2009 SCTA

Re: 2009 SCTA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:54 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:42 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:10 pm I just read half a dozen pages from the 2009 GTHL chat. For all the trash talking those people spew about the quality of the OMHA, there is a ton of talk about kids jumping ship from the G to play in this league next year.
Kids that can't make top 5 teams are coming back. Might as well play on a shit team at home rather than in the G.
Lets just keep this comment to see if it ages well....LOL
Yes, let's. No top 5 G team players are returning to OMHA unless it's due to a release. It will be bottom G team kids returning. We can revisit this in April.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:27 am
Guest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:32 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:28 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:57 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:45 am Buffalo announced last night that they are being kicked out of the league beginning next season.
I am not sure about kicked out, but yes we have been informed they are not in the OMHA West next season, and Sudbury and North Bay are in? Maybe it will be like the GTHL and Thunder Bay, weekend games, double headers???
I am not sure what the dynamics at play were, but I know that Buffalo couldn't field competitive teams at some levels. I'm guessing that wasn't the primary factor, as Sudbury and North Bay present a similar problem. Sudbury only fields a A team at the 2009 level.

If all this is true, then there will definitely be a bit more travel and double-headers. I can't imagine heading to Sudbury or North Bay for just one game.
What they should do is include Barrie, Grey Bruce and some HEO teams in the NOHA, make it more competitive and cut down on the travel for some teams.
If anything Grey-Bruce would join the alliance as most of their players are closer to Waterloo, Kitchener, Huron-Perth. No way OMHA let's Barrie go to the NOHA as they're a top team at almost every age group and have been for years.
Include Barrie and GB in NOHA? So now every game except when playing each other is 3+ hours away?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:53 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:57 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:45 am Buffalo announced last night that they are being kicked out of the league beginning next season.
I am not sure about kicked out, but yes we have been informed they are not in the OMHA West next season, and Sudbury and North Bay are in? Maybe it will be like the GTHL and Thunder Bay, weekend games, double headers???
I am not sure what the dynamics at play were, but I know that Buffalo couldn't field competitive teams at some levels. I'm guessing that wasn't the primary factor, as Sudbury and North Bay present a similar problem. Sudbury only fields a A team at the 2009 level.

If all this is true, then there will definitely be a bit more travel and double-headers. I can't imagine heading to Sudbury or North Bay for just one game.
What they should do is include Barrie, Grey Bruce and some HEO teams in the NOHA, make it more competitive and cut down on the travel for some teams.
If anything Grey-Bruce would join the alliance as most of their players are closer to Waterloo, Kitchener, Huron-Perth. No way OMHA let's Barrie go to the NOHA as they're a top team at almost every age group and have been for years.
Include Barrie and GB in NOHA? So now every game except when playing each other is 3+ hours away?
Shut GB down. Join huron Halton or ncp

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:57 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:57 am I am not sure about kicked out, but yes we have been informed they are not in the OMHA West next season, and Sudbury and North Bay are in? Maybe it will be like the GTHL and Thunder Bay, weekend games, double headers???

No way that happens. I’m not sure about the other age groups but if the 09s that are actually from GB played there they would be better than OR I think. 3 good forwards including the top 2 from HPL and a good D. The top D and two top forwards from Barrie.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:24 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:54 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:42 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:10 pm I just read half a dozen pages from the 2009 GTHL chat. For all the trash talking those people spew about the quality of the OMHA, there is a ton of talk about kids jumping ship from the G to play in this league next year.
Kids that can't make top 5 teams are coming back. Might as well play on a shit team at home rather than in the G.
Lets just keep this comment to see if it ages well....LOL
Yes, let's. No top 5 G team players are returning to OMHA unless it's due to a release. It will be bottom G team kids returning. We can revisit this in April.
It would be interesting to see if the parents who bank rolled the top 5 teams in the GTHL stopped the funding, where the kids would go?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:38 pm

No way that happens. I’m not sure about the other age groups but if the 09s that are actually from GB played there they would be better than OR I think. 3 good forwards including the top 2 from HPL and a good D. The top D and two top forwards from Barrie.
True facts spoken here...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:09 pm
True but only 1 in Barrie. Another decent forward at CRC

Post by Guest »

A ton? Or a couple posts saying some G players are going to APR, a team that has committed to enough players to fill 2 rosters?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:20 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:09 pm

True but only 1 in Barrie. Another decent forward at CRC
CRC have no strong forwards. kid from GB small and
lacks talent and hockey sense. He wont crack any team
that is not bottom

Post by Guest »

Are boarders open in u16 omha aaa?