Ottawa U18 2022/23 Season

Re: Ottawa U18 2022/23 Season

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:43 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:30 pm One of the oldest BCHL clubs (Merrit) just announced they are leaving the BCHL. All is not well in paradise, I guess. I told you it would happen.
They left because they are a small market team and the team could not sustain the free play model that the BCHL has.

Main reason why CCHL is pay to play as they could not survive and that's why they can't compete with BCHL.

Post by Guest »

NCDC announced a dramatic rule change for next year. Unlimited number of imports and 20 year olds (Age outs). This really hurts younger players and takes a shot at the BCHL in a monumental way. This will have a huge impact on all leagues.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:57 am NCDC announced a dramatic rule change for next year. Unlimited number of imports and 20 year olds (Age outs). This really hurts younger players and takes a shot at the BCHL in a monumental way. This will have a huge impact on all leagues.
No it's the opposite. The BCHL made it's move to access younger players. Old players who can't make the jump to a better league are a drain on your resources. One more indication of how bad the NCDC is.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:11 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:57 am NCDC announced a dramatic rule change for next year. Unlimited number of imports and 20 year olds (Age outs). This really hurts younger players and takes a shot at the BCHL in a monumental way. This will have a huge impact on all leagues.
No it's the opposite. The BCHL made it's move to access younger players. Old players who can't make the jump to a better league are a drain on your resources. One more indication of how bad the NCDC is.
Keep drinking the Koolaid. NCDC will up its quality and more desirable for younger players because they have a feeder system with Premier. BCHL has none of that. The next announcement will be the CCHL merging with the NCDC and being NCDC North.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:25 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:11 pm
Keep drinking the Koolaid. NCDC will up its quality and more desirable for younger players because they have a feeder system with Premier. BCHL has none of that. The next announcement will be the CCHL merging with the NCDC and being NCDC North.

ahahahahaha It's you at the teet of the NCDC. Nobody is going to a league-the NCDC, that is lower caliber than the CCHL. Then you add in their terrible leagues below that.....you're not really so naive to think that Canadian players are going to billet for that level of play?!?!?!? ahahahahah

Fill your boots champ, but I can't stop laughing!!! The BCHL can take players from where ever. Yes they can't go back, but remember, their goal is something HC can't provide--D1. You're so blinded by the belief that HC's pathway is the "only" one and the one that everyone wants. News flash for you champ, NCAA D1-to a lesser degree D3, is the end game for MANY players. Players are making the decision to pursue something out of reach of HC, and that pisses them off. I can admit that the BCHL will have a harder time affiliating players, and will need a bigger roster to over come this.

Post by Guest »

NCDC North is being announced in early May. Should shake things up in the area

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:09 pm NCDC North is being announced in early May. Should shake things up in the area
Explain please

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:16 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:09 pm NCDC North is being announced in early May. Should shake things up in the area
Explain please
What's to explain. USHPL Premier is already planned for 6 Canadian teams. Makes sense for the NCDC to come in. My guess...6 CCHL franchises will join. What happens to the leftovers of the CCHL, who knows?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:55 am
Explain please
What's to explain. USHPL Premier is already planned for 6 Canadian teams. Makes sense for the NCDC to come in. My guess...6 CCHL franchises will join. What happens to the leftovers of the CCHL, who knows?
The NCDC division of the USPHL plans to start a 10 team division. Teams from Ottawa, Montreal and Kingston area.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:13 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:55 am
Explain please
The NCDC division of the USPHL plans to start a 10 team division. Teams from Ottawa, Montreal and Kingston area.
link or source to that information?? I'll be quite surprised if you have either. Impress me