OHL CUP 2023

Re: OHL CUP 2023

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:47 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:22 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:25 pm Everyone just stop. Can we please get back to discussing the absolutely brutal performance by the supposed #1 pick RR

He can't be top 5 after this OHL cup performance
You’re obsessed with a 15 year old kid…must be doing something right!
Exactly. You all need help

Come Monday night its all over for 99.999% of you except for beer league
Actually no the alliance still has their finals so RR20 will get a chance to show he isn’t actually a bust and BM44 will get another chance to show he deserves to be in the conversation.
Guest2

Post by Guest2 »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:44 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:25 pm Everyone just stop. Can we please get back to discussing the absolutely brutal performance by the supposed #1 pick RR

Actually no the alliance still has their finals so RR20 will get a chance to show he isn’t actually a bust and BM44 will get another chance to show he deserves to be in the conversation.
Ok, first time I’ve seen BM for Waterloo. Is it just spaghetti legs from playing so much hockey this tourney or does he normally have such a choppy stride? Great player, don’t get me wrong but wonder how it will translate to the faster competition next season in the O.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:44 pm

Top picks will perform at a high level at every opportunity. RR20 just sh!t the bed 5 games in a row. He’s definitely dropped like a stone

Post by Guest »

Another all GTHL final.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:39 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:59 am Ha ha Marlies

Shit the bed against WW and all anyone at the rink is talking about are the two TM coaches on their cell phones on the bench with 20 seconds left during yesterdays round robin game yelling at WM to get back on the ice so he could get another point. Told the kids in the changeroom they were trying to get him his 10th point. Great job RP! Cost your team the OHL Cup!
I don’t know anything about this but they lost this game because they couldn’t stop punching guys in the head, not because of some phones being out.

44 on Waterloo is my pick to be the highest drafted player from this class in the NHL draft in a few years. He was all over the ice and I think his game will translate well to the next level compared to a few of the other top prospects.
TPH coaches and parents thought it was the most classless thing they’ve ever seen. Thirty years ago as soon as that last puck was dropped they would’ve beaten WM to a pulp.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:32 pm

He wasn’t going to be #1 even before this, but in the top 3-4 yes. His stock had to fall, he didn’t look engaged in this tournament and not much of an effort in any game.
He was projected as #1 for the 2023 draft last year!!! Anyone who's seen him play knows he's lazy and pouts when things don't go his way. There are better players. I don't even think he will be an impact player in the OHL until 19

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:43 pmAnother all GTHL final.
With help from the GTHL executive. Reversing a suspension that would have left VK best forward out of the semi final game……hmmmmmm, same kid who had two points. Also reversed a JRC suspension. Funny how those get reversed but heard the one from ptbo didn’t. Don’t get me wrong, VK were the better team and so was JRC but the optics look really bad.

This tournament (other than the kids) is a highly unorganized and poorly run/officiated end of year show. I challenge the OHL to let another organization or two run it for a while. Take it out of the hands of the corrupt GTHL.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:10 am
With help from the GTHL executive. Reversing a suspension that would have left VK best forward out of the semi final game……hmmmmmm, same kid who had two points. Also reversed a JRC suspension. Funny how those get reversed but heard the one from ptbo didn’t. Don’t get me wrong, VK were the better team and so was JRC but the optics look really bad.

This tournament (other than the kids) is a highly unorganized and poorly run/officiated end of year show. I challenge the OHL to let another organization or two run it for a while. Take it out of the hands of the corrupt GTHL.

The GTHL kids are just better and you just make jealous comments because you wish you were there

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:28 am

The GTHL kids are just better and you just make jealous comments because you wish you were there
Ya right,
People are wondering how much the GTHL refs were paid for their performance, bought and paid for by the deep pockets of GTHL parents.
Parents paying to get their kids onto teams paying to get teams into finals and paying to get them drafted.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:28 am

VK got outshot 33-14 and outplayed. They weren't the better team but snuck in the win. It's hockey and it's happens but don't call them them better. If you're on here, you should be a hockey person, smarten up.