2010 A West

Re: 2010 A West

Post by Guest »

Exactly. The two bottom AA teams already have A teams so how would that work. Plus all the parents / players already signed up for a AA team. Can’t really change and drop.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:50 pm Exactly. The two bottom AA teams already have A teams so how would that work. Plus all the parents / players already signed up for a AA team. Can’t really change and drop.
LOL Yeah, its BS. Imagine a kid leaving an A team to go to AA then being told they'll be playing in A against their old team? LOL They likely would not have left then. ZERO chance that happens.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:38 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:19 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:10 pm Questions?

With the VRE moving to the East...

Question 1. Do you think the West will be more competitive (skills were equally divided among the teams)? Or Do you think the West will be watered down (skills-wise) and there will be 1 or 2 team(s) that will dominate?

Question 2. Do you think there should be hitting at the A level in this age group, like the AA level?

Your thoughts?
Hearing that two of the bottom AA teams are dropping down to A in the West, that should make for some good competition. They may dominate a bit but should push the division as a whole and some of the returning teams should be competitive.

OMHA does have it for A but I know a number of organizations just outside the GTA had issues in possibly losing players to the G because there is no contact. Parents want somewhere for their kids to play competitively without the risk of injury. I do think they could be more lax in allowing board battles without condoning runs at players or open ice hits.
Two AA teams moving to A for this coming season? Highly unlikely.

Outside the city for players that don't want contact what happens is the BB teams get stronger with those players as they don't have contact. It makes tournaments more difficult for GTHL teams, not a ton of non-checking divisions at tourneys in Ontario.
Fake news

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:00 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:38 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:19 pm
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:10 pm Questions?

With the VRE moving to the East...

Question 1. Do you think the West will be more competitive (skills were equally divided among the teams)? Or Do you think the West will be watered down (skills-wise) and there will be 1 or 2 team(s) that will dominate?

Question 2. Do you think there should be hitting at the A level in this age group, like the AA level?

Your thoughts?
Hearing that two of the bottom AA teams are dropping down to A in the West, that should make for some good competition. They may dominate a bit but should push the division as a whole and some of the returning teams should be competitive.

OMHA does have it for A but I know a number of organizations just outside the GTA had issues in possibly losing players to the G because there is no contact. Parents want somewhere for their kids to play competitively without the risk of injury. I do think they could be more lax in allowing board battles without condoning runs at players or open ice hits.
Two AA teams moving to A for this coming season? Highly unlikely.

Outside the city for players that don't want contact what happens is the BB teams get stronger with those players as they don't have contact. It makes tournaments more difficult for GTHL teams, not a ton of non-checking divisions at tourneys in Ontario.
Fake news

So... Here is my perspective.

"A" Rep hockey is nothing more than glorified Select hockey for this age group. Parents are paying $4000 to $5000 in total team registration and maybe an extra $2000 for summer team training - i.e. Team practice skates, individual team (defense & forward) clinics and summer tournaments just to play 4 mins more during the regular season vs. Select. It's ridiculous! Sorry, I forgot to mention "A" Rep is a tad more skilled than Select.

Also, if your child gets called up to play "AA" which there is hitting - What then? Your child is not prepared for hitting - they're going to get hurt!
Another Point - Let's just say your child tries out for "AA" the next season, your child is already at a disadvantage since s/he is a year behind on their development. More money to spend.

If the GTHL really wants to call "A" Rep hockey then there should be hitting in this age. If you do not want your son or daughter not getting hit then Play Select. Plus the cost to play hockey in Select is much lower. I'm still wrapping my head around paying in total between $6000 to $7000 to play "A" hockey. I'm not complaining or bitching because my son didn't make an "AA" team, I'm just strictly looking at the cost for my son to play non-contact hockey. I still play hockey in a non-contact league for $600 and the majority of the cost is beers & wings.

This is my perspective, not saying I'm 100% right, but I do hope you all can understand my points.

Thank you!

Post by Guest »

Blame the parents! Most are just letter chasers, end up on a rock bottom team just to say that their kid plays ‘A’. It’s pathetic.

Meanwhile, said ‘A’ team would get whooped by any top Tier 1 Select team easily. These parents need to give their head a shake.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:03 am Blame the parents! Most are just letter chasers, end up on a rock bottom team just to say that their kid plays ‘A’. It’s pathetic.

Meanwhile, said ‘A’ team would get whooped by any top Tier 1 Select team easily. These parents need to give their head a shake.
Tier 1 select....lol

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:45 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:03 am Blame the parents! Most are just letter chasers, end up on a rock bottom team just to say that their kid plays ‘A’. It’s pathetic.

Tier 1 select....lol
What are you lol’ing at. This is bang on.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:32 pm

So... Here is my perspective.

"A" Rep hockey is nothing more than glorified Select hockey for this age group. Parents are paying $4000 to $5000 in total team registration and maybe an extra $2000 for summer team training - i.e. Team practice skates, individual team (defense & forward) clinics and summer tournaments just to play 4 mins more during the regular season vs. Select. It's ridiculous! Sorry, I forgot to mention "A" Rep is a tad more skilled than Select.

Also, if your child gets called up to play "AA" which there is hitting - What then? Your child is not prepared for hitting - they're going to get hurt!
Another Point - Let's just say your child tries out for "AA" the next season, your child is already at a disadvantage since s/he is a year behind on their development. More money to spend.

If the GTHL really wants to call "A" Rep hockey then there should be hitting in this age. If you do not want your son or daughter not getting hit then Play Select. Plus the cost to play hockey in Select is much lower. I'm still wrapping my head around paying in total between $6000 to $7000 to play "A" hockey. I'm not complaining or bitching because my son didn't make an "AA" team, I'm just strictly looking at the cost for my son to play non-contact hockey. I still play hockey in a non-contact league for $600 and the majority of the cost is beers & wings.

This is my perspective, not saying I'm 100% right, but I do hope you all can understand my points.

Thank you!
Same applies to AA - none of them are getting a college free ride or playing pro. Plus crazier coaches and parents, plus risk to get injured.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:21 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:45 am

Tier 1 select....lol
What are you lol’ing at. This is bang on.
Lol

Post by Guest »

If your logic holds then the Panthers, who are mostly Tier 1 Select players, should be competitive next year.