All Team and Association topics here

Re: 2008 GTHL AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:13 am
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:27 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:50 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:05 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:59 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:30 am Major black eye for the NATS organization with zero draft picks.
Major black eye for the OHL and how they DO BUSINESS ($$$). So many kids left behind because mom and dad didn’t fill an envelope and believed in the way of merit and hard work just like the OHL says it is. It’s not. For any younger parents reading this, hard work, extra training, hitting the gym and being a team first player is not the way to get your name called this draft was blatantly obvious of that. You wanna get drafted, step on everyone in front of you, backstab everyone around you, fill the pockets of the right people and do not have morals, a conscience or a heart. It’s absolutely disgusting.
Yes my kid was passed up on. Am I upset, yes. Is he, no. He’s mad and now has something to prove and he and many of these kids will prove that they were deserving of recognition because of all the work and sacrifices they put in.
Karma will have her way and karma is on our side this time.
I didn’t pay a dime my kid went fairly high. I think you’re missing the point, there will always be the favours that are called in and that’s the OHL teams prerogative as it’s their for-profit business which is often time all built on relationships. Life isn’t fair pal and if you don’t teach your kid that now he’s in big trouble. Clearly your kid didn’t do enough or isn’t there but doesn’t mean it’s the end of the road just means more work to do.
Good for you. Hope he plays in the show but don’t tell me mine didn’t do enough. Don’t tell me what to teach my kid. Reason is because I didn't lick balls like you did. You paid with your reputation. I bet it’s completely ruined.
When my kid is on the ice, people notice him other than dad and mom. You are crying because a kid like JW got pick in the 14th round. Is it a joke? Yes, but there were at least 250 legit picks on merit. Let’s say 50 picks were bought/ favours. Your kid is not a top 250 player, so get to work dad and stop being the victim!
Only 50 picks were bought/favors? You know nothing.
More like 100-150 picks

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:27 am
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:22 am
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:05 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:25 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:10 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:03 pm BW has bust written all over him. Arrogant , selfish player.
What? Nooo waaayyy. fcuk sakes…
Best kid in the draft. Steal for Niagara. Bring your own ketchup to go with those cheeseburgers.
I have been watching this circus for 9+ years all the losers venting on here keyboard Cowboys blah blah blah. Say what you all want but for the love of God STOP TALKING ABOUT CHILDREN.
JUST STOP. THERE ARE MANY MANY MANY PEOPLE I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE INTO A DRESSING ROOM CLOSE THE DOOR and we'll you all know where this is going.
But STOP TALKING ABOUT CHILDREN whoever you are Man Woman somewhere in between cat dog whatever you identify as if you read this post and continue to speak about CHILDREN on a anonymous posting board you no better then a low life piece of garbage Not allowed. And as God is my witness if ever catch wind of who this/these people are it won't end well.

SO EVERYONE KEEP POSTING KEEP DISCUSSING KEEP DEBATING.

BUT STOP TALKING ABOUT CHILDREN.
Name a dressing room. Any rink, anytime. Put your money where your mouth is. Go ahead. You won’t do shit
I think you are best suited for Sunday morning mass anywhere
Perfect. Name a church and I’ll deliver you to Jesus

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:31 amI disagree. There are kids taken on size alone. You won’t know if it’s a bad pick until years down the road. There are a couple high skilled kids that we all think should’ve went that didn’t and we won’t know if that’s a mistake until a couple years down the road. People need to get their kids on a good u18 squad and keep getting better. I’m suprised more kids from the G didn’t go. I think parents and teams were too busy trashing one and other and the result was it eroded the quality of the league.
A lot of the G players, even ones who were drafted high, are opting for prep school or BCHL, and not reporting to camp. It's why so many who were supposed to go high went later than expected and why so many who you would think would have been drafted didn't get picked up at all.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:52 am
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:31 amI disagree. There are kids taken on size alone. You won’t know if it’s a bad pick until years down the road. There are a couple high skilled kids that we all think should’ve went that didn’t and we won’t know if that’s a mistake until a couple years down the road. People need to get their kids on a good u18 squad and keep getting better. I’m suprised more kids from the G didn’t go. I think parents and teams were too busy trashing one and other and the result was it eroded the quality of the league.
A lot of the G players, even ones who were drafted high, are opting for prep school or BCHL, and not reporting to camp. It's why so many who were supposed to go high went later than expected and why so many who you would think would have been drafted didn't get picked up at all.
Being drafted doesn't prevent them doing that.

Post by Guest »

Wow how can you say BW is arrogant and selfish. Did you listen to his interview he thanked God first, then his parents. For a kid who is that talented, he never acts arrogant or disrespectful. The boy is also exceptionally smart and has terrific school grades.So buddy get your head out of you ass. These are kids, let them play hockey and enjoy the experience. Eventually everyone will wind up at the level they are able to play at.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:55 am Wow how can you say BW is arrogant and selfish. Did you listen to his interview he thanked God first, then his parents. For a kid who is that talented, he never acts arrogant or disrespectful. The boy is also exceptionally smart and has terrific school grades.So buddy get your head out of you ass. These are kids, let them play hockey and enjoy the experience. Eventually everyone will wind up at the level they are able to play at.
He dragged some baggage with him in net in the draft. You are who you surround yourself with. #fact

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:33 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:30 am Major black eye for the NATS organization with zero draft picks.
Major black eye for the OHL and how they DO BUSINESS ($$$). So many kids left behind because mom and dad didn’t fill an envelope and believed in the way of merit and hard work just like the OHL says it is. It’s not. For any younger parents reading this, hard work, extra training, hitting the gym and being a team first player is not the way to get your name called this draft was blatantly obvious of that. You wanna get drafted, step on everyone in front of you, backstab everyone around you, fill the pockets of the right people and do not have morals, a conscience or a heart. It’s absolutely disgusting.
Yes my kid was passed up on. Am I upset, yes. Is he, no. He’s mad and now has something to prove and he and many of these kids will prove that they were deserving of recognition because of all the work and sacrifices they put in.
I didn’t pay a dime my kid went fairly high. I think you’re missing the point, there will always be the favours that are called in and that’s the OHL teams prerogative as it’s their for-profit business which is often time all built on relationships. Life isn’t fair pal and if you don’t teach your kid that now he’s in big trouble. Clearly your kid didn’t do enough or isn’t there but doesn’t mean it’s the end of the road just means more work to do.
Good for you. Hope he plays in the show but don’t tell me mine didn’t do enough. Don’t tell me what to teach my kid. Reason is because I didn't lick balls like you did. You paid with your reputation. I bet it’s completely ruined.
When my kid is on the ice, people notice him other than dad and mom. You are crying because a kid like JW got pick in the 14th round. Is it a joke? Yes, but there were at least 250 legit picks on merit. Let’s say 50 picks were bought/ favours. Your kid is not a top 250 player, so get to work dad and stop being the victim!
Top 100 and that's pushing it. But whatever makes you feel good.
The next 150 will not step foot on OHL ice other than the first meet and greet!
Hopefully your kid has a u18 spot..lol
I know many players that were late round picks that never gave up and played in the OHL for a few years.

This is just those stupid mother fxcking DMF parents who’s kids were so bad not just on the ice but off the ice and there whole family!!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:10 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:07 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:29 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:49 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:43 am
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:32 pm

If anyone is surprised it's him. We did his skates and he was pretty firm that if kid didn't go somewhere else, he had an IN at Erie. I guess something happened.
Is he a scout for Erie Otters?
Player development assistant director
I talked to the Bro at the Titans tourney and he was definitely scouting for Erie Otters. I thought his kid was a no-brainer been a scout and all.
Erie let all their scouts go so could be something to do with that??
He's not a scout. He's head of Player Development. It says right on all his e-mails.
Whatever he is, he didn't have the clout to get his kid drafted to Erie. Jacob Johnson got the final draft. Good for the kid.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:00 pm

I know many players that were late round picks that never gave up and played in the OHL for a few years.

This is just those stupid mother fxcking DMF parents who’s kids were so bad not just on the ice but off the ice and there whole family!!
Calm down GUEST.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:00 pm

The sheer lack of education in this short paragraph is epic. Go have another drink.