Re: Ajax Knights (AMHA) or Ajax Pickering Raiders

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:21 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:10 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:47 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:13 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:44 am
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:43 am

It's been posted on the website for a while now, not allowed Wong is the U10 AAA but that is 2015 birth year. 2019 is U9, which is still MD.
Wong is the coach for 2015 you are saying?

What about 2016? How do they not have Someone identified yet?
Sorry auto correct got the better of me, not allowed Wong is the Coach.
No following who is coach.
WHO IS GOING TO BE THE 2016 COACH FOR U10AAA !??!?!
This will be posted in December.
There is no way they wait that long? really? How does the coach put his team together effectively? No wonder A/P does so poorly.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:22 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:44 am

Wong is the coach for 2015 you are saying?

What about 2016? How do they not have Someone identified yet?
Sorry auto correct got the better of me, not allowed Wong is the Coach.
There is no way they wait that long? really? How does the coach put his team together effectively? No wonder A/P does so poorly.
Another example of how the Board and Organization just not quite at the same level as AMHA.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:35 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:22 pm
Another example of how the Board and Organization just not quite at the same level as AMHA.
The thing is, "officially" and "unofficially" are how things get done effectively.

Yes "Officially" its fine to name your head coach in December for 2016 - but if you aren't "unofficially" doing it before then - you stink.

Post by Guest »

The board is lazy and doesn’t know how to hold on to the kids that actually want to play in APR. So many coaches that should not be there. The board should do their job and really look into why so many kids are leaving? I’ll tell you why. Clueless coaches that can’t coach and taking the word of the “toxic parents.” How about you stop focusing on recruiting from everywhere else and focus on home! Your out of town recruitments will never stay. Pretty sad when most of your older age rosters dont even live here.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:53 pm The board is lazy and doesn’t know how to hold on to the kids that actually want to play in APR. So many coaches that should not be there. The board should do their job and really look into why so many kids are leaving? I’ll tell you why. Clueless coaches that can’t coach and taking the word of the “toxic parents.” How about you stop focusing on recruiting from everywhere else and focus on home! Your out of town recruitments will never stay. Pretty sad when most of your older age rosters dont even live here.
I will never understand why coaches don't pick and boards don't encourage coaches to pick kids of the community. You want kids from the same schools, same network, same baseball team ... this will ultimately in future years be your best selling job to bring the best kids of the community to your team. Kids want to play with their friends and by 14 or so, this is the most important part of hockey .. the winning will follow.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:17 am
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:53 pm The board is lazy and doesn’t know how to hold on to the kids that actually want to play in APR. So many coaches that should not be there. The board should do their job and really look into why so many kids are leaving? I’ll tell you why. Clueless coaches that can’t coach and taking the word of the “toxic parents.” How about you stop focusing on recruiting from everywhere else and focus on home! Your out of town recruitments will never stay. Pretty sad when most of your older age rosters dont even live here.
I will never understand why coaches don't pick and boards don't encourage coaches to pick kids of the community. You want kids from the same schools, same network, same baseball team ... this will ultimately in future years be your best selling job to bring the best kids of the community to your team. Kids want to play with their friends and by 14 or so, this is the most important part of hockey .. the winning will follow.
hold on, are you really suggesting that coaches pick their players based on geographic location instead of talent? Coaches have to recruit from outside of Ajax due to the lack of AAA level talent. If APR wanted to be an AA only center, then absolutely pick from the best players you have in Ajax. That being said, I do agree that there are a ton of clueless coaches out there, you wont stop that. Toxic parents are easy to deal with though, the coach has to grow a pair and cut the kid, instead of re-committing to him next year.

Post by Guest »

You want a coach to do all the work of coaching, but not pick the team hes going to be ultimately responsible for - and therefore determining if he will ever coach again?

Wild take.

Tell me you've never played high level team sports in your life, without telling me.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:00 am
You want a coach to do all the work of coaching, but not pick the team hes going to be ultimately responsible for - and therefore determining if he will ever coach again?

Wild take.

Tell me you've never played high level team sports in your life, without telling me.
The problem isn’t the recruitment towards the end years, it’s the development plan year after year at the younger ages. Many organizations including APR don’t seem to care about retaining and developing their local players throughout the years. I don’t mean picking them for the highest team, but finding good coaches, supporting those coaches, promoting them to help one another and utilizing players as an AP when teams are short.

When it gets to the older years, the lack of development and retention shows as the only way to stay competitive is to fill your roster with imports that change over every year if the program isn't very good.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:22 pm

Wild take.

The problem isn’t the recruitment towards the end years, it’s the development plan year after year at the younger ages. Many organizations including APR don’t seem to care about retaining and developing their local players throughout the years. I don’t mean picking them for the highest team, but finding good coaches, supporting those coaches, promoting them to help one another and utilizing players as an AP when teams are short.

When it gets to the older years, the lack of development and retention shows as the only way to stay competitive is to fill your roster with imports that change over every year if the program isn't very good.
Sorry, but the harsh reality of it is, if you want to develop your kid, pay for it. Do private lesson and camps etc. Just like goalie parents. As goalie parents we pay anywhere from $100-200 per hour for private training. This truly is the only way to ensure quality developmental coaching.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:22 pm

Wild take.

Tell us your kid is not good enough, without telling us. Your full of ideas you should write a book