretty big. They look stronger because of where they are. Some good kids though. Who really cares at this age anyways.
There are no AA players that can keep up with aaa kids. They could play but would be a 7-9 foward on mid back to bottom teams. There are also lots of kids in aaa that should not be there and would not be top aa kids. Not that they won’t ever make the jump but it only gets harder and harder to make the jump. Space and time reduced significantly and the aggressiveness of aaa very different.
There are 100% kids playing AA that can play AAA. They won’t be top end AAA players but they will survive. There are kids that played on bottom end AA teams this year that made AAA teams. And there are kids that played AAA last year that are dropping down to AA and won’t even be the best kid on the team.
So you’re disagreeing but repeating what I said. I can tell you all the aa kids that made the jump will ride the pines which is unfortunate but parents chasing the dream
You’re right, my comment basically just repeated what you said. I agree with everything you wrote.
Well nice to meet you and thank you!
Disagree. There are kids misplaced in every division. Some kids playing AA are better than done AAA. You might even get a A player who should be playing AAA, but maybe for financial reasons or otherwise, they don’t. The opposite is true also - many AAA players that are there only because daddy or mommy have lots of sponsorship money. Never presume that kids are playing in the correct division. There are a number of AA kids that can certainly play in the AAA loop.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:47 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:13 am

There are no AA players that can keep up with aaa kids. They could play but would be a 7-9 foward on mid back to bottom teams. There are also lots of kids in aaa that should not be there and would not be top aa kids. Not that they won’t ever make the jump but it only gets harder and harder to make the jump. Space and time reduced significantly and the aggressiveness of aaa very different.
There are 100% kids playing AA that can play AAA. They won’t be top end AAA players but they will survive. There are kids that played on bottom end AA teams this year that made AAA teams. And there are kids that played AAA last year that are dropping down to AA and won’t even be the best kid on the team.
So you’re disagreeing but repeating what I said. I can tell you all the aa kids that made the jump will ride the pines which is unfortunate but parents chasing the dream
You’re right, my comment basically just repeated what you said. I agree with everything you wrote.
Disagree. There are kids misplaced in every division. Some kids playing AA are better than done AAA. You might even get a A player who should be playing AAA, but maybe for financial reasons or otherwise, they don’t. The opposite is true also - many AAA players that are there only because daddy or mommy have lots of sponsorship money. Never presume that kids are playing in the correct division. There are a number of AA kids that can certainly play in the AAA loop.
Also, the team doesn’t matter. Bottom end teams might have fantastic players, but can’t do too much because they lack support on their bottom end team. Top end teams might have mediocre players that don’t look as bad because other players around them are better.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:50 pm

Also, the team doesn’t matter. Bottom end teams might have fantastic players, but can’t do too much because they lack support on their bottom end team. Top end teams might have mediocre players that don’t look as bad because other players around them are better.

Nailed it good point

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:55 pm

Nailed it good point
Wrong. I don’t disagree that there are kids in aaa that are not as good as aa players. But this group of misplace ent are not game changers in aaa. There are no aa or a players that would be top players on any team in aaa. Bottom end teams if they have an excellent aaa player will make a difference and be noticeable. Sorry!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:12 am

Nailed it good point
Wrong. I don’t disagree that there are kids in aaa that are not as good as aa players. But this group of misplace ent are not game changers in aaa. There are no aa or a players that would be top players on any team in aaa. Bottom end teams if they have an excellent aaa player will make a difference and be noticeable. Sorry!
This is accurate. There are no current AA players in the west loop that would be strong AAA players. The current AA might look strong in their loop or team but throw them into a AAA and they won’t get the ice time or be noticed. That’s a hard change for parents in the AA loop who are used to winning and lots of ice time.

Post by Guest »

Why would I take my kid out of a top 4 AA team where he gets a ton of development and ice time to move to AAA bottom feeder? My kid will develop and be a strong AAA by U14

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:02 am
Guest wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:12 am

Nailed it good point
This is accurate. There are no current AA players in the west loop that would be strong AAA players. The current AA might look strong in their loop or team but throw them into a AAA and they won’t get the ice time or be noticed. That’s a hard change for parents in the AA loop who are used to winning and lots of ice time.
Disagree entirely. I think you are forgetting how old these kids are. Current really strong players may disappear in the next two years, while other “weaker” players might excel and pass these previous stronger players. There are absolutely kids in the AA loop that can easily play at the AAA level. They might not start at the top, but they can certainly make their way up there. Sounds like your AA player is weak.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:38 am Why would I take my kid out of a top 4 AA team where he gets a ton of development and ice time to move to AAA bottom feeder? My kid will develop and be a strong AAA by U14
Depends how you look at it. Is your kid really developing where their help is not needed! Maybe put your child in a challenging situation to see if they can grow - unless of course your child can’t make it to a AAA team.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:44 am
Guest wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:38 am Why would I take my kid out of a top 4 AA team where he gets a ton of development and ice time to move to AAA bottom feeder? My kid will develop and be a strong AAA by U14
Depends how you look at it. Is your kid really developing where their help is not needed! Maybe put your child in a challenging situation to see if they can grow - unless of course your child can’t make it to a AAA team.
Good luck getting your kid into AAA at 14. Lol

Post by Guest »

That’s one thing I don’t understand. Isn’t development better at aaa? Lots of parents saying it’s better at aa and then they walk into aaa. I would think it’s harder to get in as the aaa kids just all seem to move around to other teams.