AAA hockey an unbalanced joke

Re: AAA hockey an unbalanced joke

Post by Guest »

So just to be crystal clear to the dumb hockey dads on here like myself, who never grew up watching the game and really have basic to very little knowledge of what coaches or scouts are looking for, you are saying that just because my son has the most goals on his team (AA) right now doesn’t mean he can necessarily make a bottom level team on AAA?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:37 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:34 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:18 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:17 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:39 am no one cares about your feelings... get better and get on the good teams. The biggest issue is that good coaches only
go to to top teams. Anaheim ducks have been terrible the same as the MM have been terrible. change who runs the orgs and find good coaches who run good programs. Build it and they will come.
Completely agree with this. If you want balance, don't do AAA hockey in Toronto.

Same problem exists in AA. It's a GTHL wide problem.
It has spread to OMHA now too. Lots of back door deals by coaches and board members.
Yeah, I’ve had a few people tell me parents were even buying C’s and A’s for their kids. So corrupt.
Can confirm, the C went to the kid who's parents gave the coach a ton of extras.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:46 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:39 am no one cares about your feelings... get better and get on the good teams. The biggest issue is that good coaches only
go to to top teams. Anaheim ducks have been terrible the same as the MM have been terrible. change who runs the orgs and find good coaches who run good programs. Build it and they will come.
Completely agree with this. If you want balance, don't do AAA hockey in Toronto.

It has spread to OMHA now too. Lots of back door deals by coaches and board members.
Yeah, I’ve had a few people tell me parents were even buying C’s and A’s for their kids. So corrupt.
Can confirm, the C went to the kid who's parents gave the coach a ton of extras.
One the coaches gave the C to the kid who’s parents bought new uniforms and paid for the bus for the tournament but I didn’t care because that was a lot of money. The parents were loaded lawyers.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:51 pm

One the coaches gave the C to the kid who’s parents bought new uniforms and paid for the bus for the tournament but I didn’t care because that was a lot of money. The parents were loaded lawyers.
Or the C goes to a player that can communicate between the refs and the bench :roll: :roll:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:00 pm

Or the C goes to a player that can communicate between the refs and the bench :roll: :roll:
You would hope that’s how it would work but not always. One team my kid was on the C went to an ESL player who barely spoke English

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:55 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:47 pm

If you need to pay to play you don’t belong. My kid plays on a top team and not the top kid but top 5 and I do t pay and he gets lots of ice. Simple as that.

For the guy above that said his kid is a top scorer in aa. There is a big leap between aa and aaa so it means nothing. Yes you probably see kids that may appear worse but you are also watching these kids in environments where they are a fish out of water

A lot of guys play years in the AHL and can’t make the leap
Not expecting NHL .. however, want to put him on the right track for a Div 1 Scholarship in Hockey.

Honestly dude?! You're such a f*ckin loser. Do you know how hard it is to get a d1 scholarship?? Idiot. Get a clue. This isn't the 70's. You're probably the guy that says, "Either d1 or ohl, but the ohl's where the real money is at", as if they get paid. Just piss off idiot, leave this to the big boys

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:43 pm

If you need to pay to play you don’t belong. My kid plays on a top team and not the top kid but top 5 and I do t pay and he gets lots of ice. Simple as that.

For the guy above that said his kid is a top scorer in aa. There is a big leap between aa and aaa so it means nothing. Yes you probably see kids that may appear worse but you are also watching these kids in environments where they are a fish out of water

Not expecting NHL .. however, want to put him on the right track for a Div 1 Scholarship in Hockey.

Honestly dude?! You're such a f*ckin loser. Do you know how hard it is to get a d1 scholarship?? Idiot. Get a clue. This isn't the 70's. You're probably the guy that says, "Either d1 or ohl, but the ohl's where the real money is at", as if they get paid. Just piss off idiot, leave this to the big boys

These retard dads think all the American universities are going to be knocking down the doors for their kids to play hockey at them and they’re going to get a free ride for four years for a full scholarship. Stop living your dreams through your kids. Work on yourself and get your own hobbies.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:06 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:00 pm

You would hope that’s how it would work but not always. One team my kid was on the C went to an ESL player who barely spoke English
I heard a team gave the C to a kid who's parents loaned their cottage and gave other perks to the coach. Even after the players voted for a different C. Nothing is on merit anymore

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:43 pm

Here's a concept to consider... don't let your kid's name show up on a M JrA roster ... play Tier II Jr A while attending school.. let them play to the age limit.. then explore NCAA and get their Masters at the same time. NCAA D1 take stronger, more mature players all the time, but if your kid has their name on a M Jr game sheet even if they never play a single shift, they become ineligible for NCAA