2012 GTHL EAST AA

Re: 2012 GTHL EAST AA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am If you were a AAA player you would know that the top AA team doesn’t beat the bottom AAA team very often.
The jump is big. The NYK players played hard but didn’t get a kick better. The coaches spent the entire season chasing players and not developing their own. They went and got a bunch of individual small kids that won’t pass all
Season. They will get steam rolled by the top 6 teams who all brought in much better players.
2/3 of the team was playing A hockey in U11. The group earned 10 wins, those players didn’t get better ?
Not one bit. The knights had 7 wins in U10 & 2 wins in U11 and did not improved at all. What’s 10 wins in U12? Need seasoned coaching.

NT had 21 wins in U10 & 25 wins in U11 + made G finals and than had 17 wins in U12 + a first round playoff exit.. made minimal player changes + coaching change in U12. They are the gold standard. Nothing happened there this season. Was a phenomenal year of development. Will win it all next season!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am If you were a AAA player you would know that the top AA team doesn’t beat the bottom AAA team very often.
The jump is big.
Obviously, the Toronto Titans' parents agreed with you. From U10 AAA -U12 AAA their record is 1-89-4.
If my kid has been playing on this team since U10 then I'm friggin' delusional. at least $50K spent last 3 years and most likely will need $50K-$100K more for child psychology sessions, due to the damage I have caused to my child.
The kicker is, that they will have a team next year and no shortage of delusional parents waiting to sign up.
Same should be said about playing on the bottom AA teams… NT & EE looking set to become the Titans & Reps of AA.

So should those kids all go down to A? Of course not, they are way better than most A kids.
East Enders maybe. Who knows what happened over at NT land this year.
EE is in a world of trouble for next season. They would finish mid pack at A.

They should have dropped to A along with DMM. Their roster for next year wouldnt even crack top 4 at A.

DMM has dropped down (and yes they likely lost players for next year) but that wont translate into a better season. They will likely finish ahead of the 2 new alternate teams, the Aeros, and the rumoured West Hill team. 8th in a 12 team division or 7th in an 11 team division.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am
The jump is big.
Obviously, the Toronto Titans' parents agreed with you. From U10 AAA -U12 AAA their record is 1-89-4.
If my kid has been playing on this team since U10 then I'm friggin' delusional. at least $50K spent last 3 years and most likely will need $50K-$100K more for child psychology sessions, due to the damage I have caused to my child.
The kicker is, that they will have a team next year and no shortage of delusional parents waiting to sign up.
Same should be said about playing on the bottom AA teams… NT & EE looking set to become the Titans & Reps of AA.

So should those kids all go down to A? Of course not, they are way better than most A kids.
East Enders maybe. Who knows what happened over at NT land this year.
EE is in a world of trouble for next season. They would finish mid pack at A.

They should have dropped to A along with DMM. Their roster for next year wouldnt even crack top 4 at A.

DMM has dropped down (and yes they likely lost players for next year) but that wont translate into a better season. They will likely finish ahead of the 2 new alternate teams, the Aeros, and the rumoured West Hill team. 8th in a 12 team division or 7th in an 11 team division.
Never understand comments like this. Who cares where EE finish next year. If its not them in last place it will probably be your kids team. Is that what you are hoping? Does your kid not enjoy a game or 2 where they score alot of goals? Will your child not make the NHL because 4 games a year they play a weaker team because i know my kid enjoys playing these teams as much as the top ones. As long as they are enjoying themselves who cares. We will take our 2 points and move onto the next one. Just make sure you dont lose to them otherwise people will be calling for your kid to head to a mid pack single A team

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm
The jump is big. The NYK players played hard but didn’t get a kick better. The coaches spent the entire season chasing players and not developing their own. They went and got a bunch of individual small kids that won’t pass all
Season. They will get steam rolled by the top 6 teams who all brought in much better players.
2/3 of the team was playing A hockey in U11. The group earned 10 wins, those players didn’t get better ?
Not one bit. The knights had 7 wins in U10 & 2 wins in U11 and did not improved at all. What’s 10 wins in U12? Need seasoned coaching.

NT had 21 wins in U10 & 25 wins in U11 + made G finals and than had 17 wins in U12 + a first round playoff exit.. made minimal player changes + coaching change in U12. They are the gold standard. Nothing happened there this season. Was a phenomenal year of development. Will win it all next season!
The great development in U10 & U11 were reversed by coaching change in U12 where NT won 30% fewer games. Assuming coach is the same, when that pattern repeats next season will be 11 wins.

NT skates were underwhelming with no obvious talent. Major skill gap compared to actual AA skates.

Post by Guest »

Quiet thread. Teams all set for the season?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:03 am Quiet thread. Teams all set for the season?
Season is not until few months but I guess teams are all set.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:20 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:17 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:19 am
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:33 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:34 pm NT is old news…
Who will be the power houses next year?
On the other hand. Who will be the bottom teams?
The usual suspects.

DMM
EE
NYK
FH
DMM no more
Heard NYK will be a better team
😂. That guy's idea of "development" of 11 y/o is to cut 3/4 of the team he hand picked last year and replace them with other kids. Not to mention giving some kids spots then reneging at the 11th hour. He's burning bridges left, right and centre in the 2012 loop. Appears he can't be trusted! Buyer be ware....YOU could be next!
Ok there NYK parent cut. 😂

Post by Guest »

All those young guns are the same. Zero development.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:34 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:03 am Quiet thread. Teams all set for the season?
Season is not until few months but I guess teams are all set.
Season doesn't start for another six months.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:44 am
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:20 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:17 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:19 am
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:33 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:34 pm NT is old news…
Who will be the power houses next year?
On the other hand. Who will be the bottom teams?
The usual suspects.

DMM
EE
NYK
FH
DMM no more
Heard NYK will be a better team
😂. That guy's idea of "development" of 11 y/o is to cut 3/4 of the team he hand picked last year and replace them with other kids. Not to mention giving some kids spots then reneging at the 11th hour. He's burning bridges left, right and centre in the 2012 loop. Appears he can't be trusted! Buyer be ware....YOU could be next!
Ok there NYK parent cut. 😂
So what if the OP is a parent cut, maybe he is, maybe he isn’t. At least he has something constructive to add to this thread instead of just being patronizing. His comment isn’t the first calling out the NYK coaches’ lack of commitment to their players, among other complaints. I’d rather hear feedback from parents who have experienced or witnessed the more unsavoury sides of the coaching staff than from those parents who have the wool pulled over their eyes.