2015 AAA

Re: 2015 AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:32 am
Guest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:18 amIf ZL is not top 3 who is.
Does it matter at 9 really? Let’s ask this question as the kid approach 13/14.

Every kid that gets mentioned regularly including ZL are very talented, and elite level players.

It’ll be fun to watch the kids develop. Let’s enjoy the ride and the moments. Brick, Quebec PeeWee, WSI, OHL cups, all still to come.

There will be very few who will play in all. Remember that.
GTHL teams can’t play in Quebec Pee Wee and WSI is a nice trip but a total cash grab and poor competition. The Brick and OHL cup are legit.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:48 pm

Every kid that gets mentioned regularly including ZL are very talented, and elite level players.

It’ll be fun to watch the kids develop. Let’s enjoy the ride and the moments. Brick, Quebec PeeWee, WSI, OHL cups, all still to come.

GTHL teams can’t play in Quebec Pee Wee and WSI is a nice trip but a total cash grab and poor competition. The Brick and OHL cup are legit.
Brick used to be legit...now it's out of reach for many, financially. You're going to see more years like last year where scoring records happen because the best of the best won't all be there.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:19 pm

Brick used to be legit...now it's out of reach for many, financially. You're going to see more years like last year where scoring records happen because the best of the best won't all be there.
Agreed,

Pretty much have to drop 10K minimum. Not to mention the 5-10K the 2015’s are spending right now on pre-Brick Spring/Summer. Started off great, now just another sales pitch for rich Torontonians.

Post by Guest »

The brick wasn’t really an esteemed tournament until about 15 years ago when it became THE big thing. For its first 20 years it never attracted all the best kids and it was nowhere near as competitive. So the scoring record thing not entirely true.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:22 pm

Agreed,

Pretty much have to drop 10K minimum. Not to mention the 5-10K the 2015’s are spending right now on pre-Brick Spring/Summer. Started off great, now just another sales pitch for rich Torontonians.
Anyone spending money on pre brick stuff is a moron. If you’re good enough you’ll get the phone call before tryouts. The camps and showcases are a total cash grab. I’ve been there with both my boys, save your money and go to the tryout only.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:28 pm

Agreed,

Anyone spending money on pre brick stuff is a moron. If you’re good enough you’ll get the phone call before tryouts. The camps and showcases are a total cash grab. I’ve been there with both my boys, save your money and go to the tryout only.
Just got the call from Edmonton, brick tradition among teams is that they call their first pick for the following year the day before the tournament starts.

Good luck to all the kids there this year and to those who will join us next year.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:12 am

Agreed,

Just got the call from Edmonton, brick tradition among teams is that they call their first pick for the following year the day before the tournament starts.

Good luck to all the kids there this year and to those who will join us next year.
They called you at 4am (Edmonton time)?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:37 am

Agreed,

Yup , they couldn't sleep they were so excited, probably won't be seeing you there , if you know you know.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:33 am

Agreed,

Yup , they couldn't sleep they were so excited, probably won't be seeing you there , if you know you know.
Were they drunk on the phone?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:33 am

Agreed,

I know many things. I know my kid will take your kid’s spot two weeks before the tournament. He is so strong that he doesn’t do push ups, he pushes the earth down. He is so smooth that he went to a feminist rally and came back with his shirt ironed and a fresh sandwich. If you want to send me your address, I will mail you some Goldfish so your son has something to eat watching my kid put up 4 points per game in Edmonton.