Spring Hockey Tryouts U7 / U8 / U9

Re: Spring Hockey Tryouts U7 / U8 / U9

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:46 pm Does anyone know how many bulldogs spring teams are for U9? One top team (pre-brick) and one 2nd team (AAA) or there are more?
I’ve only ever seen them have two 2015 teams.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:49 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:46 pm Does anyone know how many bulldogs spring teams are for U9? One top team (pre-brick) and one 2nd team (AAA) or there are more?
Thanks. That's what I thought. I got confused when I saw ppl saying 3rd or 4th team. Maybe it's just me lacking sense of humor :lol:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:52 pm
Thanks. That's what I thought. I got confused when I saw ppl saying 3rd or 4th team. Maybe it's just me lacking sense of humor :lol:
There are four (4) 2016 teams.

I am pretty sure they took every single kid from tryouts

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:35 am

They'll add teams until they run have no other suckers standing there with their cheque books open.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:04 am

They'll add teams until they run have no other suckers standing there with their cheque books open.
If kids want to play spring hockey, why wouldn't they provide the platform? A lot of KSL teams are putting together "spring" teams. But, I don't think any from OMHA are.

So, unless a kid is planning a move to a KSL team in the fall next year, they are likely going to try out for one of these "Spring only" teams.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:02 am

If kids want to play spring hockey, why wouldn't they provide the platform? A lot of KSL teams are putting together "spring" teams. But, I don't think any from OMHA are.

So, unless a kid is planning a move to a KSL team in the fall next year, they are likely going to try out for one of these "Spring only" teams.
For spring hockey, why not just rent some ice once a week and get a group of your kids friends together to practice and play? Save yourself a whole bunch of money. and your kid would still be able to go to school on Fridays.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:05 am
Guest wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:02 am

For spring hockey, why not just rent some ice once a week and get a group of your kids friends together to practice and play? Save yourself a whole bunch of money. and your kid would still be able to go to school on Fridays.
Because that isn't as fun for the kids? Also, you over estimate my interest in arranging all of that.

We are trying it this year for the first time, but we are doing it with our Fall team. Might regret it, but its going to be less than $1000 for 3 tournaments and I think 6 or 7 practices.

My son wanted to do it, I am worried about him being worn out after a long season, but we shall see.

he plays another sport during the late spring and summer
thefuninthenet

Post by thefuninthenet »

Are the bulldogs the only ones or ?

Post by Guest »

My son had fun at the Pro Hockey tryout today. Exceeded my expectations and was a fun setup.

Post by Guest »

Did anyone go to Toronto Elite Spring tryouts? How does it compare to others like Bulldogs and Pro Hockey?