Re: Brick 2023

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:57 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:32 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:13 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:17 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:36 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:25 am

You are all losers to be talking about a 10 year old who did or did not play in the Brick... none of you have said it but you want to.... my little Jimmy is going to the NHL :roll: .... the Brick tournament has been around for 34 years.... in those 34 years around 200 have played in the NHL... that's about 4-5 a year with 14 teams entered every year..... and if you look at the list of the 200 you don't even know 95% of the players.... I guess we have to wait for another 8 years to find out.
Please enlighten us why the kids who made brick won’t be playing a years to come. And why the non brick kids will be playing ?
I'm not claiming to be a doctor but physical and mental development hasn't taken place yet and both of these are key factors... what some of these kids are doing in the Brick tournament they won't being doing in contact, they will lose their heads......... and if you asked 90% of these kids and say who's idea was it to put you on the Brick Team... they would say mom and dad.

Just wait until contact is what every parent of a big slow kid with no hockey sense likes to say. Brick kids physical and mental development will be every bit as beneficial as non brick kids and most likely even better. If a kid is unusually short or lacks hockey iq then yes those are big obstacles to overcome but to say that everyone is like that is just stupid. My son played in the 2012 brick and most of the top kids last year are still the top kids now. The ones who have dropped off are mostly due to being too small which almost always means they have a weak shot as well, so 2 huge liabilities at least. And they aren’t even hitting yet.
Most big slow kids now will still be big and slow 5 years from now. Nobody sprinkles fairy dust that makes them skate like the wind all of a sudden and it’s very rare that big kids grow into their bodies and suddenly become great athletes. I’ve seen it with my 09 sons age group as well it’s just how it works.
Your jealous comments that all brick kids will suck when hitting starts is ignorant and foolish.
100%
Big and slow now will most likely be bigger and slow in years to come.

Easy there fortune teller Can I come over for a card reading :lol:
Everyone knows everything on here well they think !!
Just because your kid is fast doesn’t mean he knows how to play hockey
LOte

Post by LOte »

Just wait until contact is what every parent of a big slow kid with no hockey sense likes to say. Brick kids physical and mental development will be every bit as beneficial as non brick kids and most likely even better. If a kid is unusually short or lacks hockey iq then yes those are big obstacles to overcome but to say that everyone is like that is just stupid. My son played in the 2012 brick and most of the top kids last year are still the top kids now. The ones who have dropped off are mostly due to being too small which almost always means they have a weak shot as well, so 2 huge liabilities at least. And they aren’t even hitting yet.
Most big slow kids now will still be big and slow 5 years from now. Nobody sprinkles fairy dust that makes them skate like the wind all of a sudden and it’s very rare that big kids grow into their bodies and suddenly become great athletes. I’ve seen it with my 09 sons age group as well it’s just how it works.
Your jealous comments that all brick kids will suck when hitting starts is ignorant and foolish.
this is so true. My kid is 9 and parents can say the rudest things but the one I hear most is, wait until hitting starts. It's like a threat or something that says, your kid won't be able to handle it. Just because a kid is big does not man they'll handle hitting well. I do thing bigger kids have an advantage if they're fast...but let's be real, they usually aren't. Hockey isn't all about hitting anymore at all. Speed, edges and skating ability are all very important.

Post by Guest »

LOte wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:36 pm
this is so true. My kid is 9 and parents can say the rudest things but the one I hear most is, wait until hitting starts. It's like a threat or something that says, your kid won't be able to handle it. Just because a kid is big does not man they'll handle hitting well. I do thing bigger kids have an advantage if they're fast...but let's be real, they usually aren't. Hockey isn't all about hitting anymore at all. Speed, edges and skating ability are all very important.
They said that about Gretzky, couldn’t catch him and he rarely got hit. I’m sure Crosby and Bedard heard the same thing at 10. My son is a 2015 that probably won’t be playing in this tournament in 2 years and that is fine. I won’t be on here trashing the kids that did, lol! However, it is garbage that PH and TB have a monopoly for the Brick. I read this thread to see what they were saying about a local kid we know on PH. He dominates AAA in the OMHA and did pretty well in the tournament. Middle of the pack though so nobody talking about him.Crazy talent level in the tournament but it would have been great to see them win and maybe better coaching is the answer.

Post by Guest »

The kids who are a blend of size and skill will be the ones who thrive. Also the hardest to find. You are right that big and slow kids will fade fast at the U11 age group and beyond but so will the really small quick kids who lack any other attributes like hockey sense or a good shot. LA, JG, KW and EA all struggled at the brick because of that and there were many more examples. Hard to tell with most kids before puberty hits how they will shape up but you can already see some kids have slipped off the elite level and many more will over this next season. Time will tell.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:30 pm
They said that about Gretzky, couldn’t catch him and he rarely got hit. I’m sure Crosby and Bedard heard the same thing at 10. My son is a 2015 that probably won’t be playing in this tournament in 2 years and that is fine. I won’t be on here trashing the kids that did, lol! However, it is garbage that PH and TB have a monopoly for the Brick. I read this thread to see what they were saying about a local kid we know on PH. He dominates AAA in the OMHA and did pretty well in the tournament. Middle of the pack though so nobody talking about him.Crazy talent level in the tournament but it would have been great to see them win and maybe better coaching is the answer.
coaching is horrific on both toronto brick teams. just ask parents from the last 2 years, they all complain about the coaching. they hand select the team, they teach them nothing and then blame the kids and parents when they lose. they take zero responsibility. oh and if your kid is actually good and has played a tournament with their org over the years, they take credit and say they were the ones who developed your him and think they own the rights to your kid. give your heads a shake!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:03 pm
coaching is horrific on both toronto brick teams. just ask parents from the last 2 years, they all complain about the coaching. they hand select the team, they teach them nothing and then blame the kids and parents when they lose. they take zero responsibility. oh and if your kid is actually good and has played a tournament with their org over the years, they take credit and say they were the ones who developed your him and think they own the rights to your kid. give your heads a shake!
Ask the same Dad's who play beer league and the same Mom's who dont know what 2 mins for boarding is? The irony of telling others to give their head a shake in this rant is thick as molasses! Bahahahaha

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:17 pm
Ask the same Dad's who play beer league and the same Mom's who dont know what 2 mins for boarding is? The irony of telling others to give their head a shake in this rant is thick as molasses! Bahahahaha

Sounds like that was written by one of the PH or TBD coaches who aren’t even capable of coaching a beer league team! The difference is those parents you mention have kids who still have a future in hockey, where you’ve all proven yourselves to be incompetent idiots.

Post by Guest »

I love it.... "Just ask the parents" both parent groups on either team win the award for the craziest parent groups in Ontario... just read the thread from the tournament this year.... since when should ever a parent have a say in how the coach wants to coach :roll: ... we all know this is the problem with minor hockey.... I would take an average player who comes from a average family over the kid who thinks he is the next Connor Bedard
Bedard... Crosby... Gretz.... are all generational talent..... that's not your kid
hmm

Post by hmm »

The kids who are a blend of size and skill will be the ones who thrive. Also the hardest to find. You are right that big and slow kids will fade fast at the U11 age group and beyond but so will the really small quick kids who lack any other attributes like hockey sense or a good shot. LA, JG, KW and EA all struggled at the brick because of that and there were many more examples. Hard to tell with most kids before puberty hits how they will shape up but you can already see some kids have slipped off the elite level and many more will over this next season. Time will tell.
I've seen some small quick kids get D1 rides. Most kids aren't going to the show...even if they do they still need a back up plan once their career ends. Stay in school everyone.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:09 am
I love it.... "Just ask the parents" both parent groups on either team win the award for the craziest parent groups in Ontario... just read the thread from the tournament this year.... since when should ever a parent have a say in how the coach wants to coach :roll: ... we all know this is the problem with minor hockey.... I would take an average player who comes from a average family over the kid who thinks he is the next Connor Bedard
Bedard... Crosby... Gretz.... are all generational talent..... that's not your kid

When other teams coaches at the Brick are telling parents from both Toronto teams what a terrible job their coaches are doing, it says a lot. When Quebec coaches guide a lot of these same kids to victory over the best players from Quebec just 2 weeks later, it says even more. PH and TBD coaches had all the talent they needed and didn’t know what to do with it, can only imagine what a disaster it would be if they had average players like you said :lol: