Guest wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:13 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:17 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:36 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:25 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:42 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:24 pm

Is this a bitter Quebec parent? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or a bitter ontario parent whose kid did not get selected
You are all losers to be talking about a 10 year old who did or did not play in the Brick... none of you have said it but you want to.... my little Jimmy is going to the NHL :roll: .... the Brick tournament has been around for 34 years.... in those 34 years around 200 have played in the NHL... that's about 4-5 a year with 14 teams entered every year..... and if you look at the list of the 200 you don't even know 95% of the players.... I guess we have to wait for another 8 years to find out.
Please enlighten us why the kids who made brick won’t be playing a years to come. And why the non brick kids will be playing ?
I'm not claiming to be a doctor but physical and mental development hasn't taken place yet and both of these are key factors... what some of these kids are doing in the Brick tournament they won't being doing in contact, they will lose their heads......... and if you asked 90% of these kids and say who's idea was it to put you on the Brick Team... they would say mom and dad.

Just wait until contact is what every parent of a big slow kid with no hockey sense likes to say. Brick kids physical and mental development will be every bit as beneficial as non brick kids and most likely even better. If a kid is unusually short or lacks hockey iq then yes those are big obstacles to overcome but to say that everyone is like that is just stupid. My son played in the 2012 brick and most of the top kids last year are still the top kids now. The ones who have dropped off are mostly due to being too small which almost always means they have a weak shot as well, so 2 huge liabilities at least. And they aren’t even hitting yet.
Most big slow kids now will still be big and slow 5 years from now. Nobody sprinkles fairy dust that makes them skate like the wind all of a sudden and it’s very rare that big kids grow into their bodies and suddenly become great athletes. I’ve seen it with my 09 sons age group as well it’s just how it works.
Your jealous comments that all brick kids will suck when hitting starts is ignorant and foolish.
Someone buy this guy a drink. Most common sense post in a long time.

Re: Brick 2023

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:14 pm

You are all losers to be talking about a 10 year old who did or did not play in the Brick... none of you have said it but you want to.... my little Jimmy is going to the NHL :roll: .... the Brick tournament has been around for 34 years.... in those 34 years around 200 have played in the NHL... that's about 4-5 a year with 14 teams entered every year..... and if you look at the list of the 200 you don't even know 95% of the players.... I guess we have to wait for another 8 years to find out.
Please enlighten us why the kids who made brick won’t be playing a years to come. And why the non brick kids will be playing ?
I'm not claiming to be a doctor but physical and mental development hasn't taken place yet and both of these are key factors... what some of these kids are doing in the Brick tournament they won't being doing in contact, they will lose their heads......... and if you asked 90% of these kids and say who's idea was it to put you on the Brick Team... they would say mom and dad.

Just wait until contact is what every parent of a big slow kid with no hockey sense likes to say. Brick kids physical and mental development will be every bit as beneficial as non brick kids and most likely even better. If a kid is unusually short or lacks hockey iq then yes those are big obstacles to overcome but to say that everyone is like that is just stupid. My son played in the 2012 brick and most of the top kids last year are still the top kids now. The ones who have dropped off are mostly due to being too small which almost always means they have a weak shot as well, so 2 huge liabilities at least. And they aren’t even hitting yet.
Most big slow kids now will still be big and slow 5 years from now. Nobody sprinkles fairy dust that makes them skate like the wind all of a sudden and it’s very rare that big kids grow into their bodies and suddenly become great athletes. I’ve seen it with my 09 sons age group as well it’s just how it works.
Your jealous comments that all brick kids will suck when hitting starts is ignorant and foolish.
Someone buy this guy a drink. Most common sense post in a long time.
I didn't say all Brick kids.... I said about 95% :lol: and the mental part of a 10 year old Brick kid? :roll: you know what they say.... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.... have a back up plan bud.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:13 pm Just wait until contact is what every parent of a big slow kid with no hockey sense likes to say. Brick kids physical and mental development will be every bit as beneficial as non brick kids and most likely even better. If a kid is unusually short or lacks hockey iq then yes those are big obstacles to overcome but to say that everyone is like that is just stupid. My son played in the 2012 brick and most of the top kids last year are still the top kids now. The ones who have dropped off are mostly due to being too small which almost always means they have a weak shot as well, so 2 huge liabilities at least. And they aren’t even hitting yet.
I mean, in the end, this is stuff you can prove or disprove with data over multiple years. If we accept that from let's say 2012-2014, we have a good idea how most of those kids are going to turn out in terms of a hockey career, we can just look at the BD rosters. I'd classify a kid's hockey career as one of four results:

Tier 1: Player's rights are owned by an NHL team
Tier 2: Player made it to the OHL/NCAA
Tier 3: Player is still playing competitive hockey (think OJHL/Canadian University)
Tier 4: Player did not play after minor hockey

Caveat: if anything, these results might understate it as I can verify all these results other than the "didn't play again" since maybe they played somewhere and I just can't find it.

2012: 14 skaters, 2 goalies
Tier 1: 7
Tier 2: 5
Tier 3: 3
Tier 4: 1

2013: 14 skaters, 2 goalies
Tier 1: 7
Tier 3: 4
Tier 4: 0

2014: 14 skaters, 2 goalies
Tier 1: 4
Tier 3: 5
Tier 4: 2

Even if you jump forward to, say, the 2019 Brick, how many of those kids are still playing AAA?

2019: 15 skaters, 2 goalies
Played AAA in 2022-2023: 16
Did not play AAA in 2022-2023: 1

There's nothing to suggest this idea that "once hitting starts all these kids are going to fade away". I'm far from claiming "make a brick team and start planning what suit you're wearing to the NHL draft" but there's a very strong correlation between the kids who go to the Brick and carrying on with hockey at least into their early twenties with success.

Post by Guest »

The Brick is a great tournament in terms of talent. However it is a monopoly for two clubs in Toronto. What they do has gone stale. Nothing is good about the development, the way they talk to kids and the being intoxicated for all waking hours. The parents pay a lot of money and want it to be done professionally. Time to bring in some new Toronto teams, maybe Toronto Elite?

Post by Guest »

Doing brick is like adding sprinkles to a sundae. if you play in the G, you’re already a banana split.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:49 pm Doing brick is like adding sprinkles to a sundae. if you play in the G, you’re already a banana split.
What is Brick?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:27 pm The Brick is a great tournament in terms of talent. However it is a monopoly for two clubs in Toronto. What they do has gone stale. Nothing is good about the development, the way they talk to kids and the being intoxicated for all waking hours. The parents pay a lot of money and want it to be done professionally. Time to bring in some new Toronto teams, maybe Toronto Elite?
Biggest joke someone has ever said in here Toronto Elite. Can you name 1 élite tournament they have won in 2013/2014/2015/2015. They are all about money forcing parents to buy the full gear highest fees and free rides to players. Coaches jump on and off benches just to join a winning team. They didn’t even playoffs in any élite tournaments.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:53 am
Guest wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:27 pm The Brick is a great tournament in terms of talent. However it is a monopoly for two clubs in Toronto. What they do has gone stale. Nothing is good about the development, the way they talk to kids and the being intoxicated for all waking hours. The parents pay a lot of money and want it to be done professionally. Time to bring in some new Toronto teams, maybe Toronto Elite?
Biggest joke someone has ever said in here Toronto Elite. Can you name 1 élite tournament they have won in 2013/2014/2015/2015. They are all about money forcing parents to buy the full gear highest fees and free rides to players. Coaches jump on and off benches just to join a winning team. They didn’t even playoffs in any élite tournaments.
So true

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:24 pm

Is this a bitter Quebec parent? :lol: :lol: :lol:

100%
Big and slow now will most likely be bigger and slow in years to come.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:32 pm

100%
Big and slow now will most likely be bigger and slow in years to come.

Easy there fortune teller Can I come over for a card reading :lol:
Everyone knows everything on here well they think !!