2008 ETA

Re: 2008 ETA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:52 am
Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:37 pm How many ETA kids go first night of draft, top 3 rounds?
My bet take it to the bank - not one player from any parent commenting on this site
So I guess yours is a no then. Give your head a shake dude. I know first rounders whose parents have been on this site over the years. Hell, even the kids are on it. Thx though for your input, much appreciated.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:41 pm First three rounds so night one I would say
BC -LH, AM, NA, KG,EA,
Yse -JH, BM, OC, CE
Qrd -JCL, LC .. MD is in the Q
OG -NB , LG maybe
PP-CF, KM
WW -maybe RT
KG-JF

That's not saying that's the kids drafted but that's the ones in the first three rounds
BC - sound right possibly 1 more
YSE - I would say 4, you might not have the correct ones
QRD - maybe NL or MA as well
PP - you can add CM and possibly RC, strong showing when it counts.
WW - most of their draftees will fall after 3 but before 10
KG - not likely to have any one drafted in the first half
OMG - will likely have at least 2 D in the first 3 rounds

Other will be drafted but after the 3rd

Post by Guest »

Quinte kid wins OMHA player of the year. Lol.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:30 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:41 pm First three rounds so night one I would say
BC -LH, AM, NA, KG,EA,
Yse -JH, BM, OC, CE
Qrd -JCL, LC .. MD is in the Q
OG -NB , LG maybe
PP-CF, KM
WW -maybe RT
KG-JF

That's not saying that's the kids drafted but that's the ones in the first three rounds
BC - sound right possibly 1 more
YSE - I would say 4, you might not have the correct ones
QRD - maybe NL or MA as well
PP - you can add CM and possibly RC, strong showing when it counts.
WW - most of their draftees will fall after 3 but before 10
KG - not likely to have any one drafted in the first half
OMG - will likely have at least 2 D in the first 3 rounds

Other will be drafted but after the 3rd
Ma will be late round pick for qrd. Off year and heard quit before last game didn't look good

Post by Guest »

Kids who COULD go top 3 rounds

APR - no one
BC - AM, NA, LH, KG, TP
COW - no one
CT - no one
KJG - JF
MW - no one
NCP - no one
OJG - NB, LG
PP - CF, CM, KM, RC
QRD - JCL, LC
WW - JC, RT
YSE - FK, BM, JA, OC

Realistically ETA will have 10-15 players in top 3 rounds.

If a goalie goes first 3 rounds it will be from OJG, YSE or BC but I don’t see one going top 3 rounds likely all 4 go rounds 4-6

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:04 pm Kids who COULD go top 3 rounds

APR - no one
BC - AM, NA, LH, KG, TP
COW - no one
CT - no one
KJG - JF
MW - no one
NCP - no one
OJG - NB, LG
PP - CF, CM, KM, RC
QRD - JCL, LC
WW - JC, RT
YSE - FK, BM, JA, OC

If a goalie goes first 3 rounds it will be from OJG, YSE or BC but I don’t see one going top 3 rounds likely all 4 go rounds 4-6
Well said. You gave 20 good names but 5-6 won’t go in the first 3 rounds. There is so much talent out there that so many don’t even know about. And don’t forget, 17 and 18 yr old kids who played Tier II or Jr B, and can’t be drafted in the u18 draft, are all part of the eligibility draft. So that adds even more names to the list.

You’re all out of your little ponds now everybody.

Good luck to all.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:25 pm

APR - no one
BC - AM, NA, LH, KG, TP
COW - no one
CT - no one
KJG - JF
MW - no one
NCP - no one
OJG - NB, LG
PP - CF, CM, KM, RC
QRD - JCL, LC
WW - JC, RT
YSE - FK, BM, JA, OC

Well said. You gave 20 good names but 5-6 won’t go in the first 3 rounds. There is so much talent out there that so many don’t even know about. And don’t forget, 17 and 18 yr old kids who played Tier II or Jr B, and can’t be drafted in the u18 draft, are all part of the eligibility draft. So that adds even more names to the list.

Good luck to all.
Great comment. All these experts are also basing this on what they see on the ice. Or think they see. The other side of the coin is interviews, character, coach discussions, social media reviews, school record, etc. Half these kids may not be worth the risk of a top 3 round investment on that basis alone. Just watch folks. You dont know close to what you think you know, having been through this once already.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:43 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:25 pm

APR - no one
BC - AM, NA, LH, KG, TP
COW - no one
CT - no one
KJG - JF
MW - no one
NCP - no one
OJG - NB, LG
PP - CF, CM, KM, RC
QRD - JCL, LC
WW - JC, RT
YSE - FK, BM, JA, OC

Good luck to all.
Great comment. All these experts are also basing this on what they see on the ice. Or think they see. The other side of the coin is interviews, character, coach discussions, social media reviews, school record, etc. Half these kids may not be worth the risk of a top 3 round investment on that basis alone. Just watch folks. You dont know close to what you think you know, having been through this once already.
Bunch of know it all’s …should be head scouts …get a life losers ….must have a very boring life

Post by Guest »

[/quote]

Yes, exactly. Some kids are being passed over (or pushed down) for things parents don’t even realise. Pictures parents post on social media, the stuff their kids post, bench behaviour/ suspensions, interviews where kids have too much bravado and not enough character, families who act entitled etc etc. Most teams truly are looking for character kids with skill not just skilled kids. And they don’t want the hassle of dealing with overbearing dads, kids with attitudes, kids who party/vape/roids or kids who bang their sticks still or chase down refs for points. It’s all on display and all is being seen and being taken into account.
The draft will be interesting and a disappointment for some.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 pm What round does d man BG from Barrie go? Excuses have already started about his performance at OHL cup.
If you like a kid that constantly takes 4 min headshot penalties in the first period, first round!