Good players held hostage - Bad players given releases

Re: Good players held hostage - Bad players given releases

Post by Guest »

So my son could get cut by his home Center... get on with a bordering AAA team and light it up for a season... but then he would have to come back to his home center the following year for tryouts?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:38 pm So my son could get cut by his home Center... get on with a bordering AAA team and light it up for a season... but then he would have to come back to his home center the following year for tryouts?
Yes

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:40 am
Guest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:38 pm So my son could get cut by his home Center... get on with a bordering AAA team and light it up for a season... but then he would have to come back to his home center the following year for tryouts?
Yes
I don't think that is true.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:51 am
Yes
It is

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:01 am
Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:51 am
Yes
It is
100% it is

Post by Guest »

If your son went to a bordering AAA team on an F1 and wanted to play for that team the next season, no need to go back to your home centre. Once you get the F1 you're good to go if you stay on that team. If you want to switch to a different team the following season, then yes you need to go back to your home centre to get a new release.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:07 am
If your son went to a bordering AAA team on an F1 and wanted to play for that team the next season, no need to go back to your home centre. Once you get the F1 you're good to go if you stay on that team. If you want to switch to a different team the following season, then yes you need to go back to your home centre to get a new release.
That is how I believe it is... unless different leagues have different rules.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:07 am
This is only true for the minor year. for example if you got a release in your son's U12 year, you do not need one to return to the same team in his U13 year. Unless you're in the LOR, in which case you need to obtain a release every year.

Post by Guest »

Don't forget, there is NO movement sideways at AA and A which is very frustrating as well.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:40 am Don't forget, there is NO movement sideways at AA and A which is very frustrating as well.
This is very frustrating. Stuck with bully coaches and uncaring associations thanks to the no lateral movement rule in the OMHA.