Top Prospects League

Re: Top Prospects League

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:41 am
Badpass wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:48 am Does anyone know who is behind this and what it's all about?
Says they are looking at top 2011 and top 2012 players in Ontario, Seems like another gimmicky ploy to tell little Johnny hs is the Elite of the elite type nonsense
From what I have heard this is going to be the best league in terms of talent
I like the concept of not having filtered down talent, which makes for much better hockey. Tournaments are starting to take up way too much time and some games aren’t meaningful. Hopefully the draft isn’t biased to some coaches like VA. It’ll be interesting to see but also a much better concept than the best of the best thing.
Badpass

Post by Badpass »

Guest wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:30 am
Badpass wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:48 am Does anyone know who is behind this and what it's all about?
Says they are looking at top 2011 and top 2012 players in Ontario, Seems like another gimmicky ploy to tell little Johnny hs is the Elite of the elite type nonsense
The same guys that do prodigy are doing this. It is run by scouts and agents. I know a lot of the top kids are doing it. I don’t expect any coaches from the GTHL or OMHA to be coaching so it should be good
Do you know what top 2011 kids are doing this?

Post by Guest »

The same guys that do prodigy are doing this. It is run by scouts and agents. I know a lot of the top kids are doing it. I don’t expect any coaches from the GTHL or OMHA to be coaching so it should be good

Well if anyone from the GTHL or OMHA is involved it will be just one giant cluster fk. Bunch of half wit old boy narcissists. The biggest person that loves them is the one in the mirror.

Post by Guest »

What is the criteria to be selected? I would guess must be in a AAA program as a start.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:45 pm What is the criteria to be selected? I would guess must be in a AAA program as a start.
It’s an email sent to every family!! Don’t get too excited ! It’s a washed down tournament for parents chasing the dream and to advertise on FB.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:47 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:45 pm What is the criteria to be selected? I would guess must be in a AAA program as a start.
It’s an email sent to every family!! Don’t get too excited ! It’s a washed down tournament for parents chasing the dream and to advertise on FB.
I don’t think emails have been sent, you register online. I’m sure criteria would be AAA at the least. This is the top kids in the age group

Post by Guest »

Any new info on this? whos involved? I see their Instagram post now says they are affiliated with Biosteel. Or at least "Hydrated By Biostell"
Haywood Jablome

Post by Haywood Jablome »

Guest wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:33 am
My buddy’s kid did prodigy and said it’s the real deal. All elite kids playing and games were all fast paced. Looking forward to it
Prodigy was garbage this past summer. League took a huge image hit.
Badpass

Post by Badpass »

The more I look into this Top Prospects League the more shady it seems. I have spoken with a few agents and scouts and no one knows who is behind this. All just marketing BS