2010 A West

Re: 2010 A West

Post by Guest »

Questions?

With the VRE moving to the East...

Question 1. Do you think the West will be more competitive (skills were equally divided among the teams)? Or Do you think the West will be watered down (skills-wise) and there will be 1 or 2 team(s) that will dominate?

Question 2. Do you think there should be hitting at the A level in this age group, like the AA level?

Your thoughts?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:24 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:34 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:32 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:50 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:50 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:07 pm

Well there were two kids wearing shorts from AAA teams.
Well, go check your vision then.
I think you should check your brain if you have one.
I just went and my doctor said everything is fine, thank you for your concern.
Get a new doctor
Go back to the east forum you sewer rat
Why? I feel like home here.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:10 pm Questions?

Question 1. Do you think the West will be more competitive (skills were equally divided among the teams)? Or Do you think the West will be watered down (skills-wise) and there will be 1 or 2 team(s) that will dominate?

Question 2. Do you think there should be hitting at the A level in this age group, like the AA level?

Your thoughts?
Doesn’t the OMHA have hitting in A? Why doesn’t the G?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:56 pm Why are the Panthers participating in an A tournament. Shouldn’t they try Select lower Tier level first? Baby steps.
Lost all 5 games, some were close at least. Only one goal all tournament so they know what to work on.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:17 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:56 pm Why are the Panthers participating in an A tournament. Shouldn’t they try Select lower Tier level first? Baby steps.
Lost all 5 games, some were close at least. Only one goal all tournament so they know what to work on.
Ouch, 1 goal? Sounds like offence is going to be a big problem once again for the Panthers.

Post by Guest »

On folding the team?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:31 pm
On folding the team?
That was the new Panthers team. We were on that team last season (gone now). We actually did very well at tournaments and looked strong pre-season.

I hate to say it, but if you’re on this new team, jump ship and find something better or more suited to your kids level of play. They are going to get knocked around and just be the team to gain points from next season. Will be miserable. But, to each their own!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:16 am
Guest wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:31 pm
On folding the team?
That was the new Panthers team. We were on that team last season (gone now). We actually did very well at tournaments and looked strong pre-season.

I hate to say it, but if you’re on this new team, jump ship and find something better or more suited to your kids level of play. They are going to get knocked around and just be the team to gain points from next season. Will be miserable. But, to each their own!
Hearing old coach took his son to West Mall A

Post by Guest »

Your thoughts?
Hearing that two of the bottom AA teams are dropping down to A in the West, that should make for some good competition. They may dominate a bit but should push the division as a whole and some of the returning teams should be competitive.

OMHA does have it for A but I know a number of organizations just outside the GTA had issues in possibly losing players to the G because there is no contact. Parents want somewhere for their kids to play competitively without the risk of injury. I do think they could be more lax in allowing board battles without condoning runs at players or open ice hits.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:19 pm

Your thoughts?
Hearing that two of the bottom AA teams are dropping down to A in the West, that should make for some good competition. They may dominate a bit but should push the division as a whole and some of the returning teams should be competitive.

OMHA does have it for A but I know a number of organizations just outside the GTA had issues in possibly losing players to the G because there is no contact. Parents want somewhere for their kids to play competitively without the risk of injury. I do think they could be more lax in allowing board battles without condoning runs at players or open ice hits.
Two AA teams moving to A for this coming season? Highly unlikely.

Outside the city for players that don't want contact what happens is the BB teams get stronger with those players as they don't have contact. It makes tournaments more difficult for GTHL teams, not a ton of non-checking divisions at tourneys in Ontario.