Alliance 2012 Hockey

Re: Alliance 2012 Hockey

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:44 pm I believe it’s illegal to record someone without their consent in Canada
And on top of that I once scored 4 against a team that won 6 games all year! Ha ha beat that!
If I had any footage I would add some cool music and post on my Instagram
It is legal in a public space as there is no expectation of privacy... Also just to let ya know, if you are having a conversation in Ontario (I am not certain of other provinces rules) whether in person or by telephone that person can legally record you, we are a one party consent province.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:41 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:35 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:10 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:58 am
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:27 am
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:15 am BOTH these teams are in desperate need of non parent coaches
It’s not the coaches or the players.. it’s the psycho parents that just have to comment on everything like their child is an angel that can “do no wrong” and that their own adult behaviour is appropriate. The number of parents I heard shit talking kids in the lobby’s this weekend was disgusting and they were saying it in front of their own children and other players.
NO. Non parent coaches are a must. Also, there are a couple of kids that parents SHOULD be talking about. Their behaviour is not ok and perhaps the parents need to know that others on the team are not ok with teammates and their behaviour. These kids are all being lumped into "awful children" because of a couple bad apples. Reign in your shitty kids.
Really? Because I recorded a few of these conversations and 11 year olds will do 11 year old things. I dont agree with some of the things all of the kids do.. but grown adults talking about children like this could get you in some serious trouble.
Doubtful. Let’s hear some of these awful things that could get people in trouble. Because I heard a lot of parents commenting on physical behaviour that was not ok. And the fact that there are zero repercussions for “idiots”. Might be harsh, but seems to be the truth
Don’t engage on here.. just send it directly to the alliance and let them deal with it.

#1 - There is probably no recording. #2 -If there is a recording, Alliance won't do a thing. Neither will either board.

Still curious to hear what you deem so awful in conversations.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:57 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:27 am

It’s not the coaches or the players.. it’s the psycho parents that just have to comment on everything like their child is an angel that can “do no wrong” and that their own adult behaviour is appropriate. The number of parents I heard shit talking kids in the lobby’s this weekend was disgusting and they were saying it in front of their own children and other players.
NO. Non parent coaches are a must. Also, there are a couple of kids that parents SHOULD be talking about. Their behaviour is not ok and perhaps the parents need to know that others on the team are not ok with teammates and their behaviour. These kids are all being lumped into "awful children" because of a couple bad apples. Reign in your shitty kids.
Really? Because I recorded a few of these conversations and 11 year olds will do 11 year old things. I dont agree with some of the things all of the kids do.. but grown adults talking about children like this could get you in some serious trouble.
Doubtful. Let’s hear some of these awful things that could get people in trouble. Because I heard a lot of parents commenting on physical behaviour that was not ok. And the fact that there are zero repercussions for “idiots”. Might be harsh, but seems to be the truth
Don’t engage on here.. just send it directly to the alliance and let them deal with it.

#1 - There is probably no recording. #2 -If there is a recording, Alliance won't do a thing. Neither will either board.

Audio recording probably won’t get dealt with - video recordings could be different

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:10 pm

Audio recording probably won’t get dealt with - video recordings could be different
Womp womp…no one cares. Keep your damn kids in line and let’s enjoy a competitive series.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:59 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:10 pm

Womp womp…no one cares. Keep your damn kids in line and let’s enjoy a competitive series.
Keep your spouses in line.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:44 pm I believe it’s illegal to record someone without their consent in Canada
And on top of that I once scored 4 against a team that won 6 games all year! Ha ha beat that!
If I had any footage I would add some cool music and post on my Instagram
Not when it is in public

Post by Guest »

I am a grandparent with 4 kids that played AAA hockey
Most of the years they were all coached by parent coaches
With all 4, the times they had Non-parent coaches, it was (except for 1) a complete rip off. They coaches had "credentials" but other than milk the team budget dry, they did not develop the players at all. The parent coaches by U17 were far better coaches. Be very careful what you ask for
Just my 2 cents

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:36 pm I am a grandparent with 4 kids that played AAA hockey
With all 4, the times they had Non-parent coaches, it was (except for 1) a complete rip off. They coaches had "credentials" but other than milk the team budget dry, they did not develop the players at all. The parent coaches by U17 were far better coaches. Be very careful what you ask for
Just my 2 cents
Hiya grandparent, I want to apologize for the disgusting display that is this forum. The type of coach their child plays for is just an excuse. Hockey isn’t actually spoke about here, it’s just the same couple of bottom of the barrel parents with mediocre kids airing out their grievances.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:36 pm I am a grandparent with 4 kids that played AAA hockey
Just my 2 cents
My brother and I both had similar experiences.
Had parent coaches in AAA. At U15 I had a non-parent coach with non-parent bench staff. They did a big introduction with very impressive credentials. Season started off ok but very soon we figured out that we were all playing based on our own hockey skills and knowledge. They held tryouts but other than 1 player that moved, the roster did not change. We did have a decent season but the cost to the parents was astronomical. The coaches billed for their phone bills, milage, fuel, accommodations, wages for time off work, sticks, team wear, skate sharpening and meals. Every tournament they partied and all of our parents paid for everything.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:21 pm
Just my 2 cents
My brother and I both had similar experiences.
Had parent coaches in AAA. At U15 I had a non-parent coach with non-parent bench staff. They did a big introduction with very impressive credentials. Season started off ok but very soon we figured out that we were all playing based on our own hockey skills and knowledge. They held tryouts but other than 1 player that moved, the roster did not change. We did have a decent season but the cost to the parents was astronomical. The coaches billed for their phone bills, milage, fuel, accommodations, wages for time off work, sticks, team wear, skate sharpening and meals. Every tournament they partied and all of our parents paid for everything.
Everyone’s got a sob story. And tons of people have great ones too. Imagine having someone with legitimate hockey credentials (RS) and being a whiney parent who doesn’t like him or the coach mentor that put him in place and wanting him off the bench? That alone is proof that there are whiney, self entitled parents ruining their kids hockey. Oh but wait, if said coach likes your kid and gets tons of ice time, then you’ll over look the crappy things you’ve been whining about. Parents are the worst for youth sports.