LJK 2 Tier AA

LJK 2 Tier AA

Post by Guest »

Thoughts? I am not sure I understand the rationale for having a Tier 1 and 2 AA system.

Re: LJK 2 Tier AA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:21 am Thoughts? I am not sure I understand the rationale for having a Tier 1 and 2 AA system.

There isn’t any that’s why it’s confusing

Post by Guest »

LJK doesn't have a clue what they are doing. That's why they are introducing this stupid idea of having 2 tiers. It's going to be a huge failure. The only bright spot is that it will break up the buddy system on these AA teams. To be honest though, I think London could probably have 2 AAA teams.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:17 am LJK doesn't have a clue what they are doing. That's why they are introducing this stupid idea of having 2 tiers. It's going to be a huge failure. The only bright spot is that it will break up the buddy system on these AA teams. To be honest though, I think London could probably have 2 AAA teams.
London has tried 2 AAA teams it was a massive failure. Going to tiered AA teams is a good idea, gets on the same page with other AA programs in the province. If you’re angry about it, it’s because your kid won’t be on the top team. Those on the top tier AA team are going to be thrilled and develop a lot better.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:21 am Thoughts? I am not sure I understand the rationale for having a Tier 1 and 2 AA system.
Its done this way so they can finally justify having a Single A calibre team under the LJK banner. The current situation is Kids tryout for LJK AA and 1 of the 2 LJK teams is so poorly picked or coached that they are auto demote to single A for the season and its NOT what the parents or kids signed up for! If i were parents cut from LJK AA tier 1, I would go straight to Mustangs. A farrrrrrrrr better Asociation and you get the same tourneys and league play.

Post by Guest »

Ljk is a total mess. They mismanage everything. There really isn’t enough talent for 2 AA teams in London for a start. Everything gets watered down with the introduction of 2 teams at the single A and AA levels. Mediocrity is par for the course in London. The split is usually West London vs North London. All heavily driven by politics and pathetic parents who have to get their big fat noses involved because little John John is not good enough with mommy and daddy’s involvement.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:59 am Ljk is a total mess. They mismanage everything. There really isn’t enough talent for 2 AA teams in London for a start. Everything gets watered down with the introduction of 2 teams at the single A and AA levels. Mediocrity is par for the course in London. The split is usually West London vs North London. All heavily driven by politics and pathetic parents who have to get their big fat noses involved because little John John is not good enough with mommy and daddy’s involvement.
A total mess but they’re trying something new to see if this is better for the organization. If there isn’t enough talent, this is going to show it. Maybe they switch to just one AA team after a few years. Who knows… at least they’re doing something different instead of the same old.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:16 am
Its done this way so they can finally justify having a Single A calibre team under the LJK banner. The current situation is Kids tryout for LJK AA and 1 of the 2 LJK teams is so poorly picked or coached that they are auto demote to single A for the season and its NOT what the parents or kids signed up for! If i were parents cut from LJK AA tier 1, I would go straight to Mustangs. A farrrrrrrrr better Asociation and you get the same tourneys and league play.
Next year you won’t. Mustangs are moving from alliance. They’ll play smaller centres.

Going to 2 tiered AA teams is going to be so much better for kids development. There’s too many weak kids playing AA that shouldn’t be because of the two teams. Our family is happy about the change and others are as well. Anyone unhappy probably will be on the second team and knows it.

Post by Guest »

So wait the tier 2 AA team will have to play the tier 1 AA team? I don't get it. There really should just be the 1 AA team and if your kid doesn't make it you play single A until you are good enough to make AA. Having a tiered system isn't going to help the better AA team as they'll be playing weak compeition. Kind of like how it is now with these other centres that do not pull from the same pool of kids that London does. It's just a dumb decision all around. LJK has to keep those second tier teams for the $$$$. As if they care about development. If they truly cared the majority of these parent coaches would be gone! Or never selected in the first place. Look at the U13 White team. Coaches kid should never have made AA and yet because dad coaches he auto makes it. How stupid is that? Oh but better for development. Yada yada yada.

Post by Guest »

Dude most of the kids of parent coaches are not very good. It sucks but this is just how it works when parents are involved.