Spring & Summer Tournament Experience - 2023

All Team and Association topics here

Spring & Summer Tournament Experience - 2023

Post by Guest »

I’ll lead this off.

It’s been many years of Spring/ Summer hockey for my 3 boys and I felt like this would be a great place for others to gather information

In my experience so far, off season tournament teams & tournaments more often than not, turn out to be a lot of drama and money spent for crappy hockey.

Draft Day & CCT run some of the most low budget terribly referee’d experiences. Just a garbage waste of money.

Everest, Klevr, Vision, Toronto Elite, National Prospects, Draft Day, Bulldogs and PH are all professionals at taking your money. I honestly find zero value in any of these teams unless you end up with a great coach, they love your kid and a strong parent group. Very rare to have all 3. Most often then not it turns into a terrible experience, even if you win. Not worth the extra money.

Everest & Bulldogs tournaments - dont waste your money

Sports Illustrated & Hall of Fame - if you have the money, they’re fairly well put together experiences. Worth the experience at least once.

Brick - huge debate on this. Quite frankly it means zero but it is a cool experience and ego boost to all those involved. If you have 15k to flush down the toilet. Then by all means. I’ve been to the Brick twice now and every time I go I feel even dumber. Lots of kids play who deserve to be there and lots who don’t. Don’t stress about it either way.

BoB - just play in the Throne. Forget the 2k + to play on one of those teams.

Overall, I’d personally play spring with your winter team coach or a really close group of friends. Don’t overspend on all the extra crap. You don’t need new gloves, helmets, etc to play spring.

In the end. I think these kids play too much as it is. Limit off-season hockey games as much as you can.

Re: Spring & Summer Tournament Experience - 2023

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:15 pm I’ll lead this off.

It’s been many years of Spring/ Summer hockey for my 3 boys and I felt like this would be a great place for others to gather information

In my experience so far, off season tournament teams & tournaments more often than not, turn out to be a lot of drama and money spent for crappy hockey.

Draft Day & CCT run some of the most low budget terribly referee’d experiences. Just a garbage waste of money.

Everest, Klevr, Vision, Toronto Elite, National Prospects, Draft Day, Bulldogs and PH are all professionals at taking your money. I honestly find zero value in any of these teams unless you end up with a great coach, they love your kid and a strong parent group. Very rare to have all 3. Most often then not it turns into a terrible experience, even if you win. Not worth the extra money.

Sports Illustrated & Hall of Fame - if you have the money, they’re fairly well put together experiences. Worth the experience at least once.

Brick - huge debate on this. Quite frankly it means zero but it is a cool experience and ego boost to all those involved. If you have 15k to flush down the toilet. Then by all means. I’ve been to the Brick twice now and every time I go I feel even dumber. Lots of kids play who deserve to be there and lots who don’t. Don’t stress about it either way.

Overall, I’d personally play spring with your winter team coach or a really close group of friends. Don’t overspend on all the extra crap. You don’t need new gloves, helmets, etc to play spring.

In the end. I think these kids play too much as it is. Limit off-season hockey games as much as you can.
Spot on!

Post by Guest »

Sports Illustrated - put on a nice show but lack talent. it's all a show

BOB - expensive and lacks of talent

Brick - if you get picked and ca afford it - DO it.

Draftday prospects- worth it and top kids chose to represent their areas

Everest usually puts on good events with good talent

Post by Guest »

I don’t believe you’ve had any experience with half of those tournaments. It’s also hard when you can’t even provide context who your “kids” play for. I’m calling BS on your stupid commentary and nobody gives fck what you think anyway. Jackass.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:00 pm Sports Illustrated - put on a nice show but lack talent. it's all a show

Draft day prospects is the worst tournament on the list! Zero talent ankle burners no top kids ever play in it. Newbie.

Post by Guest »

Accurate.

IMO. Draft Day is a total joke. Everest runs decent tournaments but their teams are a total money grab. Brick is a cool experience but not worth the money. Bulldogs are dying. Pro Hockey is okay but more money than it’s worth and lots of drama. Also be careful of anything No names related. Sports Illustrated is fun but mid level talent. BoB is a good concept but not worth the money. Throne might be the best overall tournament if you can get in on an outside team.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:12 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:00 pm Sports Illustrated - put on a nice show but lack talent. it's all a show

Draft day prospects is the worst tournament on the list! Zero talent ankle burners no top kids ever play in it. Newbie.
These spring summer tournaments don’t mean nothing until u14 u15 u16 so take your money develop and play other spots in the off season

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:25 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:12 pm

These spring summer tournaments don’t mean nothing until u14 u15 u16 so take your money develop and play other spots in the off season
Bulldogs dying and no one attends their tournaments anymore.