Re: Ottawa U18 2022/23 Season

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:04 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:32 am
Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:51 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:20 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:33 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:47 am

Are you saying you liked the CCHL league?
Yes, the team my son played on ran a much better than his previous AAA teams, variety of competition was great!!
You claim the team your son played on was much better run then previous AAA teams. Were those teams run poorly or were they ran well but your cchl experience was just better? As for variety of competition - A HEO u18 club will not only play the same 4 teams, but many other teams from across Ontario that are legit good U18 organizations.
Also...if your kid is planning to tryout are you sure he will make it? 4 lines down to 3. Half as many teams and all former legit AAA players....approx 130+ kids are gonna be out of a job with all those teams eliminated so spots are gonna be tight come tryout time.

Who knows. Might be a wicked good situation.

Legit AAA players?!?!?!

First Ottawa can only support a MAX of 2 AAA teams per age group.

Second, if you are still playing AAA in U18AAA, you're no longer a "legit" AAA player. The dream is over.
The CCHL U18 league had 12 teams. 10 teams to many IYO. Why do so many parents think the CCHL U18 league was good? Will a reduction of 7 teams not be a good thing for the quality of hockey at the U18 age group and therefore the development of the players.

Why stop at a reduction of only 7 teams?? What 's your logic?

Isn't 2 teams a higher concentration of talent? Isn't that the goal of legacy AAA, to stop rhe league from being watered down?

If we compare ourselves to the GTHL who have 12 teams, if we have more than 3 our teams will be watered down.

Yhetr will NEVER be more than 2 teams worth of HEO players who move on to Jr. A, or Major Jr. Hockey. Having more than 2 AAA teams doesn't make sense.

What points are wrong?
You need to do research, only 1/2 GTHL players from GTHL, if that is case then we should have 6 teams

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:41 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:33 pm

Yes, the team my son played on ran a much better than his previous AAA teams, variety of competition was great!!
You claim the team your son played on was much better run then previous AAA teams. Were those teams run poorly or were they ran well but your cchl experience was just better? As for variety of competition - A HEO u18 club will not only play the same 4 teams, but many other teams from across Ontario that are legit good U18 organizations.
Also...if your kid is planning to tryout are you sure he will make it? 4 lines down to 3. Half as many teams and all former legit AAA players....approx 130+ kids are gonna be out of a job with all those teams eliminated so spots are gonna be tight come tryout time.

Legit AAA players?!?!?!

Second, if you are still playing AAA in U18AAA, you're no longer a "legit" AAA player. The dream is over.
The CCHL U18 league had 12 teams. 10 teams to many IYO. Why do so many parents think the CCHL U18 league was good? Will a reduction of 7 teams not be a good thing for the quality of hockey at the U18 age group and therefore the development of the players.

Isn't 2 teams a higher concentration of talent? Isn't that the goal of legacy AAA, to stop rhe league from being watered down?

If we compare ourselves to the GTHL who have 12 teams, if we have more than 3 our teams will be watered down.

Yhetr will NEVER be more than 2 teams worth of HEO players who move on to Jr. A, or Major Jr. Hockey. Having more than 2 AAA teams doesn't make sense.

What points are wrong?
You need to do research, only 1/2 GTHL players from GTHL, if that is case then we should have 6 teams
Maybe, who knows, you certainly don't. Please do provide the link to where you have the home addresses of ALL the players in the GTHL. Do some make it in from outside sure. So some move there from where ever, sure. 1/2 the league.....I have a bridge to sell ya.

Even if what you said were true, that means that their talent pool is even BIGGER than a population already 5 times that of Ottawa. We should have even LESS teams. But somehow you get 6! Show us your research

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:19 pm

Legit AAA players?!?!?!

What points are wrong?
Maybe, who knows, you certainly don't. Please do provide the link to where you have the home addresses of ALL the players in the GTHL. Do some make it in from outside sure. So some move there from where ever, sure. 1/2 the league.....I have a bridge to sell ya.

Even if what you said were true, that means that their talent pool is even BIGGER than a population already 5 times that of Ottawa. We should have even LESS teams. But somehow you get 6! Show us your research
You love the population facts eh? I guess India should then have 55 AAA teams at each age group.

Post by Guest »

Legit AAA players?!?!?!

What points are wrong?

You sound like an HEO BoG wannabe. "Well the G is doing this, so we should do this"

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:18 pm

Legit AAA players?!?!?!

What points are wrong?

You sound like an HEO BoG wannabe. "Well the G is doing this, so we should do this"
Grasping at straws, I say cut it to 2 teams. Ya bud, I'm an HEO BOG supporter for sure!!

Good luck with your 5 team watered down U18AAA a.s frankly watered down all the way through.

Denial much?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:17 pm

Legit AAA players?!?!?!

What points are wrong?

You love the population facts eh? I guess India should then have 55 AAA teams at each age group.
Meh, numbers seem to offend you.

How anyone can justify 5 is beyond me. Better yet you won't even try

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:26 pm

What points are wrong?

Nobody really has to, because nobody seems to care as much as you do. Most people also realize that good players are going to go where they go, no matter what. Excuses like "watered down" are just that, excuses.

Post by Guest »

You ate all posers. Make the league good. Mic drop.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:32 pm

What points are wrong?

Nobody really has to, because nobody seems to care as much as you do. Most people also realize that good players are going to go where they go, no matter what. Excuses like "watered down" are just that, excuses.

Seems like a ton of people cared, rhe HEO BOG changes the entire league!! Why? Wasn't the reasoning behind the change that the league was too "watered down," and that they needed more exposure?!?! But hey, I guess it's just me that cares right!?!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:52 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:32 pm

Seems like a ton of people cared, rhe HEO BOG changes the entire league!! Why? Wasn't the reasoning behind the change that the league was too "watered down," and that they needed more exposure?!?! But hey, I guess it's just me that cares right!?!
Was driven by certain parents and smurfs who either hate the CCHL or were scared that their legacy kids wouldn't look as good playing against older players. "Watered down" is what dads whose kids don't look as good as U18AAA vs how they did in their point farming legacy system say ("my son isn't shining because his teammates are bad and the league is weaker"). It's awesome