Brick 2024

Re: Brick 2024

Post by Guest »

it is a fact. The top end skills trainers that have no room, open up time slots to fit "Brick Kids" in. Coaches will say he is a "Brick Kid",
it is not the be all but it gives your kid the little designation that opens more doors than with out.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:26 pm everyone is talking about NHL. Being a hall of famer etc. I know that if My son plays OHL or NCAA that for me it would be a success. I want him to have fun and work Hard at something. I care little about anything other than helping my kid learn lessons about what it takes to be good at anything. Hardwork and dedication. to many people here talking about fathers and mothers, saying their genes are bad etc. Just focus on raising your kid and helping him evolve. instead of looking for reasons why other kids will be not as good as your son in 5 years
So are you going to the Brick or Not? Sensing you are a Brick Cut. Long road now to OHL/NCAA without the Brick.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:42 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:26 pm everyone is talking about NHL. Being a hall of famer etc. I know that if My son plays OHL or NCAA that for me it would be a success. I want him to have fun and work Hard at something. I care little about anything other than helping my kid learn lessons about what it takes to be good at anything. Hardwork and dedication. to many people here talking about fathers and mothers, saying their genes are bad etc. Just focus on raising your kid and helping him evolve. instead of looking for reasons why other kids will be not as good as your son in 5 years
So are you going to the Brick or Not? Sensing you are a Brick Cut. Long road now to OHL/NCAA without the Brick.
Is it better to be cut from a brick team or make the team yet not get as much playing time as the ‘stars’ due to skill/ability, political reasons, coaches kid, someone paid more money to be there etc. Making a brick team isn’t a road to happiness for all either. The reality is that not everyone gets equal playing time.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:08 pm
Is it better to be cut from a brick team or make the team yet not get as much playing time as the ‘stars’ due to skill/ability, political reasons, coaches kid, someone paid more money to be there etc. Making a brick team isn’t a road to happiness for all either. The reality is that not everyone gets equal playing time.
4th liner still says he’s NHL player 2 mins ice time at the brick, still a brick player

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:16 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:08 pm
4th liner still says he’s NHL player 2 mins ice time at the brick, still a brick player
true...hell even if you only played ONE GAME in the NHL (you're out there!) for the rest of your life you can say you were in the NHL.

Post by Guest »

Don’t be ignorant. Long road with the Brick too

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:26 pm 50% of the kids that attend that tournament aren't factors once they reach the u14/15 level. That's a fact.

1 of every 2 kids on that Brick team will be playing AA at best when they get older. Kids burn out and peak early with skill and skating but lack the drive and commitment once the others come online and it gets hard.

You muppets arguing about height of parents and kids are ridiculous

Stop embarrassing yourselves. Go back to banging the glass and yelling at the refs
Go watch a u14/15 game and try and guess which ones are brick kids.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:33 am
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:26 pm 50% of the kids that attend that tournament aren't factors once they reach the u14/15 level. That's a fact.

1 of every 2 kids on that Brick team will be playing AA at best when they get older. Kids burn out and peak early with skill and skating but lack the drive and commitment once the others come online and it gets hard.

You muppets arguing about height of parents and kids are ridiculous

Stop embarrassing yourselves. Go back to banging the glass and yelling at the refs
Go watch a u14/15 game and try and guess which ones are brick kids.
Don’t kid yourself. Most kids who were brick kids and now in u14 u15 are still top players today. A few others have emerged who weren’t on radar for brick. But the brick kids are still amongst the top. I’d say less than 10% have fallen out of the top circles. Those are the ones who probably didn’t deserve to be there in the first place.

Post by Guest »

Can’t understand these endless arguments about Brick. If you have a chance to get there- go for it and have fun it’s a great experience for your kid and first prize for his hard work, if not- it’s not the end of the world, take your kid to Disneyland and buy him some extracurricular math class instead.
Brick participation is not a guarantee of NHL career, everything can change along the way 100 times.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:28 am Can’t understand these endless arguments about Brick. If you have a chance to get there- go for it and have fun it’s a great experience for your kid and first prize for his hard work, if not- it’s not the end of the world, take your kid to Disneyland and buy him some extracurricular math class instead.
Brick participation is not a guarantee of NHL career, everything can change along the way 100 times.
Think about it .. what would you rather do .. go to Disneyland or Go to the Brick? Where will you find tomorrows athletes, leaders .. in a amusement line or assembled in an environment showcasing the best of the best. As DeChambeau said yesterday after the US Open win, surround yourself with great people and great results will follow .. do this for your kid (and for you) .. Go to the Brick!