Re: 2015 AAA

Post by Guest »

564 pages

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:55 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 am Is GTHL really much better than OMHA or is the issue just travel?
Well my son played up last year and we were a 9th place team in the G that lost one game to the OMHA in like 10 games.

So yes it’s not even close in most cases. Whitby will be very good at 2015
The question really should be whether it’s the actual development or that talented kids just find their way into the G. If kids stayed in OMHA there would be less disparity. Dissolving of teams and KSL may likely narrow the gap. Expect YSE, WW, COW, Quinte and Northshore to all be good due to development in KSL.
Maybe its because my kid isn't ELITE ELITE AAAA type talented. He is just good, and will probably be a upper-middle of the pack for AAA. I don't know why ANYONE would want to drive into the city multiple nights a week, and deal with the much shittier parents? Am I missing something? Don't kids get drafted into the OHL from tones of AAA teams in OMHA?
The best parent group I’ve had so far was in Toronto by far.

Parent groups are a case by case thing. A lot of that also comes down to the teams leadership

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:40 pm anyone went to TT tryout tonight? any surprises?
TT has $175k in sponsorship. That was a surprise when I heard that.

So surprise.

Post by Guest »

Thats a lot of $$$
Hopefully creates a playoff team, who is the coach

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:34 pm Thats a lot of $$$
Hopefully creates a playoff team, who is the coach
how can that money create a playoff team?! Are we paying kids now? Or do the kids play for free there?

Wild...A new level of pay to play. Classic Toronto.

Post by Guest »

I hear VK is loading up on KSL kids.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:04 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:40 pm anyone went to TT tryout tonight? any surprises?
TT has $175k in sponsorship. That was a surprise when I heard that.

So surprise.
Anyone who knows this team, knows that’s not surprising.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:55 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 am Is GTHL really much better than OMHA or is the issue just travel?
Well my son played up last year and we were a 9th place team in the G that lost one game to the OMHA in like 10 games.

So yes it’s not even close in most cases. Whitby will be very good at 2015
The question really should be whether it’s the actual development or that talented kids just find their way into the G. If kids stayed in OMHA there would be less disparity. Dissolving of teams and KSL may likely narrow the gap. Expect YSE, WW, COW, Quinte and Northshore to all be good due to development in KSL.
Maybe its because my kid isn't ELITE ELITE AAAA type talented. He is just good, and will probably be a upper-middle of the pack for AAA. I don't know why ANYONE would want to drive into the city multiple nights a week, and deal with the much shittier parents? Am I missing something? Don't kids get drafted into the OHL from tones of AAA teams in OMHA?
The best parent group I’ve had so far was in Toronto by far.

Parent groups are a case by case thing. A lot of that also comes down to the teams leadership
Leadership is huge. A gossipy bench will trickle down. Choose wisely. Unless you thrive in chaos.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:10 pm Who will be the first coach to get fired?
VK

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:07 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:10 pm Who will be the first coach to get fired?
VK
Maybe not, reinforcements on the way.