Spring Hockey Tryouts U7 / U8 / U9

Re: Spring Hockey Tryouts U7 / U8 / U9

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:16 pm Did anyone receive the offers from PH for spring elite yet?
Team was allready made a month or two ago only looking for 2-3 players.
They will sell you on the AAA but most likely not elite if they haven’t reached out to you.

Post by Guest »

Try to get a spot on the Young Kings. They always win.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:28 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:16 pm Did anyone receive the offers from PH for spring elite yet?
Team was allready made a month or two ago only looking for 2-3 players.
They will sell you on the AAA but most likely not elite if they haven’t reached out to you.
what age group?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:02 pm Try to get a spot on the Young Kings. They always win.
Try to get a spot on the young kings if you want your kid benched while they play their top 3.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:58 am
Guest wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:02 pm Try to get a spot on the Young Kings. They always win.
Try to get a spot on the young kings if you want your kid benched while they play their top 3.
KV is just a good recruiter. Hasn’t developed a single kid on his own

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:23 am
Guest wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:58 am
KV is just a good recruiter. Hasn’t developed a single kid on his own
Exactly that. All his top kids are kids that he’s replaced his originals with.

Post by Guest »

Which of the 2016 coaches are getting the U10AAA teams in GTHL? I saw TE coaches wearing VK kersey; PH wearing DMF ; TBD - TM.

Who has the sens & rebels & JRC?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:13 am
Guest wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:03 am
Guest wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:34 am
Guest wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:37 am
Guest wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:41 pm Did anyone go to Toronto Elite Spring tryouts? How does it compare to others like Bulldogs and Pro Hockey?
They are as big a ripoff as the rest of these 'high end' spring programs. RUN!
CJ can at least run a good practice

ML runs good development skates for that age

Pro hockey gives you some young kid looking to make a name usually

I used to be all in on these spring tournaments and stuff but now I’m going to prioritize other things to develop my son and utilize tournaments and games as opportunities to put those teachings into practice.

It’ll be cheaper and he will get more out of it than 3 games in a day running on fumes
Where would you rank each of these 3? Are you planning to do mostly skills training instead?
Depends on the age group largely and also depends on what kind of relationship you want. CJ has always taken care of my son and my sons AAA coach is friends with him so it’s different for me. I try to play with them whenever asked

I do like MLs camps and stuff never played for them. I like that he doesn’t let my kid half ass through a drill

PHD gives you a brick shot but imo hasn’t offered much in the way of development, however that’s not really their job tho. They put together increasing better teams as the kids get closer to the Brick. For the U9s it will be a much more intense and comprehensive program compared to last year I’d imagine. I believe that they’re doing a couple of different tournaments away including Vegas

Do you want to pay 10k~ for one spring season though? Depends on how deep the pocket book runs and how much you value the experience for your child.
Lol. I love the toronto elite guys coming on here and acting like a parent. Keep pumping your own tires.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:17 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:13 am
Guest wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:03 am
Guest wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:34 am
Guest wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:37 am
Guest wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:41 pm Did anyone go to Toronto Elite Spring tryouts? How does it compare to others like Bulldogs and Pro Hockey?
They are as big a ripoff as the rest of these 'high end' spring programs. RUN!
CJ can at least run a good practice

ML runs good development skates for that age

Pro hockey gives you some young kid looking to make a name usually

I used to be all in on these spring tournaments and stuff but now I’m going to prioritize other things to develop my son and utilize tournaments and games as opportunities to put those teachings into practice.

It’ll be cheaper and he will get more out of it than 3 games in a day running on fumes
Where would you rank each of these 3? Are you planning to do mostly skills training instead?
Depends on the age group largely and also depends on what kind of relationship you want. CJ has always taken care of my son and my sons AAA coach is friends with him so it’s different for me. I try to play with them whenever asked

I do like MLs camps and stuff never played for them. I like that he doesn’t let my kid half ass through a drill

PHD gives you a brick shot but imo hasn’t offered much in the way of development, however that’s not really their job tho. They put together increasing better teams as the kids get closer to the Brick. For the U9s it will be a much more intense and comprehensive program compared to last year I’d imagine. I believe that they’re doing a couple of different tournaments away including Vegas

Do you want to pay 10k~ for one spring season though? Depends on how deep the pocket book runs and how much you value the experience for your child.
Lol. I love the toronto elite guys coming on here and acting like a parent. Keep pumping your own tires.
Development and spring hockey do not go together. It's about recruiting for a few tournaments, nothing more. Yes, you'll get some different practices and coaching but it's only for a short time. The best will only go TBD and PH elite because of the brick. TE is in the same boat as Everest, or Vision or Fully Charged or whatever else is out there. If your winter team sucks it can be nice to play with some better players. Think fun, not development.

Post by Guest »

Has anybody heard back from PH at the U7 or U8 ages yet? Were there open spots or is it mostly Duffield White for U8 and Duffield Black for U7?