AAA hockey an unbalanced joke

Re: AAA hockey an unbalanced joke

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:17 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:39 am no one cares about your feelings... get better and get on the good teams. The biggest issue is that good coaches only
go to to top teams. Anaheim ducks have been terrible the same as the MM have been terrible. change who runs the orgs and find good coaches who run good programs. Build it and they will come.
Completely agree with this. If you want balance, don't do AAA hockey in Toronto.
Same problem exists in AA. It's a GTHL wide problem.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:18 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:39 am no one cares about your feelings... get better and get on the good teams. The biggest issue is that good coaches only
go to to top teams. Anaheim ducks have been terrible the same as the MM have been terrible. change who runs the orgs and find good coaches who run good programs. Build it and they will come.
Completely agree with this. If you want balance, don't do AAA hockey in Toronto.
I’ve been trying for years to get my kid on a AAA team with no success. He’s the top scorer on his team right now and has had absolutely no offers even though we go to every tryout it’s all about who you pay off and who you know.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:23 pm
I’ve been trying for years to get my kid on a AAA team with no success. He’s the top scorer on his team right now and has had absolutely no offers even though we go to every tryout it’s all about who you pay off and who you know.
Maybe the problem is you? Seriously. No need to pay anyone off.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:33 pm
Well it’s not hard to figure out payoffs are happening when they are putting kids on teams that are not AAA material, to the point it’s embarrassing for the kid.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:40 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:33 pm
Well it’s not hard to figure out payoffs are happening when they are putting kids on teams that are not AAA material, to the point it’s embarrassing for the kid.
The good thing is that fees are way down at AAA versus 5 years ago. It is starting to become affordable.

Post by Guest »

It has spread to OMHA now too. Lots of back door deals by coaches and board members.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:34 pm

It has spread to OMHA now too. Lots of back door deals by coaches and board members.
Yeah, I’ve had a few people tell me parents were even buying C’s and A’s for their kids. So corrupt.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:37 pm

Yeah, I’ve had a few people tell me parents were even buying C’s and A’s for their kids. So corrupt.
If you need to pay to play you don’t belong. My kid plays on a top team and not the top kid but top 5 and I do t pay and he gets lots of ice. Simple as that.

For the guy above that said his kid is a top scorer in aa. There is a big leap between aa and aaa so it means nothing. Yes you probably see kids that may appear worse but you are also watching these kids in environments where they are a fish out of water

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:47 pm

If you need to pay to play you don’t belong. My kid plays on a top team and not the top kid but top 5 and I do t pay and he gets lots of ice. Simple as that.

For the guy above that said his kid is a top scorer in aa. There is a big leap between aa and aaa so it means nothing. Yes you probably see kids that may appear worse but you are also watching these kids in environments where they are a fish out of water

A lot of guys play years in the AHL and can’t make the leap

Post by Guest »

A lot of guys play years in the AHL and can’t make the leap
Not expecting NHL .. however, want to put him on the right track for a Div 1 Scholarship in Hockey.