2011 AAA

Re: 2011 AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:56 am
Guest wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:51 pm
Guest wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:02 am
Guest wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:21 am I guess tyke hockey beats the best that Ontario has to offer then. That’s scary. But keep thinking you are better than you are. The US teams dominated this tournament. As evidenced by the final outcome.
Exactly.

There is a reason the Marlies won the G this year. They play HOCKEY. That involves passing, hard work and selflessness.

The winning teams move the puck, east west and north south.

The Canadian teams have too many players who try to skate it end to end and lose it despite having teammates open on the wings.
They would rather try and score from the goal line than make the back door pass on an empty net.
Many of them take big floating circles hoping for a turnover instead of fighting for the puck they just lost.
Failed toe drag after failed toe drag.
They take 1.30 shifts of floating and banging their sticks for the pass that never comes.
So much laziness when it comes to back checking or covering an open position.

Just watch the American teams. They fight every second of their 45 second shifts.

But you know what, keep teaching little johnny to go get his!
I love this post. Just wonder what JRC parent posted it……
Nope, not a JRC parent but certainly see how this applies to half of that team. It also applies to 3/4 of the Vk team although CS seems determined to fix it.
Everyone can identify those few strong kids who like to skate around the rink with the puck and then try a pass only when they are about to lose the puck. That habit kills the flow and ultimately loses games.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:12 am
Guest wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:11 pm
Guest wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:00 am
Because wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:37 am
Guest wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:49 pm
Guest wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:05 pm

CT and LC are USA teams and they will be 1 and 2 this weekend.
This guy called it. Anyone who has watched GTHL hockey will know the US teams are a vastly ahead. They value speed and skill and development vs GTHL coaches who just want to win now using big kids who can shoot hard.

Sure buddy.
It’s because the US barely shut down when the flu bug hit and in Canada we had 10 kids on an ice sheet because, safety.

It stands for reason that they are ahead.
Yes these observations are correct. But you must bear in mind many factors that are not as obvious and require you to dig in a bit. For example, the US kids you are seeing are the elite of the elite. they are on the ice 6 days a week and play hockey 11 months a year. They bring these kids in from all over!

If you want to look great at 11 / 12 years old, yes this is the key. IMHO this is not the answer as kids run a high risk of burnout and injury. My kid played in the tournament against 3 of the top teams and we lost all the games, but he has been on the ice once in the last 3 weeks and is currently playing other sports. Don't hit the panic button just yet, many things are involved in making great athletes and multi - sport is a big factor! The best athletes win in the end but you need to keep them in the system.
Correct and well said.

My point was not to be alarmed by someone being better, Covid really hit the Canadian Program hard. The alarm is being raised regarding the behaviour and habits of some of “the elite” Canadian kids.

My son plays secondary sports with these kids as well and the behaviours are the same in other sports.

You can tell where it comes from when they start lashing out on this site telling us our kids are terrible vs trying to understand the framework of team sports.

Look at the teams left in the NHL. Sure our children are not in the NHL but the sport is scaleable. The teams left are full of role players. Athletes that know what their job is and they do it well.

Parlay the parent issue with the vanity of coaches “win now” mentality and you are at the point where you can now have a genuine conversation on how to fix the problem. Unfortunately the conversation never begins.

I like your comment regarding how the USA builds their teams because you are correct IMO. With that said, even with all those ego’s, they still are able to play hockey the right way.

They call these inflexion points, if we are able to change the way things are done. Unfortunately that will not happen. Watch the bashing that will begin about how bad my kid is. My kid is very good at the game, very humble how he conducts himself and is respected by all his teammates. Oh, and he loves hockey more than anything.
Simmer down there USA. You entered a super team made up of the best players from your top two teams and then have the audacity to say that USA hockey is better because you beat spring teams that were cobbled together?!
[/quote]

Cobbled together?

It was the single most arrogant team in the tournament who plays together all the time barring a couple new teammates.

We are not talking about losing btw. We are talking about behaviour and attitude.

Canada hockey is in a tailspin at best. It’s not just the USA that is better than us anymore.

Post by Guest »

Face facts - USA hockey is getting stronger and stronger while Canada hockey continues to slowly decline. It's the attitude of parents, coaches, and players that is ruining Canada development.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:36 am Face facts - USA hockey is getting stronger and stronger while Canada hockey continues to slowly decline. It's the attitude of parents, coaches, and players that is ruining Canada development.
No argument there....it is not so much the attitude. It is more like a run-away train that has become big business and long standing traditions that a lot of Canadians have been indoctrinated into thinking it is the way hockey development is done. They have not been exposed to what is possible, and prefer to remain stuck in the ignorance of hockey traditions. They will try and change when it is too late, the ship is too big and stubborn to turn!

Post by Guest »

In my opinion, hockey in Canada was ruined when the elitists took over. Back in the day it was more blue collar workers...down to earth people...sure you had some wealthy folk as well, but not like today. They've taken over and are ruining the sport.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:08 pm In my opinion, hockey in Canada was ruined when the elitists took over. Back in the day it was more blue collar workers...down to earth people...sure you had some wealthy folk as well, but not like today. They've taken over and are ruining the sport.
Working class hero alert

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:59 am
Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:36 am Face facts - USA hockey is getting stronger and stronger while Canada hockey continues to slowly decline. It's the attitude of parents, coaches, and players that is ruining Canada development.
No argument there....it is not so much the attitude. It is more like a run-away train that has become big business and long standing traditions that a lot of Canadians have been indoctrinated into thinking it is the way hockey development is done. They have not been exposed to what is possible, and prefer to remain stuck in the ignorance of hockey traditions. They will try and change when it is too late, the ship is too big and stubborn to turn!
Are you retarded? Travel US teams cost way more than playing in the G. How many muricans in the top 5 prospects this year? zero.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:45 pm
Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:59 am
Are you retarded? Travel US teams cost way more than playing in the G. How many muricans in the top 5 prospects this year? zero.
Careful, classless human alert. Must have heard the grown ups having a conversation and needed to inject some stupidity in the conversation.

I have become pretty close with many parents on some of the USA teams and they also have challenges. They don’t typically play in leagues so they do spend a lot of time travelling (gets expensive on top of their fees) but they are far less likely to buck the coaching because they have another kid to take your place in a heartbeat. I am not saying kids never leave because they do but they are far less likely.

Compare that to the G, one idiot parent (like fool above) gets mad at the coach and he will be on another team in a hiccup, even if his kid is like him.

Back to spewing venom….

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:08 pm In my opinion, hockey in Canada was ruined when the elitists took over. Back in the day it was more blue collar workers...down to earth people...sure you had some wealthy folk as well, but not like today. They've taken over and are ruining the sport.

Canada has 2 straight WJHC championships and 4 championships out of the last 6. The USA has won once in the past 6 years compared to our 4. Bash Canadian hockey all you want, what we’re doing still makes the best players on earth.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:09 pm

Canada has 2 straight WJHC championships and 4 championships out of the last 6. The USA has won once in the past 6 years compared to our 4. Bash Canadian hockey all you want, what we’re doing still makes the best players on earth.
But American 12 year olds just won a tournament against Canadian 12 year old kids. This means USA development is superior to Canadian development. :o