U8 MD York simcoe Minor

U8 MD York simcoe Minor

Post by Guest »

Which is the best team in the U8 York Simcoe Minor group? Has anyone compared between Klevr teams and these OMHA teams for this age group?

Re: U8 MD York simcoe Minor

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:01 pm Which is the best team in the U8 York Simcoe Minor group? Has anyone compared between Klevr teams and these OMHA teams for this age group?
They don't play each other, but its quite obvious that there is a huge disparity between U8MD teams even. The ones close to KSL teams in geography for the most part are pretty bad because their best players went elsewhere.

I saw one of the teams participating in a 3 on 3 tournament at NTR and they looked like house league players - most of them couldn't even stay on their feet.

But, I've also seen a couple MD teams from other areas (friends and Families kids play on them) and they are pretty good players - unfortunately playing half ice hockey - which makes them look a lot worse than they actually are. Good passing, good skating, decent shots.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:07 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:01 pm Which is the best team in the U8 York Simcoe Minor group? Has anyone compared between Klevr teams and these OMHA teams for this age group?
They don't play each other, but its quite obvious that there is a huge disparity between U8MD teams even. The ones close to KSL teams in geography for the most part are pretty bad because their best players went elsewhere.

I saw one of the teams participating in a 3 on 3 tournament at NTR and they looked like house league players - most of them couldn't even stay on their feet.

But, I've also seen a couple MD teams from other areas (friends and Families kids play on them) and they are pretty good players - unfortunately playing half ice hockey - which makes them look a lot worse than they actually are. Good passing, good skating, decent shots.
Wow that’s nuts. Is OMHA really becoming that bad? NYHL has lost full teams as well and many good players.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:28 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:07 am

Wow that’s nuts. Is OMHA really becoming that bad? NYHL has lost full teams as well and many good players.
I don't think ALL OMHA is becoming that bad. I think its just some centers were hit harder than others.

I am guessing, other than the obvious places players could move to, a lot of these players are driving a long ways to play on KSL or "other" teams.

Post by Guest »

Most teams have been impacted with kids leaving for Klevr. Klevr seems quite good at mid season.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:10 pm Most teams have been impacted with kids leaving for Klevr. Klevr seems quite good at mid season.

There is a pretty big tournament going on in Niagara falls right now, no scores posted. Is that a rule? I was curious if I could snoop around

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:42 am
Guest wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:10 pm Most teams have been impacted with kids leaving for Klevr. Klevr seems quite good at mid season.

There is a pretty big tournament going on in Niagara falls right now, no scores posted. Is that a rule? I was curious if I could snoop around
Klevr started the season posting scores, rosters, stats. Then they realized a ton of kids were double dipping, so did away with all that. For example, a lot of the 2015 Duffield White team are double dipping with the Jr Wings.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:59 am

Klevr started the season posting scores, rosters, stats. Then they realized a ton of kids were double dipping, so did away with all that. For example, a lot of the 2015 Duffield White team are double dipping with the Jr Wings.
They don't even have scores though lol is this a MD thing? No winners or losers?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:06 am

They don't even have scores though lol is this a MD thing? No winners or losers?
OMHA does not keep scores at this age group until 9. Keeping stats at a young age is not a good idea so good for Klevr. Keep stats will make players focus on hogging pucks and scoring vs team play and learning the game.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:32 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:06 am

OMHA does not keep scores at this age group until 9. Keeping stats at a young age is not a good idea so good for Klevr. Keep stats will make players focus on hogging pucks and scoring vs team play and learning the game.
Who the Not Allowed said stats!?! Not allowed scores. How do you have a tournament without listing who won and who lost? Wtf.