2024 OHL Draft 2008 Age Group

Re: 2024 OHL Draft 2008 Age Group

Post by Guest »

How'd all those Russians on the Red Wings and DMF do in the draft?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:56 am How'd all those Russians on the Red Wings and DMF do in the draft?
Unless they’ve been here more than one year they weren’t eligible.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:58 am
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:56 am How'd all those Russians on the Red Wings and DMF do in the draft?
Unless they’ve been here more than one year they weren’t eligible.
All they are good for is eating up spots of local kids. All the good Russian players are in Russia. The good ones don't come over for minor hockey. The leagues (GHTHL & OMHA) and governing Body (OHF) should really crack down on this.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:38 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:38 am Let’s get real here. This Draft is just a joke now. When you see Walters kid getting drafted it’s obvious to see that parents are paying for picks. The kids know, the parents know, even John knows his kid should have never been drafted. Embarrassing.
Let's also get real. The draft should be about 3-5 rounds at most. If you're going to force these teams to make all these long shot picks, I don't blame them one bit for selling off later round picks if parents are silly enough to pay for it as I sincerely doubt OHL teams have spent a huge amount of time parsing the specific difference between Barrie's 4th Dman vs North Yorks 8th forward vs the backup goalie from Sudbury.
Walters group had 5 on Barrie drafted, 5 on Oakville drafted and 4 on Markham.. probably used that for some pull for his kid

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:38 am
Guest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:38 am Let’s get real here. This Draft is just a joke now. When you see Walters kid getting drafted it’s obvious to see that parents are paying for picks. The kids know, the parents know, even John knows his kid should have never been drafted. Embarrassing.
Let's also get real. The draft should be about 3-5 rounds at most. If you're going to force these teams to make all these long shot picks, I don't blame them one bit for selling off later round picks if parents are silly enough to pay for it as I sincerely doubt OHL teams have spent a huge amount of time parsing the specific difference between Barrie's 4th Dman vs North Yorks 8th forward vs the backup goalie from Sudbury.
Walters group had 5 on Barrie drafted, 5 on Oakville drafted and 4 on Markham.. probably used that for some pull for his kid
Current going rate for a draft pick by Niagara is $50-60,000 from what I hear. Not sure what it is on other teams.