2008 GTHL AAA

All Team and Association topics here

Re: 2008 GTHL AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:30 am Major black eye for the NATS organization with zero draft picks.
Major black eye for the OHL and how they DO BUSINESS ($$$). So many kids left behind because mom and dad didn’t fill an envelope and believed in the way of merit and hard work just like the OHL says it is. It’s not. For any younger parents reading this, hard work, extra training, hitting the gym and being a team first player is not the way to get your name called this draft was blatantly obvious of that. You wanna get drafted, step on everyone in front of you, backstab everyone around you, fill the pockets of the right people and do not have morals, a conscience or a heart. It’s absolutely disgusting.
Yes my kid was passed up on. Am I upset, yes. Is he, no. He’s mad and now has something to prove and he and many of these kids will prove that they were deserving of recognition because of all the work and sacrifices they put in.
Karma will have her way and karma is on our side this time.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:59 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:30 am Major black eye for the NATS organization with zero draft picks.
Major black eye for the OHL and how they DO BUSINESS ($$$). So many kids left behind because mom and dad didn’t fill an envelope and believed in the way of merit and hard work just like the OHL says it is. It’s not. For any younger parents reading this, hard work, extra training, hitting the gym and being a team first player is not the way to get your name called this draft was blatantly obvious of that. You wanna get drafted, step on everyone in front of you, backstab everyone around you, fill the pockets of the right people and do not have morals, a conscience or a heart. It’s absolutely disgusting.
Yes my kid was passed up on. Am I upset, yes. Is he, no. He’s mad and now has something to prove and he and many of these kids will prove that they were deserving of recognition because of all the work and sacrifices they put in.
I completely agree with you. I've not watched other years but this year it was definitely not a "work hard, behave right, play well" and you'll be drafted. This was a debacle and dozens of those picks make absolutely no sense. I do feel many one offs were due to OHL Cup where a kid had 1 good game which is too bad for the consistent kid who had a great season but wasn't at OHL Cup. I guess that is hockey and politics....I am not sure why I am so surprised?

Post by Guest »

GTHL Draft stats

North York Rangers 16 Players Drafted
Vaughan Kings 13 Player Drafted
Toronto Marlboros 13 Players Drafted
Toronto Junior Canadians 10 players Drafted
Mississauga Rebels 9 players Drafted
Markham Majors 6 players Drafted
Mississauga Sens 3 players Drafted
Don mills Flyers 2 players Drafted
Toronto Titans 2 players Drafted
Mississauga Reps 2 players Drafted
Toronto Redwings 1 player Drafted
Toronto Nationals 0
Thunder Bay Kings 0

Congrats to everyone taken, and to those who were not, this isn’t the end. Keep putting in the work!

The year is officially over, good luck to everyone on the journeys .

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:14 am GTHL Draft stats

Toronto Nationals 0
Thunder Bay Kings 0

Congrats to everyone taken, and to those who were not, this isn’t the end. Keep putting in the work!

90% JW clients. He’s rolling in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. I say he made close to $400,000 this weekend.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:32 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:29 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:19 pm Surprised to see that Erie Otters trainer didn't get his son on the team.
Next season after he plays 1 year of the Sens/Blades
If anyone is surprised it's him. We did his skates and he was pretty firm that if kid didn't go somewhere else, he had an IN at Erie. I guess something happened.
Is he a scout for Erie Otters?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:32 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:14 am GTHL Draft stats

Toronto Nationals 0
Thunder Bay Kings 0

90% JW clients. He’s rolling in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. I say he made close to $400,000 this weekend.
100%. He got them drafted and now a new contract is to be made and signed to get them drafted to the show if they make it that far. If you thought this ride was expensive, you got another thing coming for the next one. Enjoy! I wonder if they spend as much time and money with the siblings that aren’t involved in hockey. I highly doubt it. Anyways, good luck to all, hopefully no one drives your boys, head first into the boards or blow their knee out.
Peace!!!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:43 am
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:19 pm Surprised to see that Erie Otters trainer didn't get his son on the team.
If anyone is surprised it's him. We did his skates and he was pretty firm that if kid didn't go somewhere else, he had an IN at Erie. I guess something happened.
Player development assistant director

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:49 am
I talked to the Bro at the Titans tourney and he was definitely scouting for Erie Otters. I thought his kid was a no-brainer been a scout and all.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:59 am
I didn’t pay a dime my kid went fairly high. I think you’re missing the point, there will always be the favours that are called in and that’s the OHL teams prerogative as it’s their for-profit business which is often time all built on relationships. Life isn’t fair pal and if you don’t teach your kid that now he’s in big trouble. Clearly your kid didn’t do enough or isn’t there but doesn’t mean it’s the end of the road just means more work to do.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:29 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:49 am
I talked to the Bro at the Titans tourney and he was definitely scouting for Erie Otters. I thought his kid was a no-brainer been a scout and all.
Erie let all their scouts go so could be something to do with that??