Guest wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:04 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:02 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:56 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:47 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:44 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:39 pm

8 goalies moving
wow if thats true.
You can't possibly think one person is aware of what 8 goalies are doing. How dense are you? It could be zero or all of them - but no numb-nutz on this forum has any idea.

I WOULD be curious, as a kid with a younger goalie - why is there SO MUCH movement between goalies typically?
who cares, let's talk about VK and TM! the best of the best!
The best at what...do tell.
3 of the 4 goalies they started with are leaving.
leaving, i wonder why ?
says a lot about the coaches
Finally, someone with brains.
I couldn't agree more.

Re: Goalie carousel

Post by Guest »

8 goalies moving
wow if thats true.
You can't possibly think one person is aware of what 8 goalies are doing. How dense are you? It could be zero or all of them - but no numb-nutz on this forum has any idea.

I WOULD be curious, as a kid with a younger goalie - why is there SO MUCH movement between goalies typically?
leaving, i wonder why ?
VK and TM goalies realized it sucks to play on a top team getting 2 shots a night and having no impact on the game and bad development. It's much better to be on a middle team, learn to make saves, and be a contributor on your team. A bottom goalie coach is a tough spot too because you lose no matter how good you play.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:12 pm

wow if thats true.

leaving, i wonder why ?
VK and TM goalies realized it sucks to play on a top team getting 2 shots a night and having no impact on the game and bad development. It's much better to be on a middle team, learn to make saves, and be a contributor on your team. A bottom goalie coach is a tough spot too because you lose no matter how good you play.

This is the truth. That’s why you see all the top goalies on mid pack teams until U14 or U15 when they make the jump to super teams put together to make a run at the OHL Cup. Facts.

Re: 2014 AAA

Post by Guest »

anyone know if any kids playing a year up coming back down to their age group and if any 2014's are going up a year?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:16 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:12 pm

leaving, i wonder why ?

This is the truth. That’s why you see all the top goalies on mid pack teams until U14 or U15 when they make the jump to super teams put together to make a run at the OHL Cup. Facts.
Yup, this is the plan for my young goalie. From beginning of the year until now hes progressed a lot. Unfortunately, thats because we are on a bad team that gets beat almost every game. However, hes in that sweet spot that its recognized that he keeps games within reach for the team and hes loved because of it.

I think being on a slightly better team next year is a goal for us. It is nice to get plenty shots, but you don't need 10+ break away attempts per game either.

Because we stink, it is painful to watch the other goalies skate in circles and look bored for an entire game. You feel bad for them almost as a goalie dad.

However, I will say from a percentage break down.

20% of development comes from games
20% from team practices
60% from goalie specific training

So, its not all doom and gloom for good goalies on great teams. But, you want the kid to enjoy playing the game of hockey - not just "winning games" if that makes any sense.

Post by Guest »

8 goalies moving
wow if thats true.

leaving, i wonder why ?
It literally says nothing about coaching. It's the one position you can't play that card.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:22 pm

wow if thats true.

leaving, i wonder why ?
It literally says nothing about coaching. It's the one position you can't play that card.

Sure it does. Team politics and out of touch or abrasive coaches always push good kids away.

Post by Guest »

Who won last night? VK or TM?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:03 pmWho won last night? VK or TM?
Check the site b1tch

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:44 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:03 pmWho won last night? VK or TM?
Check the site b1tch
VK won. Both goalies were amazing probably the best u10 game I’ve even seen. Both teams are unbelievable