2024 OHL Draft 2008 Age Group

Re: 2024 OHL Draft 2008 Age Group

Post by Guest »

Wondering how many drafted players will actually play OHL next year? And how many will make a JR A team? So then how many of the 301 drafted, will be fighting for spots on U18AAA teams? Anyone have numbers from the 06 and 07 age groups to break this down?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:18 pm Wondering how many drafted players will actually play OHL next year? And how many will make a JR A team? So then how many of the 301 drafted, will be fighting for spots on U18AAA teams? Anyone have numbers from the 06 and 07 age groups to break this down?
07 group has roughly 140 (give or take a few that I missed) who were drafted and played more than 10 games at any Jr level. Reason I use 10 games is that anyone who played more than that can’t be an AP anymore. At that point you are on a Jr card. The Jr. leagues I’m using are: OHL, OJHL, CCHL, GOJHL, NOJHL.

I didn’t include any that stayed in the states and may be playing USHL, NAHL, NCDC.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:52 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:18 pm Wondering how many drafted players will actually play OHL next year? And how many will make a JR A team? So then how many of the 301 drafted, will be fighting for spots on U18AAA teams? Anyone have numbers from the 06 and 07 age groups to break this down?
07 group has roughly 140 (give or take a few that I missed) who were drafted and played more than 10 games at any Jr level. Reason I use 10 games is that anyone who played more than that can’t be an AP anymore. At that point you are on a Jr card. The Jr. leagues I’m using are: OHL, OJHL, CCHL, GOJHL, NOJHL.

I didn’t include any that stayed in the states and may be playing USHL, NAHL, NCDC.
Thank you. That’s super helpful.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:39 am

Thank you. That’s super helpful.
That number is higher than i thought it would be. Southern Ontario is saturated with JR B teams and they are alot easier to make.

Post by Guest »

Interesting. How did you make that calculation of 140? Did you go to each team in each league and look up 07s? or does each league have that stat somewhere?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:21 am

Interesting. How did you make that calculation of 140? Did you go to each team in each league and look up 07s? or does each league have that stat somewhere?
You can find it quickly by clicking league points by rookies. Then just count the 07’s.
I didn’t do that for OHL but allotted 40 that are on full cards. Thats the first two rounds. I feel that number may be closer to 50.
OJHL 12
GOJHL 42
CCHL 14
NOJHL 15

So that’s 123-133. Then you have ones in the states. So 140 is about the top IMO.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:15 pm

You can find it quickly by clicking league points by rookies. Then just count the 07’s.
I didn’t do that for OHL but allotted 40 that are on full cards. Thats the first two rounds. I feel that number may be closer to 50.
OJHL 12
GOJHL 42
CCHL 14
NOJHL 15

So that’s 123-133. Then you have ones in the states. So 140 is about the top IMO.
54, 07 kids played 10 games or more in the OHL this season.
So the numbers above are pretty accurate.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:52 am

OJHL 12
GOJHL 42
CCHL 14
NOJHL 15

OHL have four 16-year-old cards each (they tend to use their picks round 1-4 but send a couple up and down if they have affiliated teams). OJHL and I believe GOJHL have only two 16-year-old cards each for full time and can AP as many 16's as they wish (for max 10 games). The 16's can AP to an OJHL and a GOJHL team if they are playing U18. Many of the players in the second half of the draft do that and go to O or Jr at 17 when there aren't max numbers for the age.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:25 am

OJHL 12
GOJHL 42
CCHL 14
NOJHL 15

OHL have four 16-year-old cards each (they tend to use their picks round 1-4 but send a couple up and down if they have affiliated teams). OJHL and I believe GOJHL have only two 16-year-old cards each for full time and can AP as many 16's as they wish (for max 10 games). The 16's can AP to an OJHL and a GOJHL team if they are playing U18. Many of the players in the second half of the draft do that and go to O or Jr at 17 when there aren't max numbers for the age.
By giving the nuts proper information it will only serve to ratchet up their anxiety and panic about making a team whether it be O OJ GOJ or u18
Most of the nuts need to believe the numbers for each are higher otherwise how are they going to explain to their kid about why they fell all the way from first round potential to playing AA next season

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:59 am
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:25 am

OJHL 12
GOJHL 42
CCHL 14
NOJHL 15

By giving the nuts proper information it will only serve to ratchet up their anxiety and panic about making a team whether it be O OJ GOJ or u18
Most of the nuts need to believe the numbers for each are higher otherwise how are they going to explain to their kid about why they fell all the way from first round potential to playing AA next season
That’s why o only posted numbers of kids who played 10 games or more. If they played less in the OHL, then they played 10 at least in GOjHL, OJHL, CCHL or NOJHL. I don’t know of many, if any that played u18 and also played a game in the OHL that is an 07.

So again, 140 is about the number that played at least 10 jr hockey games from last years draft. That would make them a full time Jr player for the purpose of this discussion.
So 160ish other kids were fighting for u18 spots.

And yes, the nuts want to believe there are more spots…..but there aren’t…..lol. Sorry guys, better get working the u18 phones.