2015 AAA

Re: 2015 AAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm Heard that TT will have a better than usual coach and roster this year
Any TT parents here? Is it true that their head C tells the kids that if they discuss with their parents any dressing room conversations there will be consequences? If it’s true, I’d rather send my kid to house league or a different sport than leave him alone with that guy
Not sure about the roster I heard they have a couple Tier 2 kids and those kids should not be in Triple AAA. Not sure that helps but at least they are showing loyalty too the kids they have.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:12 pm
Guest wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm Heard that TT will have a better than usual coach and roster this year
Any TT parents here? Is it true that their head C tells the kids that if they discuss with their parents any dressing room conversations there will be consequences? If it’s true, I’d rather send my kid to house league or a different sport than leave him alone with that guy
Not sure about the roster I heard they have a couple Tier 2 kids and those kids should not be in Triple AAA. Not sure that helps but at least they are showing loyalty too the kids they have.
For those couple of kids I think theyre looking at player potential/ethic and player/parent commitment. My guess is a few teams have a couple kids in this situation.

Not a TT parent but been trying

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:45 am
For those couple of kids I think theyre looking at player potential/ethic and player/parent commitment. My guess is a few teams have a couple kids in this situation.

Keeping a kid on a AAA that doesn't deserve to be there isn't ethical or loyal. When kids that did the work and deserve those spots are passed over for "loyalty" (which is just a fancy word for parents being buddies) it hurts the reputation of the team and organization. And it actually does a disservice to that kid and his/her teammates. It holds the entire group back during games and practices and creates tension on the team when the losses start to pile up or the kid just ends up sitting on the bench shift after shift.

There's no good that comes from this type of situation especially when the child would have way more fun and likely develop more as a player on a strong AA team. This obsession with making a AAA team at all costs is so toxic and 99% of the time is more about the parents ego than fostering the kids love of the game, which btw is the number one ingredient if you'd like your kid to go far in the sport. A coach that is actually being ethical will have tough but honest conversations with these parents and do what is best for his team.

Post by Guest »

TT doesn't have a choice, because of the reputation its hard for them to recruit players. I have heard several stories that are crazy toxic.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:28 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:52 am
Guest wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:09 am
Guest wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:40 am I heard anyone that is on the TE team is supposed to be on VK is that true.
CJC wishes. Most of those kids are going to TM, TYN, and JRC.
VK has 2-3 kids coming back from 2014 AA Vaughan , and a mix bag of whoever will pay the most and say the least.

VK will sit in the 6-9 spot next year.
Nailed it! Coach knows he has 2 -3 seasons tops to cash in as much as possible prior to being replaced with a big boy coach that the organization recycles from the older age groups.

VK have a plan, like they do with every other age group. They will continue to recycle their coaches at the older age groups. So, the statement above is pretty accurate.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 am

Keeping a kid on a AAA that doesn't deserve to be there isn't ethical or loyal. When kids that did the work and deserve those spots are passed over for "loyalty" (which is just a fancy word for parents being buddies) it hurts the reputation of the team and organization. And it actually does a disservice to that kid and his/her teammates. It holds the entire group back during games and practices and creates tension on the team when the losses start to pile up or the kid just ends up sitting on the bench shift after shift.

There's no good that comes from this type of situation especially when the child would have way more fun and likely develop more as a player on a strong AA team. This obsession with making a AAA team at all costs is so toxic and 99% of the time is more about the parents ego than fostering the kids love of the game, which btw is the number one ingredient if you'd like your kid to go far in the sport. A coach that is actually being ethical will have tough but honest conversations with these parents and do what is best for his team.
Putting a kid who has no signs of keeping up is definitely wrong. What I meant to say was player potential/ work ethic. These kids will be very different next year, some will change alot. A good coach with experience would hopefully see where a kid is headed and what he is capable of and where others might fall off . Some of them were still playing half-ice 4 on 4 in the first half of current season. And other kids who were successful aren't guaranteed to be next year

Post by Guest »

OH BOY

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:01 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 am

Putting a kid who has no signs of keeping up is definitely wrong. What I meant to say was player potential/ work ethic. These kids will be very different next year, some will change alot. A good coach with experience would hopefully see where a kid is headed and what he is capable of and where others might fall off . Some of them were still playing half-ice 4 on 4 in the first half of current season. And other kids who were successful aren't guaranteed to be next year
Signs of keeping up?? Where they are headed?? Potential?? These kids/parents have had 3 years to get themselves ready for AAA. If they're not ready now, no problem, play AA until they they deserve a spot on a AAA club.

Post by Guest »

CJC recruiting 2 2016 kids apparently that are playing on his TE team this spring

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:45 pm CJC recruiting 2 2016 kids apparently that are playing on his TE team this spring
Good move. NYR has a 2016 kid, maybe 2. There’s more than a few that will be just fine in the age group. Better than anyone who would play TT or TRW