Spring Hockey Tryouts U7 / U8 / U9

Re: Spring Hockey Tryouts U7 / U8 / U9

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:53 am
Guest wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:36 am
Guest wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:32 am
Guest wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:19 am
Guest wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:06 pm As likely mentioned before everyone is free to spend their after tax money, time and effort doing whatever they want.......as someone who has been a non parent coach and also had a kid play spring hockey my only advice is.....your mileage may vary...good luck to everyone
My kid just got taken off the bulldogs top team last night because another kid who didn't even try out wanted to join.

They didn't even offer me my money back, just told me that hes on the 2nd team now.

this is insane.
Welcome to competitive hockey. For every decent coach there are 3 others lining up to take your money.
My kid started on the 3rd team and got bumped to the 4th team. Again, a bunch of kids who didn't even try out are coming and taking spots.

Bulldogs are a scam, I will never let me kid play there again. Luckily he has friends that are on the roster, so hes not upset.
Brutal - my kid got bumped from the 7th team to the 8th team - Bobby from Windsor took his spot :o
Hate all you want, but parents are just trying to do what they think is good for their kids. As long as the kids WANT to play, I see nothing wrong with it. Bulldogs isn't the route I would take personally, but if your fall team isn't putting on a spring team - then its a valid choice.

Nothing funnier than a parent who's kid probably couldn't make the bulldogs (even though they take everyone) making fun of other peoples choices.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:58 am
Guest wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:06 pm As likely mentioned before everyone is free to spend their after tax money, time and effort doing whatever they want.......as someone who has been a non parent coach and also had a kid play spring hockey my only advice is.....your mileage may vary...good luck to everyone
My kid just got taken off the bulldogs top team last night because another kid who didn't even try out wanted to join.

They didn't even offer me my money back, just told me that hes on the 2nd team now.

this is insane.
Welcome to competitive hockey. For every decent coach there are 3 others lining up to take your money.
My kid started on the 3rd team and got bumped to the 4th team. Again, a bunch of kids who didn't even try out are coming and taking spots.

Bulldogs are a scam, I will never let me kid play there again. Luckily he has friends that are on the roster, so hes not upset.
Brutal - my kid got bumped from the 7th team to the 8th team - Bobby from Windsor took his spot :o
Hate all you want, but parents are just trying to do what they think is good for their kids. As long as the kids WANT to play, I see nothing wrong with it. Bulldogs isn't the route I would take personally, but if your fall team isn't putting on a spring team - then its a valid choice.

Nothing funnier than a parent who's kid probably couldn't make the bulldogs (even though they take everyone) making fun of other peoples choices.
Bulldogs, ProHoc are the biggest cash grabs out there. If you paid to try out then you're being taken for a ride. These teams are made before the tryouts. Last year ProHoc tryouts at Xmas were almost $200. Think about that. 30 kids X $200 + $6000 take $1000 for ice and, well, you get the picture. Last year they wanted $300 per tournament. 18 kids X $300 = $5400 for a tournament that costs around $1500. Now think about how many of these teams these companies have, and do the math. Think about it and you'll realize what spring hockey is about. It's almost as sickening as the 'coaches' who run this crap.
And, fyi I'm not some parent who is jealous that my kid isn't on the 'team'. I've not approached any of these teams and only play for these orgs. when they offer the position for free (which happens often). My kid will spend the summer training, swimming and being a kid. It's a long way to the draft so save your money because real hockey is expensive.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:16 am
Guest wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:58 am

this is insane.

Bulldogs, ProHoc are the biggest cash grabs out there. If you paid to try out then you're being taken for a ride. These teams are made before the tryouts. Last year ProHoc tryouts at Xmas were almost $200. Think about that. 30 kids X $200 + $6000 take $1000 for ice and, well, you get the picture. Last year they wanted $300 per tournament. 18 kids X $300 = $5400 for a tournament that costs around $1500. Now think about how many of these teams these companies have, and do the math. Think about it and you'll realize what spring hockey is about. It's almost as sickening as the 'coaches' who run this crap.
And, fyi I'm not some parent who is jealous that my kid isn't on the 'team'. I've not approached any of these teams and only play for these orgs. when they offer the position for free (which happens often). My kid will spend the summer training, swimming and being a kid. It's a long way to the draft so save your money because real hockey is expensive.
My kids not playing bulldogs. They ARE doing spring hockey with their fall team though.

My kid plays a rep sport in the spring/summer, but asked if he could join the Spring team. Its a couple tournaments, a handful of practices, and he wants to try it.

Maybe he hates it, maybe he loves it. But wanted to try it.

Most parents know their kid isn't making any drafts, so when you make that comment - its just a roll of the eyes form most.

And god - forbid a team make money from providing a service.

Post by Guest »

this is insane.

lol what age group is all this rearranging happening at?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:45 am

this is insane.

lol what age group is all this rearranging happening at?
My kid is the one that was on the top team and got bumped to the 2nd team. We are 2016.

Post by Guest »

How does Duffield and Vaughan form up their U7 teams? Does it all start during this forthcoming Spring season for next Fall or is it all preset already like most things?

Post by Guest »

My son is a 2016 in the Ottawa are and we are doing this for fun and nothing else. A couple local tournaments for the kids that want to keep the hockey season going. About 300-400 all in before baseball/golf start.

Anyone doing this for exposure and development (like I hear around the rinks all the time). Stop and ask yourself. Is it for your kid(s) or for yourself?

They're 7/8 years old right now. Wake up.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:53 am
Guest wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:21 pm Anyone hear back from Bulldogs yet?
Dont worry.. ..everyone gets a spot.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:00 am How does Duffield and Vaughan form up their U7 teams? Does it all start during this forthcoming Spring season for next Fall or is it all preset already like most things?
bump, anyone know this? ought to be some DD and VR parents in this thread

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know how many bulldogs spring teams are for U9? One top team (pre-brick) and one 2nd team (AAA) or there are more?