Re: Hockey Canada has lost their mind!!

Post by Guest »

A hockey canada approved baselayer is now mandatory:

Baselayer (Black) https://a.co/d/h2uQqiJ

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:42 am
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:19 am
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:11 am I have relatives who lived in Denmark, whose son played on a co-ed PeeWee team. The boys and girls shared the same dressing room, as well as showers. All players showered, but the two groups took turns showering separately. They now live in BC, so it will be interesting to hear what they think about this new rule.

Can somebody sum up the rule...and how it will be monitored and enforced...and what are the penalties?
Typical HC ...they share partial details to the world and let the provincial associations run with it from there.
A bunch of misfit association boards are expected to police this? Most of them are the ones in bed with the coaches, and you know what all the coaches are saying and thinking. Let's be honest, most will ignore this rule with zero consequences. They're suppose to have a 2 deep rule too and not many coaches follow that and what's the penalty? Nothing! They lay out Respect in Sport, every day someone is breaking that rule, what do they do? Nothing! Everyday someone breaks the "Code of Conduct", (a joke), what do they do? NOTHING! HC is trying to show they've turned over a new leaf from all the bad press in the last few years. Brutal decision. Life is hard, wear a helmet, oh no you felt uncomfortable, how dare we! STFU
Before it was other people who felt uncomfortable, now it's you. So take your own advice and STFU.

Actually, it's the activists and facheads like you that are the problem!! Maybe the govt can fund the HC4LGTBQ? Keep your mindless politics out of the game!!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:19 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:11 am I have relatives who lived in Denmark, whose son played on a co-ed PeeWee team. The boys and girls shared the same dressing room, as well as showers. All players showered, but the two groups took turns showering separately. They now live in BC, so it will be interesting to hear what they think about this new rule.

Can somebody sum up the rule...and how it will be monitored and enforced...and what are the penalties?
Typical HC ...they share partial details to the world and let the provincial associations run with it from there.
A bunch of misfit association boards are expected to police this? Most of them are the ones in bed with the coaches, and you know what all the coaches are saying and thinking. Let's be honest, most will ignore this rule with zero consequences. They're suppose to have a 2 deep rule too and not many coaches follow that and what's the penalty? Nothing! They lay out Respect in Sport, every day someone is breaking that rule, what do they do? Nothing! Everyday someone breaks the "Code of Conduct", (a joke), what do they do? NOTHING! HC is trying to show they've turned over a new leaf from all the bad press in the last few years. Brutal decision. Life is hard, wear a helmet, oh no you felt uncomfortable, how dare we! STFU
Before it was other people who felt uncomfortable, now it's you. So take your own advice and STFU.

Actually, it's the activists and facheads like you that are the problem!! Maybe the govt can fund the HC4LGTBQ? Keep your mindless politics out of the game!!
I’m curious, what’s political about asking kids to keep their underwear on while they’re in the change room? Doesn’t seem like a big ask with more girls playing on boys teams at higher levels nowadays. Plus with Canada being really multicultural there’s probably different religious stuff to consider.

Sorry I can’t get that outraged about this when there seem to be a few good reasons for it and very few good reasons against.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:42 pm

I’m curious, what’s political about asking kids to keep their underwear on while they’re in the change room? Doesn’t seem like a big ask with more girls playing on boys teams at higher levels nowadays. Plus with Canada being really multicultural there’s probably different religious stuff to consider.

Sorry I can’t get that outraged about this when there seem to be a few good reasons for it and very few good reasons against.

We'll barred on the reaction so far, it's clear you are in the minority. Based on the reaction to the KSL and how HC is running hockey (especially for kids u9 and under), I'd say they're digging their own grave and I can't wait to see it.

Post by Guest »

Lets see if I'm understanding this new policy...

1) Players are required to wear minimum attire when in the dressing room, which could be shorts and a T-shirt.

2) Players are expected to use a bathroom stall to change into a swimsuit before using open concept showers, T-shirt not required in the shower.
- its okay to see each other without T-shirts in the shower, but not in the dressing room.

3) Players who don't want to change in the team dressing room can change in a different dressing room...before entering the team dressing room.

4) The purpose of these changes is to ensure privacy, however the rule of two guideline requires that 2 adults supervise the kids when they are changing and that the door of the dressing room must be left open.

How the faaack was this stupidity approved? :roll:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:42 pm

I don't think you understand the absurdity of this "new policy". They are not allowed to be in their underwear while in the change room...they are required to arrive at the rink, already wearing their base layer (shorts & t-shirt) underneath their street clothes. This policy also requires them to wear their base layer under their street clothes, after the game, when they leave the rink.

At no time are they allowed to be in their underwear in the team dressing room. They aren't permitted to be shirtless when in the team dressing room - yet they can were a bathing suit when using the open concept showers. If they want to remove their base layer, they have to leave the team dressing room and find another dressing room to actually get dressed in.

I'm sure we will see droves of players walking the hallways wearing their base layers, carrying their street clothes in-hand, looking for another dressing room so that they can changed after the game. Good luck finding a vacant dressing room at a tournament. Eventually some players will give up and start gearing down in the parking lot, maybe even the lobby...they'll start gearing down anywhere, except in the team dressing room. :lol:

Post by Guest »

The whole concept is an utter joke. Question did curling Canada implement these changes? The new president was from there. What do you expect from these people.

Post by Guest »

Completely out of touch, so now players will have to wear their soaking wet under gear under their dress pants and dress shirt? Nothing like wet under heat as you come out of a rink into -10 degree weather. And don’t give me the excuse to at it’s a cultural or religious thing, my parents immigrated to Canada for a better life. It was their job to acclimate themselves to their new surroundings, not to expect the surroundings to acclimate to them.

Post by Guest »

20 Midget players lining up to take turns changing in a disgusting shitter?

It’s a matter of time before we start seeing a 40 teenagers, in their underwear, putting on their suits in the tunnel at Chesswood. They were doing it during Covid, I’m sure they’d have no problem doing it again.

At least some teenaged girls will enjoy the show…maybe even some mums. :lol:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know what the consequences will be for breaking this “rule”?