North Toronto learn to play babysitting?

North Toronto learn to play babysitting?

Post by Guest »

Seems the overpriced program is an expensive babysitting service. Any thoughts?

Re: North Toronto learn to play babysitting?

Post by Guest »

Pure waste of money run by inexperienced people.

Post by Guest »

We had a great experience with the program when our kid was young.

Org policy developed over a century. Only the banners changed since I started there 30 years ago.

Great place to see how your kids natural talent stacks up against other early starters. I recall at least 100 kids trying out for CDS select and NT formed 4 teams out of the top 60. Was nice to get an invite to the top team.

The CDS loop is manageable for a family. It’s not an elite loop, games are won / lost 50-2 in half ice. I think 1 player went to Brick. 0 kids quit hockey most playing G AAA, a handful in AA.

From a competitive standpoint you couldn’t compare NT LTP to Klevr today. CDS is not an Elite league. CDS is good at building love for the game.

NT is a country club org that develops young loyal assets. Players move on to other orgs for competitive hockey. Hence NT teams fall off after U11/U12.

If your kid is elite move on. If you want a solid hockey foundation at a young age there is no better place to start.

Post by Guest »

We had a great experience with the program when our kid was young.

Org policy developed over a century. Only the banners changed since I started there 30 years ago.

Great place to see how your kids natural talent stacks up against other early starters. I recall at least 100 kids trying out for CDS select and NT formed 4 teams out of the top 60. Was nice to get an invite to the top team.

The CDS loop is manageable for a family. It’s not an elite loop, games are won / lost 50-2 in half ice. I think 1 player went to Brick. 0 kids quit hockey most playing G AAA, a handful in AA.

From a competitive standpoint you couldn’t compare NT LTP to Klevr today. CDS is not an Elite league. CDS is good at building love for the game.

NT is a country club org that develops young loyal assets. Players move on to other orgs for competitive hockey. Hence NT teams fall off after U11/U12.

If your kid is elite move on. If you want a solid hockey foundation at a young age there is no better place to start.

Post by Guest »

Agree that in the past it was the best. After AR left and put NR the daughter of the former nt president the place is a disaster.

Post by Guest »

Nepotism at it very best.

Post by Guest »

I would strongly suggest you look at Leaside Learn to Play / Hockey School next door.
They brought in a new provider two years ago and our experience has been incredible. According to survey results, the new provider has just been extended so our assumption is that the on-ice product will continue to operate at a high level.

Post by Guest »

I would have to agree. North Toronto LTP program as lost it's true value and is being run into the ground.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:15 am I would strongly suggest you look at Leaside Learn to Play / Hockey School next door.
They brought in a new provider two years ago and our experience has been incredible. According to survey results, the new provider has just been extended so our assumption is that the on-ice product will continue to operate at a high level.
NT uses the same provider as LHA for LTP... maybe different instructors but same company/provider

Post by Guest »

Yeah but LTP is run by an inexperienced token daughter.