Brick 2024

Re: Brick 2024

Post by Guest »

Does it really cost $15k?

My kid is good, but probably not good enough - and I don't play the games of politics - so I know my kids not going. But even if he was asked, I can't afford that. Geeze.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:41 am Does it really cost $15k?

My kid is good, but probably not good enough - and I don't play the games of politics - so I know my kids not going. But even if he was asked, I can't afford that. Geeze.
How much goes into ML or better yet RL's pocket per player?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:38 pm

How much goes into ML or better yet RL's pocket per player?
per player? probably $800

Post by Guest »

my kid went a few years ago. 5k for feels plus travel. The 5K includes all equipment, spring tournaments (3 others) and gear. Hotel was about 2k. Flights can range from 300 to 1K. If you are going. Book flights as soon as you know. Prices go up.

Post by Guest »

any other thoughts on this? Seems like Red Wings or Toronto will win the whole thing.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:47 pm any other thoughts on this? Seems like Red Wings or Toronto will win the whole thing.
You have no idea until you get there. My 2011 sons team crushed everyone in the pre tournaments and came up short at the brick. It’s different once you’re there smaller ice, boards, big crowd etc it’s really a different game

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:56 pm
Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:47 pm any other thoughts on this? Seems like Red Wings or Toronto will win the whole thing.
You have no idea until you get there. My 2011 sons team crushed everyone in the pre tournaments and came up short at the brick. It’s different once you’re there smaller ice, boards, big crowd etc it’s really a different game
yeah I thought my kids team had a chance of winning the whole until this past weekend.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 pm Paying 15k to play hockey in a mall over a few days doesn’t mean anything. If you have the money go for it. Prior to skills money is the first prerequisite. So not all the top kids play in the Brick nor did McDavid.
McDavid was injured that’s why he didn’t play. It’s the best youth tournament there is. Your kid obviously isn’t good enough and your angry about that.
Look enjoy it if your kid is going, stay in the moment, awesome memories and it's amazing fun for the kids. Some of the best hockey memories, it's cool. No need to say otherwise.

To the parents, all that said just remember nothing matters until these kids hit 12/13. Good luck everyone.
The Brick is not only the best tournament of your minor hockey career, it is the one that will define you as a 'Brick' kid for the next 4-5 years. You will be AAA, be on the best teams, carry a C or an A, build leadership, be in line for the best development coaches, make provincial/national teams, set you up for hockey post G/OMHA .. Brick is not the only thing, it is everything. Get your kid on a Brick team.

Post by Guest »

Cost is about $8000-$9000 from one of the Ontario teams. Includes all the tournaments you go to plus all the uniforms and outfits required to wear daily.

Additional costs:

flights $500-$800 per person
hotel $200 a night ($2000)
outfits for spectators $500
rental car if needed $2000
tryout cost $500 each team per year
hotels at away tournaments other than Edmonton Pro goes to Vermont, BD go to Pensylvania ($1500 for gas and hotel)
Dining out for 10 days

Expensive spring hockey

Re: Brick 2024re

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:16 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 am
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 pm Paying 15k to play hockey in a mall over a few days doesn’t mean anything. If you have the money go for it. Prior to skills money is the first prerequisite. So not all the top kids play in the Brick nor did McDavid.
McDavid was injured that’s why he didn’t play. It’s the best youth tournament there is. Your kid obviously isn’t good enough and your angry about that.
Look enjoy it if your kid is going, stay in the moment, awesome memories and it's amazing fun for the kids. Some of the best hockey memories, it's cool. No need to say otherwise.

To the parents, all that said just remember nothing matters until these kids hit 12/13. Good luck everyone.
The Brick is not only the best tournament of your minor hockey career, it is the one that will define you as a 'Brick' kid for the next 4-5 years. You will be AAA, be on the best teams, carry a C or an A, build leadership, be in line for the best development coaches, make provincial/national teams, set you up for hockey post G/OMHA .. Brick is not the only thing, it is everything. Get your kid on a Brick team.
Unfortunately there are other parents ruining it for some. Parents who think their kid is better than the others, parents who think some kids are holding the team back from winning and not being quiet about it. The teams have been picked. Just shut your mouth and enjoy it.