Re: 2016 Elite AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:14 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:00 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:29 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:55 pm
Guest wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:11 pm
Guest wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:18 pm

They did well to win in finals after losing to Toronto Elite in league stage. The one difference is that Bull Dogs didn’t roll the lines and some players played way more. While it’s good to win a cup, it’s not recommended at U8/U9 level. Kids are still developing and doing this hurts their confidence. While coaches as grown men want to win, one shouldn’t lose sight of the fact it’s 7 year olds.
At this age and even at u10 they should roll the lines. But the problem is that all coaches are doing this and so others are forced to do the same. In a finals game exceptions should be made and apparently the TE team normally plays at the elite level so the coaching staff had to make some adjustments.
Coach loses his job if he doesn't win. As long as you are upfront and straight forward with parents/kids then I think its fine.

Up to the parent to decide if its for them or their kid.
coaching 7 year olds is a "job"?? man you guys are totally whacko
So which one is it?

Do you want your coach to care and work hard to develop your kid? Or do you want them to not give a shit and half ass it?
Rolling the lines is the only way to go under u12. If you want to develop the age group and have a strong base for years to come, roll the lines. If you can’t develop ALL the kids YOU chose for the team, you’re in the wrong “business” and deserve to get canned.
I 100% agree with this comment. Develop all the kids. If you can’t then that’s on you. You either picked the wrong kids, or don’t know how to coach.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:17 pm
Guest wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:11 pm

At this age and even at u10 they should roll the lines. But the problem is that all coaches are doing this and so others are forced to do the same. In a finals game exceptions should be made and apparently the TE team normally plays at the elite level so the coaching staff had to make some adjustments.
Coach loses his job if he doesn't win. As long as you are upfront and straight forward with parents/kids then I think its fine.

So which one is it?

Do you want your coach to care and work hard to develop your kid? Or do you want them to not give a shit and half ass it?
Rolling the lines is the only way to go under u12. If you want to develop the age group and have a strong base for years to come, roll the lines. If you can’t develop ALL the kids YOU chose for the team, you’re in the wrong “business” and deserve to get canned.
I 100% agree with this comment. Develop all the kids. If you can’t then that’s on you. You either picked the wrong kids, or don’t know how to coach.
Maybe you should coach then? Everyone thinks they can coach. Go ahead. do it.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:29 pm

So which one is it?

I think everyone can agree that all the players taken on a team should receive development. However, that doesn't inherently mean equal playing time.

Thats where things differ, if you are a rep program, and you were open and honest with the kids and parents that you are intending to try to win games, then I think you are fine if some kids get less minutes than others.

The problem is, its not black and white.

Why is the kid not getting minutes? Did he repeatedly do the thing you told them not to do? Did they give attitude? Are they not giving effort?
Are they missing a shift? A period? a game?
Is everyone getting the same level of scrutiny?
Are they just not as good as a kid who is on?
Is it within a goal? is it a blow out? is it an exhibition game or championship game?

A lot of the answers to these question are subjective and its not easy to prove or support your opinion on either side.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:46 pm
So which one is it?

I think everyone can agree that all the players taken on a team should receive development. However, that doesn't inherently mean equal playing time.

Thats where things differ, if you are a rep program, and you were open and honest with the kids and parents that you are intending to try to win games, then I think you are fine if some kids get less minutes than others.

Why is the kid not getting minutes? Did he repeatedly do the thing you told them not to do? Did they give attitude? Are they not giving effort?
Is it within a goal? is it a blow out? is it an exhibition game or championship game?

A lot of the answers to these question are subjective and its not easy to prove or support your opinion on either side.
Huggies or pampers ????

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:47 pm
Guest wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:46 pm

So which one is it?

Huggies or pampers ????
I see your kid plays half ice hockey, maybe does ice angles when they get board and start asking the coach when its going to be over...