Spring Hockey Tryouts U7 / U8 / U9

Spring Hockey Tryouts U7 / U8 / U9

Post by Guest »

Chat about Spring hockey tryouts, how they have been, how many kids were out, etc.

Re: Spring Hockey Tryouts U7 / U8 / U9

Post by Guest »

As a first time parent, I am curious what the costs look like?

I understand like fall teams that will probably vary. But, what about a team that is doing 3 or 4 local tournaments? What should that cost?

Post by Guest »

What is usual turnaround time between the tryout and hearing back from a team?

Post by Guest »

Anyone hear back from Bulldogs yet?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:21 pm Anyone hear back from Bulldogs yet?
Nothing yet still waiting.

Post by Guest »

They contacted me directly, asking if my son was interested in accepting a spot. We declined. Deciding not to do Spring hockey this year.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:37 am
They contacted me directly, asking if my son was interested in accepting a spot. We declined. Deciding not to do Spring hockey this year.
I got an email yesterday, looked like I was BCC'd asking if we would accept a spot. We did.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:39 am
I got an email yesterday, looked like I was BCC'd asking if we would accept a spot. We did.
As a parent in this group with an another player several years older, I recommend not paying some bs coach anything for spring hockey (unless it's part of your winter teams program). It is nothing but a cash grab. These professional coaches make it seem like your kid needs to play spring hockey to be successful but that is nothing but a lie. They want your money and nothing more. The hockey is awful, the coaches don't really coach and are usually running 3 or 4 teams at once and the price is astronomical for hockey that means absolutely nothing. Take half that money and put your kid in a good, reputable hockey school one or two days a week for training, and/or put him/her on a Canlan pickup team spring team for $300. If you don't believe me ask any parent with an older kid on a successful team what their summer routine is and you will hear the same story; they got suckered for years paying for spring, and now, in retrospect, they see how pointless it was.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:39 am
Which age group?

Post by Guest »

Dont worry.. ..everyone gets a spot.