Re: 2012 GTHL EAST AA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:47 am
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:53 am
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:20 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:17 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:19 am
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:33 pm

On the other hand. Who will be the bottom teams?
The usual suspects.

DMM
EE
NYK
FH
DMM no more
Heard NYK will be a better team
😂. That guy's idea of "development" of 11 y/o is to cut 3/4 of the team he hand picked last year and replace them with other kids. Not to mention giving some kids spots then reneging at the 11th hour. He's burning bridges left, right and centre in the 2012 loop. Appears he can't be trusted! Buyer be ware....YOU could be next!
It was more like 1/2 the team and I heard he decommitted a returning kid too. Harsh. No loyalty over there.
Smells like multiple parent cuts had to be made. What do you expect when 3/4 your team are A players playing AA. Not sure he hand picked players … more like what parents wanted to put there kid on a 2-28-2 hockey team? I sure wouldn’t unless I absolutely had no other choice and even at that i’d rather have my kid play A. Some AA organization have strict rules about decomitting players. Coaches only have organization support to decommit if it is a parent cut.
Why are there so many parent cuts? I’ve witnessed so many kids getting cut just because their parent questioned one coaching decision or spoke up about one concern they had. I know some parents can get out of control and their behaviour is poor all season but those are not the examples I’m referring to. The paid coaches getting $10000 or more from THE PARENTS should be open to amicably discussing concerns with the ones who are funding their business.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:07 pm

The usual suspects.

DMM
EE
NYK
FH
DMM no more
😂. That guy's idea of "development" of 11 y/o is to cut 3/4 of the team he hand picked last year and replace them with other kids. Not to mention giving some kids spots then reneging at the 11th hour. He's burning bridges left, right and centre in the 2012 loop. Appears he can't be trusted! Buyer be ware....YOU could be next!
It was more like 1/2 the team and I heard he decommitted a returning kid too. Harsh. No loyalty over there.
Smells like multiple parent cuts had to be made. What do you expect when 3/4 your team are A players playing AA. Not sure he hand picked players … more like what parents wanted to put there kid on a 2-28-2 hockey team? I sure wouldn’t unless I absolutely had no other choice and even at that i’d rather have my kid play A. Some AA organization have strict rules about decomitting players. Coaches only have organization support to decommit if it is a parent cut.
Why are there so many parent cuts? I’ve witnessed so many kids getting cut just because their parent questioned one coaching decision or spoke up about one concern they had. I know some parents can get out of control and their behaviour is poor all season but those are not the examples I’m referring to. The paid coaches getting $10000 or more from THE PARENTS should be open to amicably discussing concerns with the ones who are funding their business.
Obviously some bad blood here. End of the day some advice from a AAA parent… you have judge your own kids development and decide if they improved your kid or not. Interesting that a team of majority A players improved as much as they did to be SOMEWHAT competitive at the AA level. By the sounds of it this team should of have folded last season. Maybe the Reps, Majors or Titans should do the same if it helps them become competitive. I see lots of AA players at skates when I bring my own kid. Some good players especially on SYB TR & LF.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:07 pm

The usual suspects.

DMM
EE
NYK
FH
DMM no more
Ok parent cut.

Post by Guest »

DMM no more
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Obviously some bad blood here. End of the day some advice from a AAA parent… you have judge your own kids development and decide if they improved your kid or not. Interesting that a team of majority A players improved as much as they did to be SOMEWHAT competitive at the AA level. By the sounds of it this team should of have folded last season. Maybe the Reps, Majors or Titans should do the same if it helps them become competitive. I see lots of AA players at skates when I bring my own kid. Some good players especially on SYB TR & LF.
[/quote]

Thanks for the advise AAA parent. Why are you here anyways???

Post by Guest »

If you were a AAA player you would know that the top AA team doesn’t beat the bottom AAA team very often.
The jump is big. The NYK players played hard but didn’t get a kick better. The coaches spent the entire season chasing players and not developing their own. They went and got a bunch of individual small kids that won’t pass all
Season. They will get steam rolled by the top 6 teams who all brought in much better players.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am If you were a AAA player you would know that the top AA team doesn’t beat the bottom AAA team very often.
The jump is big.
Obviously, the Toronto Titans' parents agreed with you. From U10 AAA -U12 AAA their record is 1-89-4.
If my kid has been playing on this team since U10 then I'm friggin' delusional. at least $50K spent last 3 years and most likely will need $50K-$100K more for child psychology sessions, due to the damage I have caused to my child.
The kicker is, that they will have a team next year and no shortage of delusional parents waiting to sign up.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am If you were a AAA player you would know that the top AA team doesn’t beat the bottom AAA team very often.
The jump is big.
Obviously, the Toronto Titans' parents agreed with you. From U10 AAA -U12 AAA their record is 1-89-4.
If my kid has been playing on this team since U10 then I'm friggin' delusional. at least $50K spent last 3 years and most likely will need $50K-$100K more for child psychology sessions, due to the damage I have caused to my child.
The kicker is, that they will have a team next year and no shortage of delusional parents waiting to sign up.
Same should be said about playing on the bottom AA teams… NT & EE looking set to become the Titans & Reps of AA.

So should those kids all go down to A? Of course not, they are way better than most A kids.

Post by Guest »

The jump is big. The NYK players played hard but didn’t get a kick better. The coaches spent the entire season chasing players and not developing their own. They went and got a bunch of individual small kids that won’t pass all
Season. They will get steam rolled by the top 6 teams who all brought in much better players.
2/3 of the team was playing A hockey in U11. The group earned 10 wins, those players didn’t get better ?

Post by Guest »

Maybe those teams don’t really care about winning so let them be.
Everybody knows that politics play a huge role on teams. When a player is not strong a lot of the time the parent is involved with the team as something to offset the weakness. Sponsorships, manager, events. Whatever it may be. It’s like that at all levels of hockey.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am
The jump is big.
Same should be said about playing on the bottom AA teams… NT & EE looking set to become the Titans & Reps of AA.

So should those kids all go down to A? Of course not, they are way better than most A kids.
East Enders maybe. Who knows what happened over at NT land this year.