OMHA u9 AAA full ice

OMHA u9 AAA full ice

Post by Guest »

How true is it that OMHA will be bringing back U9AAA full ice next year?

Re: OMHA u9 AAA full ice

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:58 pm How true is it that OMHA will be bringing back U9AAA full ice next year?
I haven't heard anything personally. It would be smart if they did - but I think they are truly too stubborn to do it.

Don't they already move to full ice mid season?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:09 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:58 pm How true is it that OMHA will be bringing back U9AAA full ice next year?
I haven't heard anything personally. It would be smart if they did - but I think they are truly too stubborn to do it.

Don't they already move to full ice mid season?
IMO if they bump everything up earlier one year Klevr is dead. If they don’t do it this year then Klevr takes over everything high level up until U9. Once entrenched they will expand to older age groups and will succeed.

Hockey Canada needs to wake up because they’ve already lost BC and Alberta to these rogue leagues and risk losing Ontario and Quebec now too.

At some point you need to listen to your clients or risk losing them to someone that will provide what their seeking.

Post by Guest »

OMHA will most likely not change anything but smart if they do.

Post by Guest »

OMHA will follow HC & OHF rules. Until those change the OMHA will not change.

To the poster on HC being replaced. That type of action is exactly what hockey actually needs.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:29 pm OMHA will follow HC & OHF rules. Until those change the OMHA will not change.

To the poster on HC being replaced. That type of action is exactly what hockey actually needs.
I would be SHOCKED if they did switch so quickly. It would be admitting that they are wrong for the changes they made. Also, I don't know that every kid SHOULD be doing full ice. I think it's great that there is both options right now.

Post by Guest »

Half ice is fine for younger age groups. Games should always be full ice. Half ice can be used in practices in the form of small area games. HC is stupid to move games to half ice. I mean for Tyke kids fine, not for minor and major novice...especially major novice.

Post by Guest »

U9 is minor novice, U10 is major.

There’s a place for half-ice at U5/U6 heck even U7 for the most part. Once they get to U8(Tyke) it should go to full.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:56 am U9 is minor novice, U10 is major.

There’s a place for half-ice at U5/U6 heck even U7 for the most part. Once they get to U8(Tyke) it should go to full.
There are some kids who just aren't ready for full ice developmentally.

I am not personally a fan of half ice, but I can see the value in having it for some kids. There is a huge variance in skill at this age from top to bottom.

House league
Select
MD T2
MD T1 (not official, but huge differences between teams that lost players to Klevr, and teams that didnt)
Full ice T2 (GTA Aces Black , Northern Saints Black)
Full ice T1 (Purple Cobras / Toronto stars, etc)
Full ice Elite (Klevr young kings, etc)

Quite frankly, there could be another level between almost all of the levels above - including things like GTHL, NYHL - sometimes mixed in with others.

The point I am trying to make, is you have 10,000 kids all the same age playing hockey and there could be 15 levels of hockey - and between those, one level would be almost like saying a guaranteed win or loss.

So KEEP half ice - it doesn't hurt anyone to exist. Its just another option.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:56 am U9 is minor novice, U10 is major.

No, U10 is minor atom.

U8 is minor novice and U9 is major novice by the old terms. Most centers outside of the OMHA don't even offer AAA at these age groups because it doesn't matter when they're 7 and 8 years old.