Re: 2008 GTHL A WEST

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:50 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:26 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:28 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:52 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:18 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:44 pm

You think this is some kind of joke .. parents are out $1K plus for the season versus a very high budget to start. I am pissed. First time parent with a kid playing in the G .. I am not impressed. Last year spent $1k on hockey, this year $5k on hockey and a worse experience. The G does not want to leave families with this type of experience at the end of a hockey year .. it will impact participation.
I think you need to live with the consequences of the rose coloured glasses you were wearing when you thought your kid should play single A.

$5K is the cost of participation, everybody has to pay to cover the cost. It covers player fees, org fees, ice, apparel, tournament fees, game sheets, refs, etc... where or not you are happy with your experience has absolutely nothing to do with the amount you spend. You need to get your head out of your ass.

As for unhappy people impacting participation, you need to wake up...there will alway be a never ending supply of delusional parents who think their kid should be playing up a level and happy to pay $5K to be on a sub o'fer team so that they can tell their friends that their kid plays "rep hockey".
Hey Pal, I get what the fees are suppose to cover but we didn't get these services in full. Two tournaments instead of 4, no skills guys at practices, we were told we would be a .500 team and won 4 games, short on suit bag and sweat suit, no exhibition games as promised. We want to switch teams but top teams are supposedly full. Bottom line, not what we were told the G experience would be like. There are kids and parents lost on the next move to support minor hockey and this should not happen in the supposedly best minor hockey league in the world.
"we were told we would be a .500 team"! You think you can switch "top team"! Your expectations are fckn hilarious!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FYI - team budgets are only an estimate of expected spending. In some cases teams over budget and issue a refund at the end of the season, while other teams under budget and parents have to kick-in an extra $500 - $1000 after Xmas.

All that matters in your case is wether or not the manager can account for all the money that is / was in the team account. If those services providers or suppliers fckd up and failed to deliver, it has nothing to do with the manager. IF there are cheques that can't be explained and he somehow stole money...well then, he's on the hook for the dough.
My son is on a top 3 team and we paid $3,600 for the season. There is no extra funding after Xmas. I've never heard of that, we always got a couple of bucks back at the end of the season. Guys, take your complaint to the organization and cc the GTHL for a full investigation. This Noon guy clearly is not fit to manage a team and probably not the best role model to have around your kid.
The last thing I want to do is be a 'rat', especially as a first year parent. Emails to organization and cc. G, are you kidding me? I believe you got to handle these problems face to face.
Did Noon care when he lied and told you the program had the best training in the league and that your kid would be playing for a playoff team? Did Noon care when he paid the coach upfront? Was that communicated to the parents that the coach was to be paid in full in the first half of the season? I think Noon is in cahoots with this paid coach and made a deal to pay the coach in full and split half for himself. Covers his kids hockey fees for this year on the expense of team. If you don't raise your complaints with the organization then this will repeat next year. Teams are being awarded to officials now for next year. Even if you don't plan on staying, do your best to make sure this doesn't repeat next year and have Noon removed. Its the least you can do to the hockey community and give incoming parents an honest and fair experience.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:17 pm

“Paid” refers to a financial transaction, while “Payed” is a nautical term.

Perhaps if you were smart enough to know the difference, you would have been smart enough to speak up during the first parent meeting and insist on post-dated cheques for the coach. In other words you are no less an idiot than your idiot manager. :lol:

BTW - your son doesn’t write the cheque, so the $14K has nothing to do with his frustration. No doubt the most frustrating thing about this season for him are the car rides to and from the rink with you.
You think this is some kind of joke .. parents are out $1K plus for the season versus a very high budget to start. I am pissed. First time parent with a kid playing in the G .. I am not impressed. Last year spent $1k on hockey, this year $5k on hockey and a worse experience. The G does not want to leave families with this type of experience at the end of a hockey year .. it will impact participation.
I think you need to live with the consequences of the rose coloured glasses you were wearing when you thought your kid should play single A.

$5K is the cost of participation, everybody has to pay to cover the cost. It covers player fees, org fees, ice, apparel, tournament fees, game sheets, refs, etc... where or not you are happy with your experience has absolutely nothing to do with the amount you spend. You need to get your head out of your ass.

As for unhappy people impacting participation, you need to wake up...there will alway be a never ending supply of delusional parents who think their kid should be playing up a level and happy to pay $5K to be on a sub o'fer team so that they can tell their friends that their kid plays "rep hockey".
Hey Pal, I get what the fees are suppose to cover but we didn't get these services in full. Two tournaments instead of 4, no skills guys at practices, we were told we would be a .500 team and won 4 games, short on suit bag and sweat suit, no exhibition games as promised. We want to switch teams but top teams are supposedly full. Bottom line, not what we were told the G experience would be like. There are kids and parents lost on the next move to support minor hockey and this should not happen in the supposedly best minor hockey league in the world.
"we were told we would be a .500 team"! You think you can switch "top team"! Your expectations are fckn hilarious!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FYI - team budgets are only an estimate of expected spending. In some cases teams over budget and issue a refund at the end of the season, while other teams under budget and parents have to kick-in an extra $500 - $1000 after Xmas.

All that matters in your case is wether or not the manager can account for all the money that is / was in the team account. If those services providers or suppliers fckd up and failed to deliver, it has nothing to do with the manager. IF there are cheques that can't be explained and he somehow stole money...well then, he's on the hook for the dough.
My son is on a top 3 team and we paid $3,600 for the season. There is no extra funding after Xmas. I've never heard of that, we always got a couple of bucks back at the end of the season. Guys, take your complaint to the organization and cc the GTHL for a full investigation. This Noon guy clearly is not fit to manage a team and probably not the best role model to have around your kid.
Some teams include fundraising and sponsorship expectations as part of the budget and some mid-pack teams don't account for the post season. In some cases fundraising / sponsorship goals aren't met or the team decides to enter a post season tourney and extra expenses are incurred.

$3600 x 18 = a $64,800 team budget...sounds a little low for the current cost of ice. Most likely decent sponsorship / fundraising with volunteer coaches and minimal practice ice...or practice ice at crap times or crap rinks.

I haven't seen a team budget in a long time, but I'd think $80 - $85K would be average for single A with a paid coach in 2022.

These people can complain all they want.....complaining has become the norm these days. If the manager stole money, he would have had help or he forged signatures...but if all cheques are accounted for then complaining won't mean a thing.

Post by Guest »

The last thing I want to do is be a 'rat', especially as a first year parent. Emails to organization and cc. G, are you kidding me? I believe you got to handle these problems face to face.
Don't worry...everyone knows who you are "first year G parent on a last place team". Do you really think your kid will play in the G next year???

Why wouldn't you go back to the NYHL and pay $1000 for a much better experience...besides, you said you're quitting because of this horrible experience anyways.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:58 pm

Did Noon care when he lied and told you the program had the best training in the league and that your kid would be playing for a playoff team? Did Noon care when he paid the coach upfront? Was that communicated to the parents that the coach was to be paid in full in the first half of the season? I think Noon is in cahoots with this paid coach and made a deal to pay the coach in full and split half for himself. Covers his kids hockey fees for this year on the expense of team. If you don't raise your complaints with the organization then this will repeat next year. Teams are being awarded to officials now for next year. Even if you don't plan on staying, do your best to make sure this doesn't repeat next year and have Noon removed. Its the least you can do to the hockey community and give incoming parents an honest and fair experience.
I guarantee that the org will show little interest in supporting this parent group. The last thing they want is a returning core from a winless team...they would rather a wholesale change or fold the team.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:17 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:57 am
Guest wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:04 pm

It seems that birds of a feather flock together in Vaughan…”payed”. :lol:
Payed or Paid, what's the difference. Team is out 14k and dealing with a joke of manager coaching the team. Frustrating season for my son
“Paid” refers to a financial transaction, while “Payed” is a nautical term.

Perhaps if you were smart enough to know the difference, you would have been smart enough to speak up during the first parent meeting and insist on post-dated cheques for the coach. In other words you are no less an idiot than your idiot manager. :lol:

BTW - your son doesn’t write the cheque, so the $14K has nothing to do with his frustration. No doubt the most frustrating thing about this season for him are the car rides to and from the rink with you.

Your team had 1 win last year...and you believed you'd be .500 this year? You are either naive or stupid.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:44 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:28 am
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:38 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:24 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:49 pm my kid is moving down from aa and has been offered a spot from both vp and vr. But now with the coaching changes on both teams and players being cut for next year he does not know who to choose. Help please.

I am looking for a fair coach who does not play favorites all the time.
Is VR changing coaches? Is vp too?
If your going to go to a team that plays fair don’t go to vp or vr
Stay away from Vaughan AE. Noon is a joke
Agreed. I'm on that team and can vouch to that. The idiot payed the coaches salary all in October and he walked out in November. No show and no where to be found. Team is out 14k. Only in Vaughn
You should be very careful what you say. The coach that left i know very well. He is dealing with some very serious family and health issues! Also, i believe that money is coming back to the parents! So stop talking if you dont know what you are talking about
David Noon

Post by David Noon »

To the keyboard warrior who feels that this is the best medium to air his grievances on. All I can say is ....I feel sorry for you.

In an effort to clear things up:

1) The Vaughan East team unfortunately lost our paid coach due to some serious personal issues. We addressed these issues with all the parents after the winter break once we figured out what happened. I wish him a healthy and speedy recovery.

2) The team did not pay out the full year contract to the coach but we did pay more that what we should have. That was a decision that I made as the manager as I was trying to help the coach out over the holidays. I obviously didn't foresee what ended up happening. I addressed the situation in a team meeting and with all the parents that approached me privately. I made it clear that if any parent has an issue with my call than I would be happy to personally pay them back their share of the extra paid out salary

3) A development Trainer to replace the coach that left: It was important for our Assistant Coach that had to take over the team to assert himself as the Head Coach of the team. If we quickly brought a new trainer to replace the coach it would have sent a message to the kids that our new Coach wasn't qualified. For the record....he is an amazing coach with over 20 years of experience and our kids are lucky to have him.

4) Manager using funds improperly: The last budget sent out included all receipts and an itemized list of all the money spent. I will not sit quietly reading anything that calls me a thief. I have no issues with the Vaughan organization auditing this team, as there is ZERO to hide and there will be a credit at the end of the season.

5) Tournaments: The budget that was given out in May had 3 tournaments listed. Our away tournament in Buffalo was cancelled with a month notice. With our team's Jewish Community rules (We don't play on Friday Nights and Saturday during the day), it was too difficult to replace the away tournament on such short notice. This was not done maliciously by the Manager (Me) to screw the kids out of this opportunity.

5) I'm not a coach: I help with the offensive doors for the team but I don't open the door until I'm directed by the head coach. I've never claimed to be the coach but if you want to find an excuse why your kid isn't playing or why the team is losing ....I guess you can blame me

6) Keyboard Warriors:. I have a good idea who is trashing me on this wonderful board. The one or two guys that I have narrowed it down to are essentially cancers on the team (and someone on another GTHL team) that have done nothing but shit about everything all season. I actually really like these kids on the team and it's unfortunate that they have parents that make a team question if the kids are worth the baggage they come with.

Vaughan Rangers East:. It's been a challenging year but these kids have heart and their chemistry in the locker room doesn't reflect their record at all. This team was built to give religious Jewish Players an opportunity to play at the G level and it will continue to do so. We are sorry that some of you Warriors who are too scared to put your real names down feel that we don't belong. These kids deserve to play and will continue to give everything they got until the end of the season. As the Manager I'm proud of them and I'm sorry that we didn't reach 500 but we have a great foundation and I hope we can build on it going forward.

If you have any issues with me David Noon or the Vaughan Rangers East team please feel free to email me at david.noon@gmail.com and I would be happy to talk to you.

Go Rangers Go!

Post by Guest »

Noon. I will give you credit for putting yourself out there and provide your side of the story.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:03 am Noon. I will give you credit for putting yourself out there and provide your side of the story.
Geez..... :o I didn't realize all this drama on that team. Seems like a cover up of some sort if the manager is willing to fund the budget for any mishandling of funds. If the parents were so upset with the bench staff they should have held a vote. 75% in favor would have been enough to remove the manager. Its still not too late :idea:
Hezeus

Post by Hezeus »

Well said Mr. Noon.
The team you have put together this year has a good group of kids.
Go Rangers Go!!