Coaches Commiting to a player/family and then De-Committing / cutting

Re: Coaches Commiting to a player/family and then De-Committing / cutting

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:01 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:50 am
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:44 pm I saw on another chat the 2011 Toros coach decommited to a bunch of players. Sent it on team snap. Someone posted the email. Have to try and find it.
THis?

This email a coach sent on TeamSnap is making its rounds. One example of how the league operates and how associations are run.

[U13 Toros AA] Toros 24/25 Season

Gianluca Fuoco has sent a message on
TeamSnap.

Good evening parents,
Sending this email as unfortunately, given how the last 5 weeks have unfolded, I have been put in the position to retract all commitments that I have made up until this point.

Moving forward all players will be on a tryout basis, starting with our practice Sunday afternoon.

See everyone at tomorrows game

APR coaches are famous for this. Buyer beware of promises made but are retracted at a later date. In some cases a card is signed and then ripped up after the fact.
I'm curious how coaches "rip up signed cards" when everything went digital a couple years ago... Did they enter the matrix? If you're going to make up stuff, make it believable.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:27 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:44 pm I saw on another chat the 2011 Toros coach decommited to a bunch of players. Sent it on team snap. Someone posted the email. Have to try and find it.
THis?

This email a coach sent on TeamSnap is making its rounds. One example of how the league operates and how associations are run.

TeamSnap.

Good evening parents,
Sending this email as unfortunately, given how the last 5 weeks have unfolded, I have been put in the position to retract all commitments that I have made up until this point.

Moving forward all players will be on a tryout basis, starting with our practice Sunday afternoon.

APR coaches are famous for this. Buyer beware of promises made but are retracted at a later date. In some cases a card is signed and then ripped up after the fact.
I'm curious how coaches "rip up signed cards" when everything went digital a couple years ago... Did they enter the matrix? If you're going to make up stuff, make it believable.
Ask the parents and kids if it was a joke. Coach made an offer to players and both signed the offer. Coach changes his mind for various reasons and the Players have no choice but to go elsewhere. True story in APR u16. Org did nothing about it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:40 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:27 pm
THis?

TeamSnap.

Good evening parents,

Ask the parents and kids if it was a joke. Coach made an offer to players and both signed the offer. Coach changes his mind for various reasons and the Players have no choice but to go elsewhere. True story in APR u16. Org did nothing about it.
Any team can release a player before Nov 15. The purpose of the player card is to protect the org, from families that try to leave without paying their fees. Orgs hold the card until all fees are paid.

Be thankful it happened early and no money owing. It could happen Nov 14 and the outgoing family would only get a partial refund.

Post by Guest »

This kind of goes hand in hand with the other post about the Birthday skates, etc.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:18 pm This kind of goes hand in hand with the other post about the Birthday skates, etc.
I don't see the connection...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:40 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:18 pm This kind of goes hand in hand with the other post about the Birthday skates, etc.
I would imagine the birthday skates the coach was holding made him go back on his commitments. (i.e. found potentially better players)

Like the other thread mentioned they all do it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:26 pm
I would imagine the birthday skates the coach was holding made him go back on his commitments. (i.e. found potentially better players)

Bday skates happen way before players sign cards. I don’t see how this would impact a player after cards are signed.

Player cards and signed players are tracked by HC and when a signed player is released, the org has to request a new player card for the incoming player. More people on multiple levels are involved in the transaction. A coach wouldn’t do this unless he has a good reason.

De-commiting a verbal commit is unethical…and it’s more common for parents to de-commit than coaches.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:47 pm

Bday skates happen way before players sign cards. I don’t see how this would impact a player after cards are signed.

Player cards and signed players are tracked by HC and when a signed player is released, the org has to request a new player card for the incoming player. More people on multiple levels are involved in the transaction. A coach wouldn’t do this unless he has a good reason.

De-commiting a verbal commit is unethical…and it’s more common for parents to de-commit than coaches.
Not true. At AAA it’s pretty common for coaches to recommit at any point. Mainly because someone with more cash was willing to pay to play. Happens more than you know.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:44 am

Not true. At AAA it’s pretty common for coaches to recommit at any point. Mainly because someone with more cash was willing to pay to play. Happens more than you know.
*decommit

Post by Guest »

*decommit
AAA coaches decommit for cash...common? Lol

Only a handful of guys (at each age group) are "paying" for a spot and most people know who they are.Those spots are sealed early enough that coaches aren't decommiting for more cash.

They do it for what they believe is a top 6F or 3D or top goalie. Then a bunch of kids shift down a notch in the pecking order. If the second centre doesn't want to play wing or F6 doesn't want to play on the 3rd line, then they go looking for a top 6 spot on another team. But if that kid is willing to make room for the incoming player, then somebody on the 3rd line becomes F10 or they're out. Coaches don't decommit a 3rd line winger for another 3rd line winger.