Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:34 am
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:44 am
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:44 am
Guest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:47 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:26 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:40 pm

I don't see the connection...
I would imagine the birthday skates the coach was holding made him go back on his commitments. (i.e. found potentially better players)

Like the other thread mentioned they all do it.
Bday skates happen way before players sign cards. I don’t see how this would impact a player after cards are signed.

Player cards and signed players are tracked by HC and when a signed player is released, the org has to request a new player card for the incoming player. More people on multiple levels are involved in the transaction. A coach wouldn’t do this unless he has a good reason.

De-commiting a verbal commit is unethical…and it’s more common for parents to de-commit than coaches.
Not true. At AAA it’s pretty common for coaches to recommit at any point. Mainly because someone with more cash was willing to pay to play. Happens more than you know.
*decommit
AAA coaches decommit for cash...common? Lol

Only a handful of guys (at each age group) are "paying" for a spot and most people know who they are.Those spots are sealed early enough that coaches aren't decommiting for more cash.

They do it for what they believe is a top 6F or 3D or top goalie. Then a bunch of kids shift down a notch in the pecking order. If the second centre doesn't want to play wing or F6 doesn't want to play on the 3rd line, then they go looking for a top 6 spot on another team. But if that kid is willing to make room for the incoming player, then somebody on the 3rd line becomes F10 or they're out. Coaches don't decommit a 3rd line winger for another 3rd line winger.
This is the most likely scenario of decommits. More often than not coaches have a team of 8F/5D/2G early on so that if a top end player comes they have room on the roster without actually decommiting. Does it happen that really late in the process someone shows up - 100% and unfortuntately the outcome is the #9F or #6D get told that they no longer have a spot. As others have said, the more common scenario is a parent tells the coach their kid is no longer coming and that leads to a mad scramble for the team