AAA hockey an unbalanced joke

Re: AAA hockey an unbalanced joke

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:41 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:43 am Seeing some of the scores across the different divisions and leagues. How can it be fun and competitive with the super teams cleaning up and blowing teams out. AAA has become such a joke now. Tampering is at an all time high. The leagues do nothing to combat the problem.
Can you provide examples?

I mean just looking at it quickly...

U10 7/12 Teams have winning records. The 8th team is at least in Double Digits. Top 3 are TM, VK. TYR

U11 6/12 Teams have winning records, with an additional 2 in double digit wins. Top 3 are TM, JRC, TYR. Couple of repeat teams but another competitive division as far as top 8 go.

U12 7/12 Teams have winning records. The 8th team is at least in Double Digits. Top 3 are NYR, JRC, TM. So far only TM have been top 3 in the first 3 age groups.

I'll skip over the next 3 age groups but you start to see new teams cracking the top 3 and top 5. Pretty much across the board you have 8 team with, or to close, winning records, with another 4 who struggle. Where is the stacking? TM is a storied franchise, but they have a couple of age levels with teams not in the top 3. Titans are up and down across age levels, Don MIlls the same, JRC the same...

Are there too many teams? Perhaps, but whats the alternative? Majors and Rangers near the bottom at u10 and u11. Those are established orgs. The only thing I would do if it were up to me would be to dump the Thunder Bay experiment.
JRC,TM and VK are always going to be atleast top 4 in most age groups. There are always "Random" orgs that have that 1 team that is incredible. 2009 Tt, 2010 MM, 2012 NYR. Those are teams that were dominant since first year and they all have a coaching staff that is good at recruiting and developing. If you coach at JRC, TM and VK and do not having a winning record you get fired and replaced by a MM coach that will repeat the cycle

Post by Guest »

Lots of cash grabs for AAA teams. Sadly preying on kids and their parents. Kids want the status of wearing a AAA jacket and the parents are delusional. Stop the madness!!!

Post by Guest »

The funniest is seeing the delusional parents in their kids teams gear. None of this will matter in a couple years, you do realize this is all a pipe dream right? Lol :lol:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:49 pm The funniest is seeing the delusional parents in their kids teams gear. None of this will matter in a couple years, you do realize this is all a pipe dream right? Lol :lol:
My kids play AA and I like wearing their team jackets because I like supporting my kids.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:49 pm The funniest is seeing the delusional parents in their kids teams gear. None of this will matter in a couple years, you do realize this is all a pipe dream right? Lol :lol:
Its nice to support your kids bud. How much of loser are you that this is the thing you hate? I've worn gear of my son when he played at every level, including other sports.

typically they are good quality clothes too.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:04 pm
Its nice to support your kids bud. How much of loser are you that this is the thing you hate? I've worn gear of my son when he played at every level, including other sports.

That’s pathetic. You sound like the dad who also thinks his kid is the superstar of the team and will be the next Matthews! Drink another beer, bud.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:08 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:04 pm

That’s pathetic. You sound like the dad who also thinks his kid is the superstar of the team and will be the next Matthews! Drink another beer, bud.
How...how could you possibly pull that out of what I said? Bud, they are nice clothes, and I like to cheer on my kid. The rest of my wardrobe is from Costco anyways.

You are a loser, my kids going to be the next Patrick Roy anyways.

Post by Guest »

My reasoning for thinking AAA level hockey is unbalanced may be the unpopular opinion. There are typically only 3 really good solid teams at all the age groups and the rest of the teams are just mid level players (bless their hearts, they try their best and are having fun usually) my son played for the NYR AAA and never won a game. This was a couple years ago. He ended up quitting the game because you know what..it isn’t fun to lose. They need to balance the teams. That’s my opinion.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:54 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:43 am Seeing some of the scores across the different divisions and leagues. How can it be fun and competitive with the super teams cleaning up and blowing teams out. AAA has become such a joke now. Tampering is at an all time high. The leagues do nothing to combat the problem.

U10 7/12 Teams have winning records. The 8th team is at least in Double Digits. Top 3 are TM, VK. TYR

U11 6/12 Teams have winning records, with an additional 2 in double digit wins. Top 3 are TM, JRC, TYR. Couple of repeat teams but another competitive division as far as top 8 go.

U12 7/12 Teams have winning records. The 8th team is at least in Double Digits. Top 3 are NYR, JRC, TM. So far only TM have been top 3 in the first 3 age groups.

I'll skip over the next 3 age groups but you start to see new teams cracking the top 3 and top 5. Pretty much across the board you have 8 team with, or to close, winning records, with another 4 who struggle. Where is the stacking? TM is a storied franchise, but they have a couple of age levels with teams not in the top 3. Titans are up and down across age levels, Don MIlls the same, JRC the same...

Are there too many teams? Perhaps, but whats the alternative? Majors and Rangers near the bottom at u10 and u11. Those are established orgs. The only thing I would do if it were up to me would be to dump the Thunder Bay experiment.
JRC,TM and VK are always going to be atleast top 4 in most age groups. There are always "Random" orgs that have that 1 team that is incredible. 2009 Tt, 2010 MM, 2012 NYR. Those are teams that were dominant since first year and they all have a coaching staff that is good at recruiting and developing. If you coach at JRC, TM and VK and do not having a winning record you get fired and replaced by a MM coach that will repeat the cycle
The logic on winning records might be the dumbest thing I have read on MHT - someone failed math. Doesn’t matter how many teams there are, if there are 6… the bottom couple will have losing records. LOL. Your stupidity made my day.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:43 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:54 pm

The logic on winning records might be the dumbest thing I have read on MHT - someone failed math. Doesn’t matter how many teams there are, if there are 6… the bottom couple will have losing records. LOL. Your stupidity made my day.
Yes and have an 0fer season. All that money down the drain.