Re: 2015 AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:00 am
Guest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:56 am
Guest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:51 am
Guest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:46 am
Guest wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:58 am
Guest wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:18 am
All true. Add the Majors to that analysis though.
Lmao the MM cuts are here again.
Never skated w the MM, nor play against them (was in KSL last year), but the MM team seems like a 'where there's smoke, there is fire' situation. From an outsider looking in, there seemed to be a lot of kids that jumped ship, and a lot of bitter parents as per some of the posts here. Not sure what the deal is with the management there, or how the team selections/invitations were done, or what the deal is, but this group has a 'proceed with caution', imo.
Absolutely bang on right on this point. Whenever I think about a team for my boy, first thing I do is check this board for insider info on them.
Hahaha - totally, this board is nothing but facts...
BOOK IT
The Book It imposter strikes again!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:34 am
Guest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:33 am
Guest wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:56 am
Guest wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:10 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:50 pm
Guest wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:22 pm
Odds are there will be a a few of those ww kids going into the g in coming years.
More like going back to the G, heard there are very few kids from Whitby on that team. KV used Klevr to recruit a super team. I only know 3 kids that are 100% from other OMHA zones, but I only know 2 kids are Whitby on that team… Wouldn’t surprise me if some kids are driving North.
Wtf are you talking about if 3 kids are from other omha zones
And 2 kids are from Whitby, then where are the rest of the kids from? Or are they into dressing 5?

Here’s what I know for a fact
1) you’re a complete idiot
2) the team is mostly Whitby kids
3) you’re a complete idiot
You should really develop some logical reasoning skills instead of calling other people idiots. I am talking about knowing 5 kids on the team, and three are not from Whitby. There are 12 other kids on the team and maybe they are all from Whitby, who knows? Or, you could interpret my comment as a complete moron and assume that I think they only have 5 players… and then call me the idiot. I guess projecting is what stupid people do.

You’re still a complete utter idiot, had to fix my typo so I don’t look like you (an idiot)
Well done, point proven. You are great!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:52 am

The 2012 titans lost every game and it was an average of like 9-0. This was their u10 season. The AA SIR team went unbeaten (or close to it) and after the u10 season, their coaches took over the 2012 titans, bringing with them their best players as well as a few other strong AA players from other teams. They won one game the next season at AAA.

The gap between AA and AAA is large. It's just the facts. The worst AAA teams aren't nearly as bad as you think. For 2015, TRW might be the only team that would be bottom no matter what league they play in. The rest would all be mid pack teams at minimum in OMHA.
Never skated w the MM, nor play against them (was in KSL last year), but the MM team seems like a 'where there's smoke, there is fire' situation. From an outsider looking in, there seemed to be a lot of kids that jumped ship, and a lot of bitter parents as per some of the posts here. Not sure what the deal is with the management there, or how the team selections/invitations were done, or what the deal is, but this group has a 'proceed with caution', imo.
Absolutely bang on right on this point. Whenever I think about a team for my boy, first thing I do is check this board for insider info on them.
Exactly. Negative rumours around a team at best mean that their coaches are poor at people management, but most likely bad rumours are true. MM is a very weak team with no name coach. I don’t believe that too many people wanted to get on board. Nats is a nothing special, average aaa team at best. What did their coaches do to receive that much hate online and offline? Do they have freaky parents and kids? Don’t know and not interested. 99.9% these 2 teams are not the right places for development. On the contrary I heard nothing bad, no unhappy parents etc neither about DMF, NYR, TM nor about TT, TRW or Rebels On the other end of the spectrum.

Bottom line, If there’s a lot of hate around something, most likely it is for a reason.Don’t experiment trying to figure out if a coach is as shi-ty as people say. Leave it to idiots who will be happy to keep their kids next to inexperienced shady person only to say that they’re in aaa.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:14 pm
Exactly. Negative rumours around a team at best mean that their coaches are poor at people management, but most likely bad rumours are true. MM is a very weak team with no name coach. I don’t believe that too many people wanted to get on board. Nats is a nothing special, average aaa team at best. What did their coaches do to receive that much hate online and offline? Do they have freaky parents and kids? Don’t know and not interested. 99.9% these 2 teams are not the right places for development. On the contrary I heard nothing bad, no unhappy parents etc neither about DMF, NYR, TM nor about TT, TRW or Rebels On the other end of the spectrum.

Bottom line, If there’s a lot of hate around something, most likely it is for a reason.Don’t experiment trying to figure out if a coach is as shi-ty as people say. Leave it to idiots who will be happy to keep their kids next to inexperienced shady person only to say that they’re in aaa.
So true. I know a 2012 kid, actually quite a bright one. He was doing ok in HVS AA. Coaches begged him to stay for one more season so he could be more ready for aaa. But his parents already saw their little cutie in NHL and their credit card debts fully repaid. So they loaned a bit extra and made an agreement with notorious C from TT that their son will join them next season. C happily lined his pockets with their money and gave the kid his team’s jersey. Next season TT lost all or almost all games, the boy skipped a year of development and got no offers from better teams and decided that they have already made C happy and it’s time to stop. Eventually this time they begged to take their boy back to HVS, but because their kid missed a crucial year of development, he looked much weaker than the rest of the team. In a year HV disposed of the player and his only option was to got to bottom level AA team. Again they lost everything and the boy lost confidence and desire to play. Now he either moves to A, because tryouts are already over or leaves the sport entirely with the status of ex AAA player.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:33 pm
Guest wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:14 pm

So true. I know a 2012 kid, actually quite a bright one. He was doing ok in HVS AA. Coaches begged him to stay for one more season so he could be more ready for aaa. But his parents already saw their little cutie in NHL and their credit card debts fully repaid. So they loaned a bit extra and made an agreement with notorious C from TT that their son will join them next season. C happily lined his pockets with their money and gave the kid his team’s jersey. Next season TT lost all or almost all games, the boy skipped a year of development and got no offers from better teams and decided that they have already made C happy and it’s time to stop. Eventually this time they begged to take their boy back to HVS, but because their kid missed a crucial year of development, he looked much weaker than the rest of the team. In a year HV disposed of the player and his only option was to got to bottom level AA team. Again they lost everything and the boy lost confidence and desire to play. Now he either moves to A, because tryouts are already over or leaves the sport entirely with the status of ex AAA player.
Serious question: Why are parents in this sport so mean? They

Post by Guest »

I know for me, I'd like to hear more about how bad MM will be. I don't think that's been talked about enough. I mean when they play other AAA teams this spring in tournaments, surely they'll get destroyed.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:52 am I know for me, I'd like to hear more about how bad MM will be. I don't think that's been talked about enough. I mean when they play other AAA teams this spring in tournaments, surely they'll get destroyed.
What's the name of their Spring team? How are they doing so far?

I don't think that MM will be as bad as some people think. As I heard, they're lacking certain depth, but still have few strong kids. Their coach is not the strongest one, as he works in an unrelated to hockey or intellectual activity field, he is not very decent person as well, took few mediocre kids from as far as MHL to sit on the bench and cover their budget expenses. At the same time his DD white progressed well through last 2 seasons. Many good kids left, but not all.
MM's coach is way better than, let say, Chico, but he's not even close to CJ in terms of development.
MM will be an ok-ish team without any big aspirations.

Post by Guest »

MM, TRW and Sens are very good places to play against strong kids and strong coaches, but they are not the right places to play with strong kids under management of strong coaches.

Post by Guest »

My kid in east AA loop up against great goalie in tourney this weekend. So I go and ask and the dad tells me it’s the Senators AAA team calling itself Chargers. Playing AA teams for shutouts, how rediculous !

Weren’t even that good but eat shit coaches.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:23 pm My kid in east AA loop up against great goalie in tourney this weekend. So I go and ask and the dad tells me it’s the Senators AAA team calling itself Chargers. Playing AA teams for shutouts, how rediculous !

Weren’t even that good but eat shit coaches.
Saw this too. That said, Canlan tournament divisions are almost always like this:
1. Strong AAA teams
2. Weak AAA and strong AA
3. Weak AA and strong A

So the Sens are a weak AAA team. Division 2 is likely right for them. At the two previous Canlan tournaments, there was a Vision team that got killed every game in division 1. They probably should have been division 2. But then at that last tournament, there was Oakville, DMF, and MM all in that top division, all strong teams. So it's tough.

Next time the Chargers do a tournament, they may want to go top division. But they might also end up in a tournament full of strong AAA teams, and it wouldn't be much fun for them.