23-24 Burlington Eagles coaches

Re: 23-24 Burlington Eagles coaches

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:01 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:50 am
Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:56 am
Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:25 am
Guest wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:02 am This is true problem is all of the AA teams are weak as well
They bring in an NLT provider and they say who coaches should take 🤪 they need imports cause the NLT providers and coaches can’t develop these kids it’s very sad

The statement is wrong 08 AA Gold OMHA Champs 2 seasons ago and OMHA semi-finals last year. This years team is absolutely stacked. I understand people are not happy with this organization, however there are a few teams that will compete. So sit back enjoy the upcoming season.

How many imports on those teams? I think their point was that BE doesn’t develop its best players and relies on imports.
Sadly competing at the OMHA level doesn’t mean much any more either as there were OMHA finalists and champions this year who were not even top 15 in the province. Shows just how bad the quality of hockey had been. Hamilton coming into the league will improve that a little bit next year at the AAA level.
I think the point these guys are making is that the older BE teams (2007 and below) are the last semi decent quality teams that BE has managed to put on the ice. Regardless if they had imports or not. Even if they made it to the Red Hats and competed they are far from a top AAA team in the province.
The politics and BS behind the organization that is in place now has resulted in lackluster development of kids who entered the system when they were novice. And it is starting to show as they get older. It should come as no surprise that any Burlington born talent has jumped ship. By the time they hit the age of 12 these kids have already been on the losing end of underperforming teams for 6 years. Even at that age any true elite athlete is craving better coaching, better development and better opportunities. the BE org. has hung these kids out to dry and the end result that is showing now..is 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 etc. are kids who do not have the same skills as other AAA teams. The Eagles organization needs a complete tear down and rebuild. They should be stripped from being a AAA centre by the OMHA and bumped down to AA until they begin to develop AAA players again.

You are absolutely right
Nothing better than someone answering their own message 😂

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:00 am
Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:01 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:50 am
Guest wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:02 am This is true problem is all of the AA teams are weak as well
They bring in an NLT provider and they say who coaches should take 🤪 they need imports cause the NLT providers and coaches can’t develop these kids it’s very sad

The statement is wrong 08 AA Gold OMHA Champs 2 seasons ago and OMHA semi-finals last year. This years team is absolutely stacked. I understand people are not happy with this organization, however there are a few teams that will compete. So sit back enjoy the upcoming season.

How many imports on those teams? I think their point was that BE doesn’t develop its best players and relies on imports.
Sadly competing at the OMHA level doesn’t mean much any more either as there were OMHA finalists and champions this year who were not even top 15 in the province. Shows just how bad the quality of hockey had been. Hamilton coming into the league will improve that a little bit next year at the AAA level.
I think the point these guys are making is that the older BE teams (2007 and below) are the last semi decent quality teams that BE has managed to put on the ice. Regardless if they had imports or not. Even if they made it to the Red Hats and competed they are far from a top AAA team in the province.
The politics and BS behind the organization that is in place now has resulted in lackluster development of kids who entered the system when they were novice. And it is starting to show as they get older. It should come as no surprise that any Burlington born talent has jumped ship. By the time they hit the age of 12 these kids have already been on the losing end of underperforming teams for 6 years. Even at that age any true elite athlete is craving better coaching, better development and better opportunities. the BE org. has hung these kids out to dry and the end result that is showing now..is 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 etc. are kids who do not have the same skills as other AAA teams. The Eagles organization needs a complete tear down and rebuild. They should be stripped from being a AAA centre by the OMHA and bumped down to AA until they begin to develop AAA players again.

You are absolutely right
Nothing better than someone answering their own message 😂

Your right couldn’t have been anyone else because only one person in this org has an issue with the politics and lack of development right? Nobody else is upset with their fees being pocketed and pissed away? You are a 🐑

Post by Guest »

Goat? Thanks.

Post by Guest »

Over the years I’ve watched this once solid organization deteriorate year after year. There’s no reason for a city the size of Burlington with a strong hockey focus not to be competitive and stronger then most of the SCTA. Comparing with G teams who operate without boundaries doesn’t add any value to my argument. So where has the downturn come from and it starts with the board of directors who are happy to keep churning year after year and accepting that this is the best that can be done. It isn’t. A few things where improvements will impact for years to come:
1. Fixed practice schedule: players who want to take on additional development outside of team practices can now schedule and build out on their gaps.
2. Independent evaluators to build out pool of potential players for coaches to select from in order to eliminate any conflicts of interest.
3. Eliminate NLT and focus on delivering more ice for coaches to develop.
4. Import players need to impact players not a friend, a family member or a bottom player from another center. If you can’t build a competitive team in a specific age group then drop it

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:19 pm Over the years I’ve watched this once solid organization deteriorate year after year. There’s no reason for a city the size of Burlington with a strong hockey focus not to be competitive and stronger then most of the SCTA. Comparing with G teams who operate without boundaries doesn’t add any value to my argument. So where has the downturn come from and it starts with the board of directors who are happy to keep churning year after year and accepting that this is the best that can be done. It isn’t. A few things where improvements will impact for years to come:
1. Fixed practice schedule: players who want to take on additional development outside of team practices can now schedule and build out on their gaps.
2. Independent evaluators to build out pool of potential players for coaches to select from in order to eliminate any conflicts of interest.
4. Import players need to impact players not a friend, a family member or a bottom player from another center. If you can’t build a competitive team in a specific age group then drop it

Other SCTA org use independent evaluators and it is a great idea IF would ever be allowed to happen! Don’t get your hopes up.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:19 pm Over the years I’ve watched this once solid organization deteriorate year after year. There’s no reason for a city the size of Burlington with a strong hockey focus not to be competitive and stronger then most of the SCTA. Comparing with G teams who operate without boundaries doesn’t add any value to my argument. So where has the downturn come from and it starts with the board of directors who are happy to keep churning year after year and accepting that this is the best that can be done. It isn’t. A few things where improvements will impact for years to come:

This is realistic, attainable and spot on. Not having a fixed practice schedule is an inconvenience that could have been fixed a long time ago and if nothing else eliminate NLT from the aaa level at minimum. It is not resulting in better skating teams and just eats away time for teaching systems and development. Commitment to aaa hockey should include responsibility if parents to make sure their kids skill and skating is at acceptable level and should be done on their own time. Trying to make one stop shop just makes everything mediocre.

Post by Guest »

I think they were trying to say no AAA team will finish top 4

Post by Guest »

Another BIG problem is these guys running private lessons then the kid makes AAA crazy CL running stuff BH of goalies you cant bite the hand that feeds the mouth?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:58 pm Another BIG problem is these guys running private lessons then the kid makes AAA crazy CL running stuff BH of goalies you cant bite the hand that feeds the mouth?
In english?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:01 am
Guest wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:58 pm Another BIG problem is these guys running private lessons then the kid makes AAA crazy CL running stuff BH of goalies you cant bite the hand that feeds the mouth?
In english?
CL and BH run private sessions out of powerplay. Kids that pay and participate receive preffered treatment/placement