2023 OHL Draft

All Team and Association topics here

Re: 2023 OHL Draft

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:31 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:18 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:40 pm First 3 Rounds (top 62 picks)

GTHL - 26

OMHA - 20

ALLIANCE - 7

USA - 6

HEO - 1

OTHER (North league, Jr B etc) - 3
GTHL with the highest number of kids playing hockey and the most opportunities to train, be seen and get scouted have roughly an equal amount of picks as the OMHA whom people trash.
OMHA seems like the a solid place to play, and maybe some better opportunities to play.
Outside of the super elite players in the G, Seems like the development happens more on the outside.

Ridiculous argument. How is the development better when they have less picks? The G had the same number of pucks as OMHA and Alliance COMBINED baby. That says it all. Parent coaches and pond hockey don’t make good players.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:36 pm

GTHL - 26

OMHA - 20

ALLIANCE - 7

USA - 6

HEO - 1

GTHL with the highest number of kids playing hockey and the most opportunities to train, be seen and get scouted have roughly an equal amount of picks as the OMHA whom people trash.
OMHA seems like the a solid place to play, and maybe some better opportunities to play.
Outside of the super elite players in the G, Seems like the development happens more on the outside.
Population of Ontario is 15 mil.
Population of GTA is 7 mil
Population of OMHA cities is roughly 4 mil

And given the OMHA kids playing in the G

You might say that 20 kids in the first 3 rounds OMHA is really good. And maybe it’s better being a big dog on an average team than just another player on a top tier team.
Spots are bought
Buddies have kids drafted
Scouts draft their own kids

Let’s be real. Some kids earned it. But I have never seen a draft with so many kids not called who deserve to be called. It was a disgrace. Hopefully talent over money prevails.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:33 pm

GTHL - 26

OMHA - 20

ALLIANCE - 7

USA - 6

HEO - 1

You might say that 20 kids in the first 3 rounds OMHA is really good. And maybe it’s better being a big dog on an average team than just another player on a top tier team.
Spots are bought

Let’s be real. Some kids earned it. But I have never seen a draft with so many kids not called who deserve to be called. It was a disgrace. Hopefully talent over money prevails.
How about the 87 OMHA picks to lead the way. That’s not counting all the OMHA players in the G that got taken. Would have been over 100. It’s OK GTHL, second isn’t that bad.

Post by Guest »

GTHL - 26

OMHA - 20

ALLIANCE - 7

USA - 6

HEO - 1

Spots are bought

These two entries. On point.
here's a gem for the doubters:

7 123 Niagara Mitchell, Douglas C 5.09 147 04/26/2007 Toronto Titans U16 AAA GTHL

0 goals

Follow the bread crumbs.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:52 am

GTHL - 26

OMHA - 20

ALLIANCE - 7

USA - 6

HEO - 1

Spots are bought

These two entries. On point.
here's a gem for the doubters:

7 123 Niagara Mitchell, Douglas C 5.09 147 04/26/2007 Toronto Titans U16 AAA GTHL

0 goals

Follow the bread crumbs.
OR

15th rd Cruz Ferguson from Niagara. LW. 5.04. 117.
Drafted by Saginaw. 6 pts in 20 games

Post by Guest »

GTHL - 26

OMHA - 20

ALLIANCE - 7

USA - 6

HEO - 1

Spots are bought

Couldn't agree more. And it is obvious who bought spots.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:21 am

GTHL - 26

OMHA - 20

ALLIANCE - 7

USA - 6

HEO - 1

Spots are bought

Couldn't agree more. And it is obvious who bought spots.
My kid didn't get drafted and I could have afforded to buy him a spot but something feels seriously wrong with that. Could just never do it. Not teaching a good life lesson, better to make it based on your talents. The kids that buy spots don't get far anyways.

Post by Guest »

Yesterday when the draft ended it was one of the best days of the year.

I am sure there are lots of teams with dont know how to skate Daddies and dont know offisde Mommies who went on and on over the last 8 yrs about how good their kid is and that their current team is brutal and their kid is going to the promised land in Bantam or M Midget to be seen. How they worried about what spring team they played on, how they would tell you about all the ELITE spring tournaments they attended to be seen and drop the names of the truly talented their kid passed the puck to. Now the joy looks for to the look of sheer and utter disappointment come the fall when Midget tryouts kick off.

To those who were annoyed I raise my glass to you...to those Daddies and Mommies I say :lol:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:54 am Yesterday when the draft ended it was one of the best days of the year.

I am sure there are lots of teams with dont know how to skate Daddies and dont know offisde Mommies who went on and on over the last 8 yrs about how good their kid is and that their current team is brutal and their kid is going to the promised land in Bantam or M Midget to be seen. How they worried about what spring team they played on, how they would tell you about all the ELITE spring tournaments they attended to be seen and drop the names of the truly talented their kid passed the puck to. Now the joy looks for to the look of sheer and utter disappointment come the fall when Midget tryouts kick off.

To those who were annoyed I raise my glass to you...to those Daddies and Mommies I say :lol:
Dude, you really rehearsed this speech.
Nice. Now get lost. This forum is now only for those of us who KNOW what’s going on. Shoo, stick your head back into the kitty litter.
You can’t defend this. It’s happening. Unless you’re part of it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:54 am Yesterday when the draft ended it was one of the best days of the year.

The funny thing is, during all of those elite tournaments and AAA practices, their kids were still in the mix. Something I doubt your
Kid was ever in. They don’t scout AA bud.