2012 GTHL 'A' DIVISION

Re: 2012 GTHL 'A' DIVISION

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:24 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:36 pm NYK are a toxic group of kids and parents, truly. The coaches did nothing but encourage and laugh all season long. The way the kids acted after the final game sums up their actions.
Couldn't agree more, played the knights various times during the regular season and watched them in the playoffs, particularly in the finals. So many boarding attempts and one with a vicious slash to the head of one of the Avs players and constantly taughted the other team's goalie. This is the brand of hockey you be accustomed to playing with the Knights.

Hopefully the coaches and players smarten up next year.
Have you ever seen an 11 year old lacrosse game? There's nothing vicious about 11 year old single A non-contact hockey. If rep hockey is too rough for your kid then try basketball, or maybe tennis, where players aren't allowed to touch each other. :lol:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:03 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:12 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:56 am The fact you are giving 11 year old kids a pass on throwing their medals in the garbage says everything. You do you buddy
Agree...those types of excuses are reflective of terrible parenting. 5 years from now, some of those kids will be tearing the family apart and the parents will be looking for someone to blame.
This forum is exactly what is wrong with hockey. It’s almost as bad as the Av’s parent yelling and screaming at the 8 year old boy during the game Friday night. Friday night was a despicable display of parents setting the wrong example. You don’t see that stuff on live barn, nor do you hear the threats that are made to game officials. 11 year old hockey. The parents are the ones that need to grow up.
If this forum is what's wrong with hockey...then why are you here?

Who gives a fck about how other kids or parents behave??? The only people you can hold to behavioural expectations are you and your kid. If you're grooming your kid to be overly sensitive (like you) and he's not able to shrug-off a bunch of idiot parents or tune out a kid with a shitty attitude and a big mouth, then you're doing a lousy job as his parent.

Post by Guest »

Lots of receipts being kept I see lol..

Nobody didn’t take a medal home. You are damn straight that’s not ok, you’re all right, and you get a teachable moment from that as a parent that was taken as needed.

They’ll be tearing apart families lol.. oh my god my dude, for real, I got no words. Take a deep breath. Wild.

I wish everyone here the best of luck next season. Until we hit U16 AAA for the O draft we are here for fun lol.. and I do mean that. Be cool all, we’re all good people and they are all good kids.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:29 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:56 am The fact you are giving 11 year old kids a pass on throwing their medals in the garbage says everything. You do you buddy
Agree...those types of excuses are reflective of terrible parenting. 5 years from now, some of those kids will be tearing the family apart and the parents will be looking for someone to blame.
This forum is exactly what is wrong with hockey. It’s almost as bad as the Av’s parent yelling and screaming at the 8 year old boy during the game Friday night. Friday night was a despicable display of parents setting the wrong example. You don’t see that stuff on live barn, nor do you hear the threats that are made to game officials. 11 year old hockey. The parents are the ones that need to grow up.

Who gives a fck about how other kids or parents behave??? The only people you can hold to behavioural expectations are you and your kid. If you're grooming your kid to be overly sensitive (like you) and he's not able to shrug-off a bunch of idiot parents or tune out a kid with a shitty attitude and a big mouth, then you're doing a lousy job as his parent.
Actually 100%. Can only do our own kids, can only do our best. 100% parent isn’t even always enough, it’s a tough gig.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:25 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:36 pm NYK are a toxic group of kids and parents, truly. The coaches did nothing but encourage and laugh all season long. The way the kids acted after the final game sums up their actions.
Couldn't agree more, played the knights various times during the regular season and watched them in the playoffs, particularly in the finals. So many boarding attempts and one with a vicious slash to the head of one of the Avs players and constantly taunted the other team's goalie. This is the brand of hockey you should be accustomed to playing with the Knights.

I remember when a Knights parent came on here and accused the Aeros of playing dirty. What a laugh that was.

NYK are filth.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:17 am Lots of receipts being kept I see lol..

Nobody didn’t take a medal home. You are damn straight that’s not ok, you’re all right, and you get a teachable moment from that as a parent that was taken as needed.

They’ll be tearing apart families lol.. oh my god my dude, for real, I got no words. Take a deep breath. Wild.

I wish everyone here the best of luck next season. Until we hit U16 AAA for the O draft we are here for fun lol.. and I do mean that. Be cool all, we’re all good people and they are all good kids.
Yup lots of teachable moments in hockey, however not all parents see it that way. A good example is the parent who justified an 11 year old throwing a tantrum, in front of everyone in the rink, while wearing his team jersey. How many parents have called a coach, making up excuses for why their kid deserves more minutes or better line mates. If you don’t realize this, then you are either naive or stuck in a pattern of justifying your kids bad behaviour.

And yeah if people can’t break the cycle of making excuses for their kids bad behaviour and they have a kid who makes some really bad decisions in their teens, there will be heavy strain on the family nucleolus.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:29 am
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:29 am

Actually 100%. Can only do our own kids, can only do our best. 100% parent isn’t even always enough, it’s a tough gig.
If you should only care about you and your own kid behave- then stop trashing other kids who aren’t your own… you literally dismissed your original point.

Post by Guest »

THIS ISNT A SPORT FOR WHITES ONLY YOU KNOW!

Post by Guest »

At what age should I get my kid an agent?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:19 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:24 pm
Couldn't agree more, played the knights various times during the regular season and watched them in the playoffs, particularly in the finals. So many boarding attempts and one with a vicious slash to the head of one of the Avs players and constantly taughted the other team's goalie. This is the brand of hockey you be accustomed to playing with the Knights.

Have you ever seen an 11 year old lacrosse game? There's nothing vicious about 11 year old single A non-contact hockey. If rep hockey is too rough for your kid then try basketball, or maybe tennis, where players aren't allowed to touch each other. :lol:
With respect, if it was your kid that got the slash to the head I'd bet you'd be screaming for blood. Particularly since you seem to condone this type of hooliganism. Perhaps you should focus on improving your kid's overall behaviour instead of insulting kids who don't feel its necessary to play dirty. Although I don't have a horse in this race, I can say for certain, I'm sure glad your team lost.